PDA

View Full Version : Well its offical I have the big "C"

gobs101
02-20-2007, 03:25 PM
I was so hoping they were wrong. It just seems like I get one health issue after another ever since Chris was KIA. When does it end. I am really tired of all this crap. Now I get to look forward to treatments and freaken handful of drugs with pills bigger than anything I have ever seen. In 4 weeks after this healthy meal of pills I am taking I get to start my treatments................

I want it to end, NOW.:( :(

DBackFan
02-20-2007, 03:27 PM
Oh Dawn I am so sorry. Please let me know if I can do anything and I will keep you in my prayers and think great big healthy thoughts. ((((Dawn))))

April
02-20-2007, 03:50 PM
I am so sorry, Dawn. I don't live that far from you, if you ever want to talk, just pm me and let me know.

ang in NC
02-20-2007, 03:51 PM
I will pray for you.

Pepsi4me
02-20-2007, 03:53 PM
Im so sorry. :(

freeby4me
02-20-2007, 03:59 PM
Please tell us if there is anything we can do for you at all. Remember, We, Your BBS Family is here for you for everything. I will be keeping you in my thoughts. Please, keep us updated on everything thats going on :(

teenies*mom
02-20-2007, 04:02 PM
I'm so sorry - you will be in my thoughts and prayers.

sheila_361
02-20-2007, 04:45 PM
Hugs and prayers for you...

ahippiechic
02-20-2007, 05:10 PM
I was so hoping they were wrong. It just seems like I get one health issue after another ever since Chris was KIA. When does it end. I am really tired of all this crap. Now I get to look forward to treatments and freaken handful of drugs with pills bigger than anything I have ever seen. In 4 weeks after this healthy meal of pills I am taking I get to start my treatments................

I want it to end, NOW.:( :(

I will be strarting chemo again in about 2 weeks, so if you want some one to commiserate with, you can PM me here or email me- azhippie@gmail.com

This wont be the 1st time for me, but it seems as if it always comes up just when you think things are looking up.

tsquared
02-20-2007, 05:22 PM
I will keep you all in my thoughts and prayers

VALENA-)45
02-20-2007, 05:26 PM
So, sorry to hear that. I wish you well with your teatments. (((((((((((Hugs))))))))))

Specialk
02-20-2007, 05:41 PM
I am so sorry to hear about that!!! Big hugs and prayers for you (((((Gobs101))))) We are all here for you!!!!

Jolie Rouge
02-20-2007, 06:05 PM
We will keep both of you in our prayers...

ilikefree
02-20-2007, 06:14 PM
I don't know where you are, but if there's anything I can do, please just ask. You will be in my prayers.

Sweetberries
02-20-2007, 06:40 PM
((((Dawn)))) I'm so sorry :( special prayers being said for you.

lazydaisy
02-20-2007, 07:02 PM
{{{{Dawn}}}}
I don't know what to say, but I'm sorry you have to go through all of this.
I'll keep you in my thoughts and prayers.

gmyers
02-20-2007, 07:12 PM
I'm sorry for what your going through. I'll keep both of you in my prayers.

JKATHERINE
02-20-2007, 07:12 PM
I'm so sorry to hear that Dawn (and Hippie). ((HUGS)) to you both.

Tasha405
02-20-2007, 07:16 PM
I am so sorry you are going through all of this. ((((Hugs))))

Hippie, girl I had no idea you were going in for more treatments. I'm also sorry you are going through all of this. ((((Hugs))))

dv8grl
02-20-2007, 08:11 PM
Stay Positive! ;)

moe265
02-20-2007, 08:19 PM
You will be in my prayers.Stay strong and positive!! You can beat this!!

kidzpca
02-20-2007, 08:26 PM
My prayers go out to you both, Dawn and Hippie...

Definate news to my about you Hippie...but I do remember your continued support when Tiffany was ill and going through Chemo.

We wish you both well.

hblueeyes
02-20-2007, 08:34 PM
Prayers and hugs to both of you and all with the big "C". Now that you have cried, vented about it, it is time to get busy. Ask for prayers. It works. Start to meditate, it relaxes the system and visualize your cancer shrinking to the point it disappears. Stay positive and tell yourself and believ that all will be fine and that you refuse to let it get you. I have had 3 different types of cancer and the above has worked for me each time except for the first time. By the time I found out the first time there was nothing to do other than surgery and it worked. Stay positive and try to relax as best you can.

me:p

killbarney
02-20-2007, 08:44 PM
I am so sorry. I will say prayers that this goes as easy as it can and that the results are very positive. Take care of yourself, and let this family know if there is anything we can do.

Shancopp
02-20-2007, 08:53 PM
Dawn and Hippie...hang in there. Lots of prayers and positive thoughts are going out for you two. ((hugs))

MistyWolf
02-20-2007, 09:13 PM
(((Hugs))) .. I am so sorry .. I will keep you in my prayers.

jcw
02-20-2007, 09:15 PM
prayers and best wishes to both of you.

Fred12
02-20-2007, 10:46 PM
Dawn and Hippie I will keep you both in my prayers.

MsLynn
02-21-2007, 12:10 AM
please know that you are in my prayers

MizzouLady
02-21-2007, 03:30 AM
Prayers and positive thoughts to both of you.

gobs101
02-21-2007, 05:10 AM
Thank you all for all the thoughts and Prayers. I have been so down lately. All I want to do is scream. I have no clue how I can even afford this. I havent been back to work since March 06. Only getting a pitance of what I would normally make. My meds are outragous and some are not covered. Insurance premium jumped, wonder why!!!

I guess now I can look at this as ONE day closer to being with Chris.
Sorry I am just so depressed about this and everything seems to pile up at one time. Someone once told me that God only gives you what you can handle....... well he needs to start looking at someone elses shoulders now, my load is too big now.

PrincessArky
02-21-2007, 06:41 AM
It is understandable that you are feeling so down, I will keep you in my prayers

Blackerose
02-21-2007, 07:06 AM
I am so sorry. I was diagnosed with breast cancer in Oct and recently finished my first round of chemo. If there is anything that I can do for you, please let me know. My doctor told me that there is a link between grief and catastrophic illnesses. Sometimes when one is consumed by grief, the body's immune system may not work as well as it should. But it's hard to be positive after the death of a child and then getting cancer. Prayers and Hugs to you.

tammy77
02-21-2007, 08:02 AM
I am so sorry.Ill be keeping you in my prayers.

heartlvrs
02-21-2007, 08:37 AM
Dawn, I am so sorry to hear this:( Prayed for you just now...if you ever need a shoulder..mine is here!

gobs101
02-21-2007, 08:53 AM
I am so sorry. I was diagnosed with breast cancer in Oct and recently finished my first round of chemo. If there is anything that I can do for you, please let me know. My doctor told me that there is a link between grief and catastrophic illnesses. Sometimes when one is consumed by grief, the body's immune system may not work as well as it should. But it's hard to be positive after the death of a child and then getting cancer. Prayers and Hugs to you.

As one mom who has been there herself, you know the pain of losing your child and now this. I do believe there is a link between grief and illness as all I have done since Chris was killed is have one thing after another and I still need back surgery in my neck. Now I have to wait for that and continue the pain till I get "better". What a joke life is.

taylyn
02-21-2007, 09:35 AM
I am so sorry:(

My prayers are with you and your family

hotwheelstx
02-21-2007, 09:58 AM
I'm so sorry. You and your family will be in my thoughts.......

dcut4
02-21-2007, 12:23 PM
I'm sorry you are having to deal with this.
Is there any way that maybe the drug manufactures can help with the meds cost? I know in some instances they will, maybe your doctor could help steer you in a direction with the meds if you let him know they are a financial strain.

ahippiechic
02-21-2007, 12:57 PM
Also ask your Dr. about any clinical trials the CDC is running, if you qualify, then your meds and most follow up care is free. You may have to chart symptoms, side effects etc and give them access to your medical records.

tngirl
02-21-2007, 02:13 PM
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y233/displacedtngirl/4033.gif

DAVESBABYDOLL
02-21-2007, 02:19 PM
Thank you all for all the thoughts and Prayers. I have been so down lately. All I want to do is scream. I have no clue how I can even afford this. I havent been back to work since March 06. Only getting a pitance of what I would normally make. My meds are outragous and some are not covered. Insurance premium jumped, wonder why!!!

Sorry I am just so depressed about this and everything seems to pile up at one time. Someone once told me that God only gives you what you can handle....... well he needs to start looking at someone elses shoulders now, my load is too big now.

Dawn...Please don't say that,you need possitive thinking now.You know you can lean on me,I have a shoulder to use. You have my email, use it! ((hugs))

ang in NC
02-21-2007, 11:29 PM
I knew someone who got short term disability from ss, perhaps look into it. She had breast cancer too. I am praying for you.

nanajoanie
02-22-2007, 08:56 AM

This frightens me about being closer to Chris. Please ask you doctor about some depression meds. No way would Chris want you to give up. Prayers, healing vibes to you and Hippie and lots of huggles.

And as for meds, Tice and I couldn't afford meds for him either and the doctor gave us papers to fill out for the drugs he was taking and they responded with much lower cost meds. Eventually we went on medicaid and everything was free - meds, tests, doctors, etc. even transportation if we needed it to get him to the doctors. And we got to keep our car and house and everything. Never owed them anything back ever. But the bad part is they actually go thru your purse, wallet, etc., need your bank statements, property deeds/mortages copies.

Had 2 cousins with breast cancer and one got a mastectomy and the other a lumptectomy. Both had unbelievable depression and both got help thru 'shrinks'. Helped tremendously. Maybe try some mental therapy.

GOOD LUCK DAWN AND HIPPIE.

VALENA-)45
02-22-2007, 09:12 AM
I am praying that you get the help you need soon. ((((((((((((((((((((((((Hugs)))))))))))))))))))))) ))))))))))

dena_darling
02-22-2007, 09:13 AM
I'm sorry to hear that. Hugs to you and I will be thinking of you.

Aloha from paradise
02-22-2007, 11:28 AM
I will keep both of you in my prayers.

Blondiex46
02-22-2007, 07:34 PM
well by your post it sounds like you have this strength that you don't want to have but you do and are strong which you probably are tired of being but as a BC survivor we do whatever we have to and yea we hate what we have to do but we do it. Good luck and hang in there..

Charley01
02-24-2007, 11:32 PM
Gosh, I am so sorry to hear that. I was diagnosed with cancer almost 2 years ago. and it is rough. You just have to hang in there even if you don't want to. giving up is the easy way out. anyway, try contacting the American Cancer Association in your area. Also the United Way. Both can steer you to programs for help with costs. I'll be praying for you. Cancer is no fun and we don't deserve it, ((((((((((HUGS))))))))) Also to all the other BBS'rs out there who have gone thru this, we need to all support each other.

Unicornmom77
02-25-2007, 12:07 AM
We will continue to pray for you hun...

Also you to Hippie.

Prayers of healing for you both.

mosdata1
02-26-2007, 08:11 AM
I am so sorry to hear what you are going through. My prayers go out to you both. May God give you strength and surround you with love & support from many others. (((hugs)))

budlite
02-26-2007, 05:57 PM
My prayers are with you. I to have the BIG C. I was Dx with Breast cancer Last March and did 37 rads treatments. I have a complication I am still dealing with and will soon have surgery to fix it.
E mail me if you need some one to talk to.

Hugs and Prayers
Gina

sadie01
02-27-2007, 12:02 PM
I will keep you and Hippie in my thoughts and prayers. My best friend was just diagnosed with Hodgkin's. She will be starting Chemo this week

NCgranny
02-27-2007, 04:16 PM
You have my Thoughts and Prayers...

Freebeemom
02-28-2007, 06:00 AM
I hope you are OK. Please let us know how you are doing!

Madeline_
02-28-2007, 02:37 PM
I will keep you in my prayers. I can't believe all the love and prayers that go out from this one thread. You are truly blessed to have such good cyber friends. I needed prayers for my husband, and all the responses I got from cyber, were much more than his children gave. Prayer is very powerful.
Bless you,
Madelyn

sandooch
02-28-2007, 05:22 PM
God bless!

gobs101
02-28-2007, 07:43 PM
Went for my post -op check up today, really my 3rd one. I have had to have my neck drained 3X's in the last 2.5 weeks. Today was the 1st one where I was ok.
So now I get to start treatments in about a week. More pills, yuck!!!

So now I wait for them to call me back after they get everything set up.

Thank you everyone for all the hugs, prayers and cards. I has truely helped me to get through some of these long depressing days. I have been really down about Chris my health and now I just need to figure out how to pay for the meds, they are so expensive. I did contact a couple of drug reps I know and they are going to try and get me the samples, so that should help.

Love you guys!!! You are the best!:)

ahippiechic
02-28-2007, 09:23 PM
Thanx for letting us know how you're doing. I'm glad things went well today. Also, once you start taking the meds you will be tired a lot. Ask your Dr about getting B-12 injections. I get one every 2 weeks and it helps alot.

YankeeMary
03-01-2007, 05:40 PM
Please know you are always in my prayers. HUGS!!! You are also Hippie!!! HUGS!!!