PDA

View Full Version : Really tired of light sentences people get for killing children!

gmyers
02-08-2007, 08:34 PM
I heard on the news that a church daycare bus driver and an assistant that was supposed to help watch out for the kids on the bus got five years probation for leaving a young child on the bus last summer. The child died of heat exhaustion and thats all they got for pleading guilty to a lesser crime. They're both free, they don't have to do jail time and a child is dead. How do the parents of the child live with that. Its like oops I made a mistake but I don't deserve to serve any punishment even though a young child died in my care. You would think if one didn't see the child the other would. How much trouble is it to walk to the back of the bus and make sure no one is left on it.:mad:

Rosina823
02-08-2007, 09:17 PM
I cant stand to hear stories like that.I think that is a shame thats all they got.The poor parents.

MistyWolf
02-09-2007, 05:19 AM
I just thank God my kids were born to me and not one of these whack jobs out there who hurt kids.

PrincessArky
02-09-2007, 07:46 AM
Personally I think we need to start taking the children kids in the street after being found guilty and just shoot them in the head......might make a few others think twice

hblueeyes
02-10-2007, 07:36 AM
I have to blame our lawmakers in Washington and ourselves for the lack of outcry when people who commit crimes against children are let off so lightly. Maybe if these creeps started molesting, raping,sodomizing, torturing etc., the jerks in DCs children then maybe these laws will change.

Me:p

Freebeemom
02-10-2007, 08:09 AM
I heard on the news that a church daycare bus driver and an assistant that was supposed to help watch out for the kids on the bus got five years probation for leaving a young child on the bus last summer. The child died of heat exhaustion and thats all they got for pleading guilty to a lesser crime. They're both free, they don't have to do jail time and a child is dead. How do the parents of the child live with that. Its like oops I made a mistake but I don't deserve to serve any punishment even though a young child died in my care. You would think if one didn't see the child the other would. How much trouble is it to walk to the back of the bus and make sure no one is left on it.:mad:

I am shocked that the driver was not thrown in jail. In IL, this is a felony w/ jailtime and fines.

mirage7000
02-10-2007, 10:32 AM
Kind of makes me wonder how long the child was on the bus. If I was a parent I'd be checking where it was ( like how it did't come home on time). Yes I do agree that they should check the bus. What part of the country was this? I know here in the Buffalo Ny area you really wouldn't have to worry.