PDA

View Full Version : Gain Mandarin & Lime Commercial ...

MistyWolf
02-08-2007, 05:21 AM
OK, last night I seen a commercial for Gain for their new scent mandarin & lime. I personally don't find the ad offensive, but if people thought the Snickers ad was, they'd most definitely think this was too .. here is what it was about:

4 business men, 2 American, 2 Oriental. The 1st oriental man bows to the 1st American man and in his language looks at the 2nd oriental man and says something about his mandarin & lime scented shirt and proceeds to put his head on the 1st american mans shirt as if he's hugging the man.

The 2nd american man thinks this is an oriental custom and proceeds to mimic the 1st oriental man by putting his head on the 2nd oriental mans shirt as if he's hugging him.

All 4 men realize this is "awkward" and shyly back away from each other.

Wondering how long before there is an uproar over this ad because this person finds it offensive because it's degrading orientals or this one finds it offensive because it's degrading gays?

Tasha405
02-08-2007, 05:24 AM
LOL I haven't seen it yet but I'm sure it will probably get pulled too. Someone somewhere will find it offensive. lol

teenies*mom
02-08-2007, 05:25 AM
I haven't seen it yet either.

MistyWolf
02-08-2007, 05:55 AM
I seen it late last night watching reruns of Tyra .. and I am sure it will get pulled.

I personally think it's funny, but I know there are many who will find it offensive.

Willow
02-08-2007, 06:00 AM
I haven't seen it but I think I might like that scent combination. LOL

MistyWolf
02-08-2007, 06:19 AM
I think I might like that scent combination. LOL

Yeah I think it would smell good too!

teenies*mom
02-08-2007, 06:21 AM
I like Gain detergent too - it really makes your clothes smell good.

newwiccan
02-08-2007, 02:17 PM
I haven't seen it but want to now. I can't wait to try the new scent. I love Gain!