PDA

View Full Version : Ya so some kids broke into our house!!

DezaRay24
02-04-2007, 03:02 PM
I've had a feeling for a little over a week that someone has been in our house but didn't notice anything really big missing. I noticed that the towel that I put behind the door had been moved & that the toilet seat had been up & some DVD's look as if they had been taken.

But then my sons Ipod Nano was gone. I just thought that since it was so small that he miss placed it. We decided that today was cleaning day & we would find it. Then my son asked if he could get his PS2 back if he cleaned his room so I agreed to let him have it back.

I keep the the machine part on my dresser & he keep the contollers, games, hook-ups & memory cards in his room in a drawer.

Well we looked for the PS2 & couldn't find it & then in the drawer & noticed that the contoller, hook-ups, memory cards & only 2 of the like 10 games were missing.

Nothing else in the house was missing so I'm pretty sure it was some little kids on the block that knew what door to come in & where everything was that they wanted.

We went around to some of the kids on our blocks houses and talked with some parents. We also called and made a police report.

I feel bad for my son he is pretty upset about this and don't understand that people would really do this to him.

I can't believe some kids these days that feel that its perfectly okay to do this!

Anyways there is my rant!

PrincessArky
02-04-2007, 03:08 PM
ah man that sure does stink :( You know around here we have a few "bad" kids that turn out to be the "good" kids.......you know the ones that have everything already. I don't know what causes them or any of the others to take things that don't belong to them, I would sooooooooo hurt my kids if they ever even thought about taking what wasn't theirs.

MistyWolf
02-04-2007, 04:36 PM
So sorry .. that is terrible of anyone to do!

TxGreek
02-04-2007, 06:28 PM
I'm not at all saying this is your fault so please don't take it that way.... Did you lock your doors?
My mom used to leave her doors unlocked and I had to drill into her head that it just wasn't safe. She kept telling me that her neighborhood was a safe one, but is there really any safe place now a days?

Anyway, I hope you can find out who did this. Kids have a tendency to talk, so hopefully it'll get back to you.

YankeeMary
02-04-2007, 09:00 PM
I'm not at all saying this is your fault so please don't take it that way.... Did you lock your doors?
My mom used to leave her doors unlocked and I had to drill into her head that it just wasn't safe. She kept telling me that her neighborhood was a safe one, but is there really any safe place now a days?

Anyway, I hope you can find out who did this. Kids have a tendency to talk, so hopefully it'll get back to you.

I agree the little punk will not only talk but brag also. I hope he gets it back.

DezaRay24
02-04-2007, 09:15 PM

Yes, the doors are always locked when we leave. But I think this time my son fogot to lock the back door when he took out the trash early that morning. It was like 5:15am when we left so I'm sure he was half asleep and just forgot.

I really hope they do get caught. I have the serial# off the ipod & am trying to find the one from the PS2 since its not on the box I have to find my reciept.

Quaker_Parrots
02-05-2007, 02:37 AM
Did you register the PS2 online? You might be able to get the serial that way.

YankeeMary
02-05-2007, 05:50 AM
You could turn it into your homeowners. It might just go to your deductable but if something else happens this year, you won't have to worry about the deductable. This is so upsetting to me. What has happened to our society that you can't even miss locking your door one freaking time? Sure makes me really terrified of the future.

gonnascream
02-05-2007, 07:00 AM
you could try what I did.

Cooter had an ex mil that lived down the road and would just walk in the house whenever she wanted (this is while he was single) after me & him got together, she would still walk in even though she knew I didn't like it, and she would come in when she thouht no one was home. ( I surprised her more than once). I went to lowes and bought these little magnetic attachments that when you split them let off an eir peircing alarm. Hooked those up to all the doors, and the next time she tried to walk in, it scared her so bad she almost peed herself and sent her running home. Those things are cheap and effictive. you could put them on and let the neighbors know that when they go off if your not home to call the cops.

pepperpot
02-05-2007, 07:20 AM
Thak stinks, I hope your sone gets them back.

Taterbo
02-06-2007, 12:10 AM
Seeing how other items are not missing..Have your son think back to whom he might have told about getting his PS2 taken away..How would anyone know where to look for it with out being told.. You had the pieces in separate rooms...Those that knew would be a could place to start looking for it..and your son might want to pick better buddies to hang out with. Hope you find his stuff..