PDA

View Full Version : Went to movie for my B-day & teenagers laughing/talking through the whole movie!

Pepsi4me
02-03-2007, 06:10 AM
We were so mad!:mad:

My hubby took me out last night to dinner & a movie for my Birthday. We went to see The Messengers which is a great movie but a little scary. My Aunt watched the girls so hubby & I could go out alone.
Anyway there was alot of teenagers there & a few older folks like us. The teenagers kept laughing & playing w/their cell phones when they should had been off as the signs say posted in the theater. Through the whole movie they were whispering,laughing & just being very rude.
Finally A few of us started telling then to shhhhhhhhhh but then someone yelled for them to shutup......LOL!
They still kept it up. I cant believe the way these teenagers were acting. I went to the movies alot as a teenager & I was never that rude.

But,I still had a great Birthday.

freeby4me
02-03-2007, 06:31 AM
Im sorry those idiots almost ruined everything for you. Did dinner turn out OK for you??

tngirl
02-03-2007, 06:33 AM
That is one of the reasons that I don't go to the movies anymore.

Pepsi4me
02-03-2007, 06:42 AM
Yes,dinner was great. We went to Applebees & they were very busy so it took a little longer to get our food but it was still great. I had a Mucho Strawberry daqari while waiting. :D

buttrfli
02-03-2007, 06:46 AM
I would have got a manager and asked for the to remove the kids. If they didn't, then I would have gotten my money back.

gonnascream
02-03-2007, 07:34 AM
this is the reason I got my new tv. Just wait till it comes out on dvd, watch it in peace, can pause it when I have to pee, and the popcorn is cheaper and unlimited;)

hblueeyes
02-03-2007, 08:43 AM
Next B'day have Auntie take the kids out and you and hubby stay home to nice take out or if he can cook he can make you a nice dinner and pop in a video and snuggle. Much easier and more relaxing than the theatre with a bunhc of rude, ill mannered teens.

Me:p

Pepsi4me
02-03-2007, 09:31 AM
Yes,Hubby is the chef in the family.....LOL! Everyone says we should open a resturant.

Tasha405
02-03-2007, 09:33 AM
I would have got a manager and asked for the to remove the kids. If they didn't, then I would have gotten my money back.

That's what I would've done too!

Glad you still had a good birthday though! :)

justme23
02-03-2007, 12:42 PM
We go to a dinner theatre when we go to the movies... I can handle the talking, you have to expect it cause of everyone ordering meals and drinks... what I find disgusting is when ppl come in, take their shoes off and put their stank ass feet up on the tables ppl eat on. Ugh... Hope you got to enjoy your birthday otherwise!

froggman
02-03-2007, 01:02 PM
Sorry to hear about that. It happened to me and a friend once but it was an a guy in his 40's that didn't turn his phone off. His phone rang once and he answered it and talked for about a minute. Then a few minutes later it rang again. I then yelled at him to turn it off and a few people around thanked me for saying something. He left the theatre before the movie was over.

I hope the next time you go to a movie you have a better experience.

ang in NC
02-03-2007, 06:15 PM
you should of went to the manager, always complain if things aren't right. Sorry about the movie.

killbarney
02-03-2007, 09:49 PM
Yep-I've done that. And once when the theater was so crowded I couldn't exactly tell the guy where it was by description I led him into the theater and right up to the kids. Manager kicked them out-not only for disturbing everybody but for sneaking in a BUNCH of food:p

tommyjo
02-04-2007, 01:00 AM
That is one of the reasons that I don't go to the movies anymore.

totally agree my patience has worked in that i wait for the dvd release, although gonna be a rough wait for the release of "because i said so"lol

Sweetberries
02-04-2007, 02:01 PM
I would have got a manager and asked for the to remove the kids. If they didn't, then I would have gotten my money backI agree or I would have had the manager give me some free movie tickets for the next time

earnhardt1
02-05-2007, 06:40 AM
our theater rule is if unhappy about anything they give money back

YankeeMary
02-05-2007, 06:47 AM
Well at this point going to the manager is not going to do any good, unless you write a letter saying dh & I went to the movies on whatever date and we were disappointed that the teenagers were loud, etc, and we didn't enjoy the movie at all, etc. Maybe you could say something like, I am surprised that you would allow this type of behavior in your theaters yadda yadda yadda. He might just mail you a gc or something. Most important maybe he will send you an apology letter.