PDA

View Full Version : We are going to a SuperBowl party...

YankeeMary
02-01-2007, 11:45 PM
Sunday. It is at my dh's friends house. He has worked with this guy for years. I think we should take something, dh said no, since his friend said to bring our appetites. Let me start by saying that dh and I do not drink, never ever. But I love to buy wine...lol...silly I know. Anyways, is it appropriate to take a bottle of wine to a SuperBowl party. I know there will be beer there, but I was thinking the wives would like wine better? LOL. Ok to be honest even if everyone says its wrong, I will still probably take the wine, I made a special trip to town and bought just a great wine bottle gift bag...lol...and I so want to use it. So what do you all think really? Is wine to classy (as my oldest son said) for a party of this type?

I didn't mean to post this in the vent and wine lol...I know its whine...

evrita
02-01-2007, 11:57 PM
I would say bring the wine. Why not there might be a few wives there who would enjoy it. Your braver then I am we were invited to a superbowl party but I am staying home and being a scrooge. It is my long weekend and I dont feel like going :P

hblueeyes
02-02-2007, 02:36 AM
Believe it or not bringing a bottle of wine will be appreciated by the hostess. Plus it is good manners and etiquette. Have fun.

GO BEARS!

Me:p

tsquared
02-02-2007, 04:19 AM
Go to the party and drop off the wine here and ill enjoy it for you......
Take the wine go and have fun.............

nightrider127
02-02-2007, 05:02 AM
Take the wine. A lot of women don't like beer, I know I never did. But I have been known to enjoy a glass of wine or a mixed drink.

freeby4me
02-02-2007, 05:07 AM
I say take it! Why not? You're not snubbing the host's choice in beverage or anything. Just dont be offended if its not opened!

MistyWolf
02-02-2007, 05:09 AM
Bring the wine .. the ladies will love you for it! .. Hey if you ever come to my house, bring the vodka .. lol ;)

hblueeyes
02-02-2007, 05:28 AM
I am a Southern Comfort gal myself.

Willow
02-02-2007, 05:50 AM
That's a nice gesture Mary and knowing you it probably isn't cheap wine. LOL We are watching the game at Kevin's because his tv is bigger. :D

buttrfli
02-02-2007, 06:35 AM
I think you should take it.... if they don't want it, Katt will take it off your hands :D

earnhardt1
02-02-2007, 07:26 AM
captain here please lol
i think its a great idea i hated beer when we USE to go to parties at friends houses..

YankeeMary
02-02-2007, 08:10 AM
You all are great. I am glad to have this support. I just didn't want to be "dressed" formal for a casual party, hope that makes sense. I am just so thrilled the bag is the bomb...haha. Thanks so much everyone.

Taking liqour orders and addresses....

MistyWolf
02-02-2007, 10:16 AM
How come your post is under vent/whine .. is it from all this wine talk .. lmao!

YankeeMary
02-02-2007, 10:29 AM
How come your post is under vent/whine .. is it from all this wine talk .. lmao!

lol...its because well, I have no excuse...

redrig
02-02-2007, 11:00 AM
I am a Southern Comfort gal myself.

Me too, the 100 proof. Straight up with a water chaser:eek:

MistyWolf
02-02-2007, 11:06 AM
lol...its because well, I have no excuse...

Are you sure you weren't drinking that wine and hit the wrong forum ;) .. lol!!

YankeeMary
02-02-2007, 01:35 PM
Are you sure you weren't drinking that wine and hit the wrong forum ;) .. lol!!

I am not sure if it was the wine or the hosea quervo :eek:

hotwheelstx
02-02-2007, 03:10 PM
I see nothing wrong in taking a bottle of wine. Besides, aren't you supposed to bring a "hostess gift" to such things?

JMO-I would take a bottle if you wish. Even if you don't drink any of it..it's the thought that counts and I'm sure there will be other women there that will appriciate the thought. I don't know many women that drink beer myself, though. So, bringing a bottle of wine would be just fine with me.

Have a wonderful time......:cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:

SLance68
02-02-2007, 03:52 PM
I am not sure if it was the wine or the hosea quervo :eek:

Well we can tell you don't drink tequilia either (Jose Quervo maybe). Take the wine - I know at parties in the past we have taken the wine and made wine spritzers or wine coolers and they went over better than the Budweiser.

YankeeMary
02-02-2007, 08:16 PM
Well we can tell you don't drink tequilia either (Jose Quervo maybe). Take the wine - I know at parties in the past we have taken the wine and made wine spritzers or wine coolers and they went over better than the Budweiser.

Maybe I am just a bad spelling drunk...lol.