PDA

View Full Version : Completely Bummed Out About Guiding Light.....

MOM2B2003
01-31-2007, 10:28 PM
I am completely bummed out about Guiding Light right now!!! I am in total shock that Tammy died last week, and now today Jonathon drove off a cliff with Sarah in the car with him and the car burst into flames!

I know this is just a show, but I am a diehard GL fan, and I cannot believe the storyline is going this route.

Please tell me there are other diehard fans here who are feeling the loss.

msginna
01-31-2007, 11:39 PM
I was wondering if sarah wasn't in the car and was somewhere safe...just a thought. I tivod it tonight and was amazed that they were getting rid of two wonderful characters. I think Jonathen should be put up for some award for his acting when tammy died. He had such WOW to him. I am really bummed out about his leaving. Maybe we will see him in another role? He has such talent, it shouldn't go to waist.

MOM2B2003
02-01-2007, 05:53 AM
ITA with everything you said, msginna. Jonathon is an amazing actor, and he was so great with his role when Tammy died. So great, that you could FEEL it, too! And I am also shocked that they let two great actors/roles go. I do know that both of their contracts were up, and Tammy did not want to renew. She wanted to move on to see what else is out there for her. And, let's face it, what would Jonathon be without Tammy? You have to completely ignore the fact that they were cousins because they just belonged together.

As for Sarah, I do not think she was in any "safe place". I think she was in the car with Jonathon because previews from the next show have clips of Reva saying that both Jonathon and Sarah are now dead, too. It also has Frank saying that no "bodies" (plural) were found at the scene. Which.....that leaves it completely open that Jonathon staged it, is still alive with Sarah somewhere, and just skipped town to protect his daughter. It leaves the possibility open for him to come back someday or for Sarah to "show up" someday all grown up.

*Sigh*....but for now, I think we are without all of them.

DAVESBABYDOLL
02-01-2007, 08:15 AM
ok,ok..I haven't been able to watch this in a while. How did Tammy die? And who's Sarah?

Blondiex46
02-01-2007, 10:14 AM
they both wanted off the show so the contracts are up and they are both gone

MOM2B2003
02-01-2007, 10:22 AM
Hmmm.....where to start......Sarah is Jonathon's daughter that he had with Lizzie as the result of a one-night stand when he and Tammy broke up for a while. Then to try to keep Alan and the Spauldings from the baby, Jonathon and Lizzie got married, but it wasn't real. Well, Lizzie being Lizzie, fell in love with Jonathon and tried to make it real. But Jonathon and Tammy couldn't fight their feelings for each other, and Jonathon left Lizzie to get back with Tammy. Lizzie then left Sarah in the car when she went into the church to pray and talk to Father Ray, and some kid stole the car with Sarah in it. Therefore, Jonathon was awarded full temporary custody of Sarah. Tammy and Jonathon decided they should wait no longer and got married just a couple days after his marriage with Lizzie was annulled. Alan was mad about Jonathon having custody and hired a hitman ("G", aka Gillespie) to kill Jonathon. The plan was for him to hit Jonathon with his car and kill him. Tammy overheard "G" on the phone with Alan and figured out what was about to go down so she went to where Jonathon was to save him. At the last minute, she pushed him out of the way and she was hit instead. She ended up dying later in the hospital of her injuries. Jonathon figured out at the funeral yesterday that Alan was going to fight him until the end for Sarah. I think that was when he decided that the only way to keep Alan from Sarah was for him and Sarah to join Tammy....in heaven. The show ended with him driving the car with him and Sarah in it over a cliff and bursting into flames.

If there is anything else you need to know, I am a DIEHARD fan of the show, and barely miss a minute of it. Plus, I love talking about it if you can't tell!

msginna
02-01-2007, 02:22 PM
WOOOHOOOOOO jonathen and the baby are ALIVE... but they are moving away where no one could find them :( so it is cool that he is still alive, but I am sure he will vanish never to be watched again,

DAVESBABYDOLL
02-01-2007, 02:33 PM
ok..lol

what are these ones up to?

Josh
Reva
Cassie
Billy
Beth
Phillip -he still around?
Harley and her hubby

So does Alan know it's his fault or does he even care?

msginna
02-01-2007, 02:38 PM
josh is with cassie
reva is jonathens long lost mother, had cancer, went into remission
billy was with reva for a while.. now he is with a young thing
beth is with alan
phillip I think is dead
harley is with hubby and her daughter is back... who happened to be in the car that killed TAmmy

I think I got it right lol

DAVESBABYDOLL
02-01-2007, 02:52 PM
So do Reva and Cassie talk, I know they were close at one time

I knew reva was Jonathons mom and had cancer..she pushed Josh away because of it,didn't she?

why did Billy and Reva split, or was hje just her friend while she was going through the cancer.

wubbywa
02-01-2007, 05:33 PM
I loved GL in the 80's when Beth, Phillip, brown curly haired guy and another girl ran away to I believe New York and there was the "magical" guy Santa or something like that.
Harley had a daughter back then too but cant remember with who.

MOM2B2003
02-01-2007, 05:35 PM
First, Philip is not dead. He is alive. He is just nutso (like the rest of the Spauldings, even though he, by blood, is not a Spaulding) and is sent away somewhere isolated from everyone else.

Yes, Alan knows it was his fault. But as usual, he is trying to cover his ass and come out smelling like a rose. Hopefully it will not work this time.

Reva and Cassie talk, although their relationship had been strained for quite a while lately due to the fact that Cassie is with Josh now even though Reva still loves him. Yes, she pushed him away because she didn't want him to put his hospital project on hold to deal with her cancer. That is what pushed Cassie & Josh together. Josh & Reva kissed right before the whole thing with Tammy happened, so they got diverted for a while.

Billy & Reva split because Billy realized that no matter what Reva would never truly love him the way she loves Josh.

Now....I did not see today's show as of yet, but from the post above it sounds like Jonathon and Sarah aren't actually dead??? That is awesome!! That means that about 2 years from now this girl about 16-18 years old will come trouncing back to Springfield claiming she is Sarah Randall!! LOL!

MOM2B2003
02-01-2007, 05:40 PM
I loved GL in the 80's when Beth, Phillip, brown curly haired guy and another girl ran away to I believe New York and there was the "magical" guy Santa or something like that.
Harley had a daughter back then too but cant remember with who.

The brown curly haird guy was Rick Bauer, and he is still on the show. In fact he and Beth (Raines) Spaulding had been having an affair just a short time ago. I actually met Rick in person about 20 years ago!

As for Harley and the daughter she had back then, it is the same daughter she has now. She was born "Daisy" but then was adopted and her name was changed to Susan Lemay. Her adopted parents are both dead now, and she is back with Harley and Gus. She is trying to make the transition back to being called Daisy. Oh, and of course she is all grown up now! Plus she is a druggie it appears, and yes, she was stoned in the car with "G" when he hit Tammy. Gus found her before anyone else did and he is trying to cover for her to keep her out of trouble and to keep Harley from finding out.

nanajoanie
02-01-2007, 06:05 PM
That was really emotional when Jonathan and Reva finally said goodbye while he got as far away from Alan as he could. But yes I'm sure Sarah will come back in a few years all grown up.

I can hardly wait till they bring Phillip back and hope it's still Grant Alexander. He and his brother Alan Michael need to team up against their Dad Alan.

MOM2B2003
02-01-2007, 08:24 PM
That was really emotional when Jonathan and Reva finally said goodbye while he got as far away from Alan as he could. But yes I'm sure Sarah will come back in a few years all grown up.

Yes, that was intense. The whole show has been so intense for me this past week. I have felt like bawling my eyes out several times. Jonathon (Tom Pelphrey) is truly exceptional as an actor. I really hope he goes on to do other work that shows his talent as well as this role did.

I can hardly wait till they bring Phillip back and hope it's still Grant Alexander. He and his brother Alan Michael need to team up against their Dad Alan.

I was never a big Phillip fan....not sure why. But yes, I would love to see Alan Michael and Phillip team up against Alan. I am not quite sure Alan Michael would be willing to join forces with Phillip, though. There is a deep-rooted jealousy there.

And one question.....where is Alexandra in all of this mess? I mean, supposedly she is around, but yet you don't see her at a time like this???