PDA

View Full Version : MythBusters?

freeby4me
01-27-2007, 03:42 AM
I was just wondering if anyone here watches MythBusters? I've been over on their site at Discovery.com and I cant get anything to work on the site. Not the Bio's or anything. Im trying to click on that thing that says send us your ideas because I have an idea for a Myth that Tori, Kari and Grant would be perfect for! If anyone has an idea on what I can do or any comments on the show, post them here!!

tngirl
01-30-2007, 08:14 AM
Those guys just have too much fun at their work...lol. I just went to the website and didn't have any problems with any of the links. I even played a puzzle and did a couple of quizzes.

freeby4me
01-30-2007, 08:36 AM
OK Thanx, I just ran all my computer "bug" programs so i'll head back over there and see if I can do anything!
OK I just went over there and now everything works! Guess I did something and hadnt realized it! Thanx again!

ladybugva
01-31-2007, 08:02 PM
Oh I LOVE that show!!! It looks like they have so much fun, wonder how much of the "wait and see" time they have while they are trying to make stuff work?

Jolie Rouge
09-06-2014, 08:59 AM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Bvm6ORZIcAQr2YY.jpg:large

Kari Byron, Tory Belleci, and Grant Imahara are leaving 'MythBusters' (Updated)
By Samantha Highfill on Aug 22, 2014 at 10:12AM

At the end of last night’s episode of MythBusters, Adam Savage and Jamie Hyneman announced that Kari Byron, Tory Belleci, and Grant Imahara were leaving the show. In the aftermath of the announcement, all involved took to Twitter to say their goodbyes; Byron also announced that the “show is taking a new direction.”

Tory Belleci ✔ @ToryBelleci

It's been an amazing ride for 10 years!
We couldn't have done it without you guys.
You're the best fans anyone could wish for. Thank you

10:37 PM - 21 Aug 2014

Kari Byron ✔ @KariByron

After a decade of the Mythbusters, we are no longer with the show.
Thank you to all the fans who have supported us

The show is taking a new direction. It was an amazing run.
I learned so much about myself and the world.

I love you all

9:01 PM - 21 Aug 2014

Grant Imahara ✔ @grantimahara

Thanks @MythBusters for allowing us to teach science in a whole new way.
Also, explosions.

Now, on to the next adventure!

9:06 PM - 21 Aug 2014

Update: Discovery has released the following statement: “Kari, Tory and Grant have been an incredibly important part of MythBusters for over a decade. From explosions to car crashes to even more explosions, this trio has helped shape MythBusters into the Emmy-nominated series it is today. Everyone at Discovery wants to thank them for their tireless work busting almost 1000 myths, and we wish them all the best on their future endeavors.”

http://insidetv.ew.com/2014/08/22/kari-byron-tory-belleci-grant-imahara-mythbusters/

'Mythbusters': Discovery responds to fan outrage over dumping Kari Byron
By James Hibberd on Sep 5, 2014 at 7:14PM

Mythbusters fans have been rather upset by the last month’s axing of three cast members, and one departure in particular has sparked a popular campaign to re-instate the performer on the show. A petition focused on supporting the re-hiring of Kari Byron in particular has garnered more than 32,000 online signatures.

“This is a huge step backward for Discovery — as the main female Mythbuster, Kari inspired a generation of girls and showed them that they, too, had a place in the traditionally male-dominated world of science,” read the petition.

The 11-year-old cable hit recently announced that long-time veterans of the show Byron, Tory Belleci, and Grant Imahara were all leaving the series as part of a creative shake-up. “While Adam [Savage] and Jamie [Hyneman] are amazing educators in their own right, Kari was what drew me and so many others to the show, year after year,” the petition continued. It’s also disappointing to see Grant, the sole person of color on the show, dropped as well.”

Networks often choose to ignore fan petitions, but Discovery Channel sought to reassure Byron supporters: “We are all big fans of Kari — as well as Tory and Grant — and are looking for other projects where we can work with them.”

http://insidetv.ew.com/2014/09/05/mythbusters-kari-byron/

Jus for the fun of it ....
http://img.ifcdn.com/images/f1d2cf5640ab46f4d5f74ba93f79dde13e1673d51abbf1e226 7034954815fced_1.gif

See also http://www.bigbigforums.com/thats-entertainment/657381-mythbusters-cannonball-misfire-tears-through-family-s-home.html

Jolie Rouge
10-21-2015, 03:44 PM
Mythbusters Is Ending, Get The Details

By Jessica Rawden 3 hours ago discussion

For years, Discovery’s Mythbusters has been a mainstay on the channel. The show has been on the air since 2003 and has produced 248 episodes and featured 2,950 experiments during its time on the air. Unfortunately, this week, Discovery made the announcement that Mythbusters is gearing up to end its long and illustrious run. It’s a day I hadn’t even considered might be coming.

Sure, Mythbusters has gone through some changes over the years. Most notoriously, fans were not happy back in 2014 when over Kari Byron, Tory Belleci and Grant Imahara--over half of the team--were fired, with reports later indicating that money was a major factor. Despite the unpopular changes, the show is such a mainstay on Discovery that it didn’t seem as if Mythbusters would be going anywhere, anytime soon. Unfortunately, all good things must come to an end and Discovery’s notice says Mythbusters will be ending sooner rather than later. Still, the show isn’t over, yet. Mythbusters is getting one more season, which will hit the schedule on January 9, 2016 on Discovery.

The announcement doesn’t say whether the decision was Jamie Hyneman and Adam Savage’s choice, and because the network didn’t note it was the men’s choice, I’m guessing Discovery made the call. Still, we’ll be getting a few more episodes with the team, and the network says those final few episodes will tackle some wild experiments, including plenty of explosions. (and maybe even some ideas on the guys' wish lists?) The press release gives us a hint about the big finale, as well:

They’ll tackle some of the biggest myths they’ve ever tested from classic categories that made the show part of our cultural lexicon: car stunts, social science, viral videos, explosions (of course!), and rockets. To top it off, they’ve figured out the ultimate way to go out with a bang.

If you’ve been keeping up with Mythbusters, you may already know that recent episodes have been even more pop-culture oriented, with the show famously tackling topics like Stars Wars, Indiana Jones and Breaking Bad this past season. The show’s always had a little pop culture flair, but that hasn’t really helped the program to be a huge ratings bringer at the network. Ratings typically decline with age and Mythbusters is more than a decade old at this point. Maybe it's time for Hyneman and Savage to apply their talents elsewhere, but they'll certainly be missed.

On the bright side, Discovery says that all of the episodes of Mythbusters will be shifting over to the Science Channel, where they will air in reruns. That will begin with an epic marathon starting on Wednesday, December 23rd at midnight and ending on Sunday, January 3rd at 8 p.m. ET. The episode will even air in chronological order, which is pretty sweet. Soon after the marathon, the show will return to Discovery for its final season. It's going to be bittersweet, but should be a good sendoff, as well.

http://www.cinemablend.com/television/Mythbusters-Ending-Get-Details-93717.html

Mythbusters will end after its 14th season next year
By Kwame Opam
on October 21, 2015 04:39 pm

Mythbusters is coming to an end. In a pair of interviews with Entertainment Weekly, hosts Adam Savage and Jamie Hyneman confirmed that they're finally closing up shop after 13 years of experiments and explosions.

"Three or four years ago we started wondering more if we were going to be renewed," Savage told EW, explaining that long-running shows like theirs tend to have "freshness dates." Getting a final season, he says, lets the pair send the show off right. "We’ve been filming the last season this year and we get to send it off. We get to pay homage to this thing that’s changed our lives."

Savage and Hyneman learned earlier this year that they'd be getting one more season, so they've spent the past several months working on new segments. The focus will apparently be on looking back on the show's best experiments. "There’s an emphasis on looking back," said Hyneman, "we could do a PhD dissertation on the things we’re tackling. We’ve tried to go as deeply as possible into the things we’re doing, and gave them the respect and care they deserve."

Mythbusters premiered back in 2003 on the Discovery Channel, and quickly became a pop cultural phenomenon. During the course of the show's run, Savage, Hyneman, and their fellow co-stars got to prove and disprove a number of "myths," including whether or not it's possible to escape a prison with a rope made of toilet paper (it is!), and if it's possible to cool the heat from a spicy pepper with petroleum jelly (it isn't!). The show will be missed.

http://www.theverge.com/2015/10/21/9586804/mythbusters-final-season-adam-savage-jamie-hyneman