PDA

View Full Version : Could I get a few more prayers/good thoughts for my sister?

sandooch
01-24-2007, 11:52 AM
Some of you may remember that I posted a thread a couple weeks ago asking for prayers/good thoughts for my sister, Elizabeth, who just announced she was pregnant. She is 41 years old and had miscarried 6 months ago and several years before that.

Well, last week she started to spot, not a lot, but any spotting while pregnant terrifies you, especially after you've already been through 2 misscarriages. She went home to rest and the spotting stopped. The next day she went to see her doctor and he did a vaginal ultrasound. Being that she was only at 5 1/2 weeks, the doctor only saw the sac, no fetal pole or heartbeat yet. He told her that it was still early in her pregnancy to see anything and to come back in a week for another ultrasound. He also had her do 2 blood tests, 2 days apart to make sure her HCG levels were still doubling (thank God they did).

Today is the day she will get another ultrasound done, so we are praying to see the baby and to hear the heartbeat. Please, could you keep her in your prayers/thoughts? I will let you know what happened with this ultrasound as soon as she lets me know.

Thank you! (((HUGS)))

Edited to add:

Meet my little 8-week-3-day old nephew or niece!!! I went with my sister to get her ultrasound done today. The bleeding has completely stopped (the doctor finally put her on bed rest for 3 weeks), and we got to see and hear the heart beat, which was at 167 beats per minute. The baby was the size of an 8 week and 6 day old so everything looks great. Thank you all again for your prayers. I wanted you all to see how they have helped my sister's little baby grow big and strong.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v491/sandooch/mexicanbean8w3d.jpg

I know it's hard to make heads or tails of this image (pun intended), but the head is at the bottom of the picture. The head is extremely large at this point, larger than the body. If you look close, you can also see the little hand right above the head.

My heart just melted when we got to see the heart beating! :D

june72
01-24-2007, 12:00 PM
Many prayers and remember nothing is impossible for God! Keep us updated!

sandooch
01-24-2007, 01:14 PM
Thank you, June! :)

teenies*mom
01-24-2007, 02:28 PM
your sister is my thoughts and prayers - I wish her good luck

Fred12
01-24-2007, 02:47 PM
Your sister is in my prayers.

sandooch
01-24-2007, 04:50 PM
Thank you very much. She should be there right now. I wish I could have gone with her, but I had to pick up my girls from school. I hope to hear from her within the hour.

heartlvrs
01-24-2007, 05:53 PM
Anytime:)

sandooch
01-24-2007, 07:29 PM
She just called me. The doctor checked her out and told her that he didn't like that she was still bleeding, so he told her she had to go to the hospital across the street and get an ultrasound done there. She did and the doctor there said that everything looked good, and they could hear the heartbeat! Yay!!! She did have more blood work done today and will have to go back in 2 more days to have it done again to make certain that the HCG levels are still doubling.

She's not out of the woods yet, but that was sure good news to hear the heartbeat today.

Thank you all once again for your prayers! :)

heartlvrs
01-24-2007, 07:37 PM
praise God!

BeanieLuvR
01-24-2007, 10:49 PM
Will keep her in my prayers. Did her doctor suggest bed rest? I had spotting in my first trimester when I was pregnant and had to go to bed for a month. I really wish the best for her.

sandooch
01-25-2007, 08:33 AM
Will keep her in my prayers. Did her doctor suggest bed rest? I had spotting in my first trimester when I was pregnant and had to go to bed for a month. I really wish the best for her.

No, he didn't suggest bed rest. We were all hoping that he would. Her job is pretty stressful right now, and I'm sure that's not helping matters.

I really do appreciate all the prayers everyone!

sandooch
02-07-2007, 05:59 PM
Bumping to the top!

BeanieLuvR
02-17-2007, 10:48 PM
I am so thankful that they are doing good. I will continue to pray for them. Thanks for the update. :)

sandooch
02-20-2007, 11:09 AM
Thank you, BeanieLuvR! She is still doing well and is at 10 weeks 2 days. She just started back at work today and is happy to get out of the house again. :)

WinterStorm
02-20-2007, 12:52 PM
I will keep your sister and her baby in my prayers

kybeauty
02-20-2007, 01:22 PM
I would like to add my prayers for your sister and her baby!

sandooch
02-22-2007, 06:40 PM
Thanks you both so much. Every prayer counts! :)