PDA

View Full Version : Stress......This sucks!

ladyfoob
01-24-2007, 08:08 AM
HI E1,

I need to get this out! I can't take anymore stress anymore. I am dealing with the stress of my brother dealing with his herion addiction and my uncle that is dying from lung cancer in both lungs. Last time I heard on my uncle he has only about 2mths left. Then, I get a call last night from Brunswick,Ga police officer. He was informing me that my dad was hit by a car while crossing the street. He has a head injury broken leg and banged up! I am not sure if all you know but I have mental illness. Its schiztoaffective. That illness is basicly boiled down to this. I have mood, thought and seeing and hearing things that isn't there. The thought problem with me causes delusions. My moods are all over the place. I am even in physical pain. Its my upper stomach right in the middle of my ribs. My whole life everyone always said that Crystal is strong she can handle anything. Well, I have been holding in so many things that has happen to me and SUCKING IT UP! Now, it all is coming to surface. I don't know what to do. All I know is I take anymore!:mad:

Pepsi4me
01-24-2007, 10:55 AM
Im so sorry you are going through alll of this.

Do you take medication for your illness? Go see the dr & let them know whats going on.

I know at times we all have alot to handle & I know it definitely helps me when I post about it here.

Take care!

Katt
01-24-2007, 12:51 PM
Whatever you do, don't skip any of your med times. You might talk to your doc and tell him about the added stresses right now. He might adjust your dosage.

MistyWolf
01-24-2007, 04:54 PM
No real advice but hope things get better (((Ladyfoob))).

tnfuhs
01-24-2007, 05:20 PM
No real advice here either, except we are all here for you. This is the best place to let it all out, so we can be here to give you lots of hugs.

ladyfoob
01-25-2007, 08:33 AM
Hi E1
I do take meds for my illness. I take Lithuim and Seroquel. I did call my doctor yesterday and I see him Friday. He wanted me to take my Seroquel 3 times a day instead of all of it at once at bedtime. I feel little better. I guess what I need to do is just let nature take its corse. I can't change people they need to change this selfs. I can't change what has happen to all of them. I just need to learn how to except things. Yes, it is hard! But with my faith in God I can get through this. I was able to speak to my dad yesterday. He is pretty dope up. They have him on Morphine Drip. He is going into surgery some time today for his broken leg. That helped able to speak to him and knowing that he is going to be ok. :)

babiedoll
01-25-2007, 09:34 AM
(((hugs))) Ladyfoob... I pray that you can feel the love of God surrounding you helping you accieve that strength (that I think you have inside you and you don't even realize it) and a feeling of the warmth of love like a warm hug that gives you a feeling of safety and peace around you.

Sorry I don't mean to sound overly relgious or push it on anyone... but I suffer from terrible chronic pain all the time and during the rough bouts, when my doctors won't help with anything for the bleed through pain (whatever they call it when my pain meds aren't enough) I try in ask God to hold me in his arms through the despreate times. Mind you my husband isn't a big hugger- holder etc... and as my signature says, I am a hugaholic... I need more sensitivity and caring in my life then I seem to get... so God helps me get through.

Enough about that... I just wish and pray for the best for you Ladyfoob... you are in my thoughts and prayers.
(((Ladyfoob)))

ladyfoob
01-25-2007, 10:02 AM
(((hugs))) Ladyfoob... I pray that you can feel the love of God surrounding you helping you accieve that strength (that I think you have inside you and you don't even realize it) and a feeling of the warmth of love like a warm hug that gives you a feeling of safety and peace around you.

Sorry I don't mean to sound overly relgious or push it on anyone... but I suffer from terrible chronic pain all the time and during the rough bouts, when my doctors won't help with anything for the bleed through pain (whatever they call it when my pain meds aren't enough) I try in ask God to hold me in his arms through the despreate times. Mind you my husband isn't a big hugger- holder etc... and as my signature says, I am a hugaholic... I need more sensitivity and caring in my life then I seem to get... so God helps me get through.

Enough about that... I just wish and pray for the best for you Ladyfoob... you are in my thoughts and prayers.
(((Ladyfoob)))

Yes, I am a real strong beliver in God. You don't sound overly relgious to me at all. I am going to reply to you in this message for the both of them. See my whole life I have always proctected my family and stood up for them. I guess for some reason I feel the need to help them in any way. I seem to not realize that I need help either! I am just to busy helping them. So many thing has happen to me in my life but, I just block it out of my head. I am really good at doing that. My doctor has told me that I have Dissositve behaivor. I do some things where I don't remember doing. Its strange. One time one of my ex-boyfriends came up to me. I swear this to you. When I saw him, I didn't even know who he was. I told him that was the first time I ever saw him in my life. He told me he was another person and I belived him. That is another factor in Dissositve. I relized it in Feb. 2006 and that happen Feb 1999. That how my mind deals with problems its just blocks out! My husband doesn't understand me! I really don't have anyone that understands. I use to see a therpist but, got scared after I started to get close to her and I stop going. I am always wanting HUGS my self! My husband isn't to much up on that either. Well, Sry so long! God Bless You!

babiedoll
01-25-2007, 12:17 PM
don't worry about the length of you message...the length was just right! Yes, it is because I too take care of others (maybe because I am the oldest Girl in a family of eight and partly because that is the way I was raised) the problem is that in the mean time while I take care of others, I forget about me and end up in terrible chronic pain as a result or neglect my home (which is already a mess with my chronic pain) or my husband and pets... a vicious cycle. I guess my advice is, "do what I say, not as I do." I would love to have someone remind me every now and then not to jepordize my health by doing things for others that I cannot even do for myself etc...
Question, is there someone that would do for you what you are doing for others? I just had that thought occur to me... I don't think that I have one person that would do for me all that I've done for others... it's kinda sad that I don't have those kind of friends/family in my life, but it's a problem with a disability to get to know the "right" kind of people, I seem to find those in "need" all the time and "take care" of them. *shrug*

Take care of yourself...

ladyfoob
01-26-2007, 09:26 AM
I never asked my self that question before. My dad would do anything he can for me. I am very close with him. After his accident I just got really scraed that I was getting close to loosing my dad(my best friend the only person to understand me and the person that I can talk to about anything) In away i think I am just afraid of loosing the only person to ever understood me. But, I have spoke to him and he still is in pain but he is getting better and he will survie. I feel so much better! I am going to see my psych doctor today. I am going to let him know how much my nerves are all out of wack hopefully he can help me with that.:)