PDA

View Full Version : American Idol.......Are The Judges To Mean To The Contestants??

tsquared
01-20-2007, 05:53 PM
Just had a piece on inside edition about this and wondering what ya all think>

nanajoanie
01-20-2007, 05:56 PM
They aren' mean. Just telling it like it is and being silly for the cameras. Some of the folks on that show couldn't sing on a deserted island all alone. The fish would even swim away. They have no talent of any kind except walking. That's why they have reruns of the misfits, so funny. Everyone thinks they are going to be a star.:rolleyes:

The judges have to go thru hundreds to finally whittle it down to the final 10 contestants.

SLance68
01-21-2007, 08:19 AM
The problem isn't the judges being mean it is the family & friends of the contestants that have been lying to them all their life.

buttrfli
01-21-2007, 09:21 AM
I really believe that a lot of those people (like a "bush baby" guy) were set up to be made fun of. It wouldn't surprise me if they were paid to go on there. There are two main parts of the show...

The auditions where they show people being "abused" by the judges (which is why I watch lol) and then the main competition part where people start voting.

I rarely watch past the auditions :D

A lot of people know they can't sing, but just want to be able to say they were on AI.

JerseyMook
01-21-2007, 12:41 PM
If they weren't mean they would lose a good chunk of their audience. A lot of viewers tune in just to see how nasty Simon will be or how stoned Paula will be or how much in-fighting will occur between the judges. The talent is a by product of the show and doesn't really get interesting until the last 5 or 6 contestants.

It's all "Hollywood Hype"

Shancopp
01-21-2007, 09:48 PM
OH Cripes......it's not like this show hasn't been on for 5 previous seasons and everyone person that goes there KNOWS if they suck, they'll be told they suck! Boohoo. If you can't take some criticism, then you shouldn't be show business.

Blondiex46
01-22-2007, 07:14 AM
I agree with Rosie. I won't watch the show until it gets down to the final something. Never have in all the years. Can't stand watching them making fun of people. I don't care if people have watched the show before and they "should know". It is not reasonable to think that they should expect to be made fun of, it is all about the ratings. Some of them truly believe they can sing. I am just surprised that it has taken this long for people to speak out about it.

TxGreek
01-22-2007, 07:23 AM
I don't think they're too mean. It's something they'll have to get used to in that type of business. I can't tell you how many times I've heard a model or celebrity say that when they tried to start working they were told they weren't good enough and should find another occupation. Of course, they turned out to be great stars.

I wonder why some of the people audition. Do they really think they can sing? If they're truly that delusional, then maybe the criticism will slap them back into reality.

tngirl
01-22-2007, 07:33 AM
I actually think they have been nicer so far this year. As for the contestants, like they don't know what they are getting into.

Willow
01-22-2007, 07:36 AM
Some of the contestants have no talent. You would think they would realize that. Maybe they do and just want to get on tv. LOL

sandooch
01-22-2007, 01:40 PM
To me it seems that Randy has gotten a little meaner this year, Simon seems the same as usual, and Paula gets more and more loopy with each passing year.

What irks me about this show is that they get all the terrible singers, who they know won't go through, to sing the same song (this year it was a Prince song) so that the show can do a hilarious clip of all of them hacking up bits of it. They'll have the contestants sing this song before telling them they are horrible and not going to Hollywood, giving them a sense of hope that maybe the judges are asking them to sing it because they think they have a good voice. But, no, they are only making fools of these people to boost the show's ratings. It's sad really!