PDA

View Full Version : American Idol

LuvBigRip
01-16-2007, 01:44 PM
Are there any other junkies out there? I have been waiting for this for WEEKS!!!!!

nanajoanie
01-16-2007, 02:44 PM
It starts tonight. Let the nutcases come out of the shower and entertain us.:haha: :D

Tasha405
01-16-2007, 04:34 PM
I'll be watching too! :D

teenies*mom
01-16-2007, 05:12 PM
counting down the minutes now till it comes on - LOL

DBackFan
01-16-2007, 05:17 PM
I too have been anxiously waiting....its my favorite show I think. My nephew is supposed to be included from the "horrid Seattle auditions"..lol He can't tell us how he did but he says to be sure and watch!

Shancopp
01-16-2007, 05:37 PM
WOOHOO!!!!!!!!!!!

Can't wait.......30 mins and counting!!!!!!

tracyb
01-16-2007, 06:04 PM
I cant find it......lol

FOUND IT...LOL

JKATHERINE
01-16-2007, 06:24 PM
YAY! I love AI, too!

Starr_79
01-16-2007, 06:40 PM
Yippie! I am so excited! There is nothing funnier! My mom has had this date written on her calendar for a few weeks now! LOL!

YankeeMary
01-16-2007, 06:56 PM
Watching now. I can't imagine anything that would keep me from watching it.

DBackFan
01-16-2007, 07:02 PM
West coast here so 2 more hours to wait...darn

tracyb
01-16-2007, 07:35 PM
Tami...you will have to let us know when he is on

LuvBigRip
01-16-2007, 08:09 PM
I cannot believe some of these people actually audition....:eek:

teenies*mom
01-17-2007, 03:27 AM
it was good - altho from the looks of it - looks like tonights (Wednesday) show will be **funnier**

JKATHERINE
01-17-2007, 06:04 AM
OMG I couldn't believe that girl went on there trying to sing like the Cowardly Lion! That was hilarious! I love the rejects. There is a reason some of us stick to singing in the shower. lol It's because although we love to sing (and I do), we sound TERRIBLE! lmao

ladyfoob
01-17-2007, 06:44 AM
I think its so funny how some of these ppl actully think they have a good singing voice and they totally SUCK!!! I feel bad for those Judges half to sit there and listen to those awful singers. But, there was a few that I saw was really good. I wonder who is going to make it past Hollywood?;)

tngirl
01-17-2007, 06:58 AM
My daughter had a couple of her friends that came down to Memphis to audition. They are both talented but did not even make it past the first phase of the audition. It kind of irks you in a way because they sent all of these crazies through but left out actual talent. I realize that since the crazies are part of the draw of the show they have to have so many of them, but, it makes you wonder how many out there were actually good and didn't make it.

ChristiNate
01-17-2007, 07:13 AM
Was I the only one that noticed that Paula was totally wasted?

nanajoanie
01-17-2007, 08:04 AM
OMG I couldn't believe that girl went on there trying to sing like the Cowardly Lion! That was hilarious! I love the rejects. There is a reason some of us stick to singing in the shower. lol It's because although we love to sing (and I do), we sound TERRIBLE! lmao

She was so funny....and also Uncle Sam that sang opera.....and the one boy that kept coming back and still sounded the same. Good grief. It's better than Sat. morning cartoons.:D

teenies*mom
01-17-2007, 08:15 AM
that girl that sang like the cowardly lion was hilarious.....now why would someone go on national TV and sing like that...did she actually think she was gonna get put through - LOL -
and how bout that kid with the juggling too....man was he mad when he came out swearing up a storm...

I love some of the faces that Simon makes tho when he is listening to these people...LOL

tngirl
01-17-2007, 08:42 AM
The funniest was when Randy went off on the singing instructor guy and Simon says to the guy "You going to take that?" and was getting onto Randy for being rude. That was hilarious.

teenies*mom
01-17-2007, 08:55 AM
The funniest was when Randy went off on the singing instructor guy and Simon says to the guy "You going to take that?" and was getting onto Randy for being rude. That was hilarious.

yeah - that was funny too - since Simon was "egging" it on -

LuvBigRip
01-17-2007, 09:03 AM
Was I the only one that noticed that Paula was totally wasted?

Paula is ALWAYS wasted.

DBackFan
01-17-2007, 04:35 PM
I am not sure WHAT to think of Paula...she might as well have not been there last night.

My nephew "should" be on tonight. His name is Jesse and he is a BIG guy and is gay. I saw a blip that looked like a guy in a blonde wig...might have been him...lmao He does theatrical singing and does drag a lot...I just know we will see him just not sure how he will look!

teenies*mom
01-17-2007, 05:26 PM
I am not sure WHAT to think of Paula...she might as well have not been there last night.

My nephew "should" be on tonight. His name is Jesse and he is a BIG guy and is gay. I saw a blip that looked like a guy in a blonde wig...might have been him...lmao He does theatrical singing and does drag a lot...I just know we will see him just not sure how he will look!

I was wondering which one was gonna be your nephew, but I will keep a look out for him tonight....

Surfergal
01-17-2007, 06:46 PM
Hard to believe these peope think they can sing - is it just a matter of time before someone commits suicide after being humiliated on this show?? Almost too cruel maybe??

Wonder what they think when they hear/see themselves on tv - do they still think they can sing or does it hit home?

MOM2B2003
01-17-2007, 10:18 PM
I am pretty convinced that the people who totally suck have to get paid. I mean, how else would they get SOOO much footage of those people doing stupid stuff? I know that there are actually some people out there who actually think they can sing when they really cannot, but the people that they are showing on there are just way too over-the-top. They have to be compensated somehow. Maybe they get paid to do more stupid stuff after the audition just "for show" to us, the audience.

Also, did anyone see the guy on tonight's show (Wednesday) who said that he auditioned twice before? What was the deal with that? The guy was GOOD! Makes you wonder.......

DBackFan
01-17-2007, 11:28 PM
ok my nephew had maybe a whole 5 seconds of fame...lol he was one of the ones in the clip at the end of the losers who all were singing the same song. he had like a maroon shirt on and jeans.

teenies*mom
01-18-2007, 02:49 AM
yeah - I remember seeing your nephew.....

and how bout the girl who thought she was a "blonde bombshell"
she had like whitish blonde hair with a silvery gold shirt - WITH NO BRA ON!!!
OMG - and she brought her mom in to and her mom looked just like her but with black hair.......that was way too funny.

tngirl
01-18-2007, 05:45 AM
Also, did anyone see the guy on tonight's show (Wednesday) who said that he auditioned twice before? What was the deal with that? The guy was GOOD! Makes you wonder.......

The biggest draw of the show is the "bad" people. That is why they let so many of them through. A lot of them just want to get on tv and that is why they do it. And yeah, that guy was good. It was probably a case like my daughter's friends that didn't even get past the first interview.

tngirl
01-18-2007, 05:51 AM
http://www.myspace.com/tonistaples

http://www.myspace.com/crystalyoakum

This the links to their MySpace and they both have some of their music on there.

dlwt
01-18-2007, 06:43 AM
Hard to believe these peope think they can sing - is it just a matter of time before someone commits suicide after being humiliated on this show?? Almost too cruel maybe??

Wonder what they think when they hear/see themselves on tv - do they still think they can sing or does it hit home?

If people hope to get a real career inthe busines they gotta know there will be more no's than yes's however sometimes they canbe very cruel to people

LuvBigRip
01-18-2007, 10:10 AM
yeah - I remember seeing your nephew.....

and how bout the girl who thought she was a "blonde bombshell"
she had like whitish blonde hair with a silvery gold shirt - WITH NO BRA ON!!!
OMG - and she brought her mom in to and her mom looked just like her but with black hair.......that was way too funny.

Ok, Monkey boy last night was freaky. And how about the guy that sang unchained melody? What about Darwin???? What did she evolve from???

Fashion tip of the day for Darwin. 1.) Better support bra. 2.) Only the truly tiny should EVER wear satin, if you have lumps and bumps at all, satin is NOT a good look for you.

teenies*mom
01-18-2007, 10:56 AM
Ok, Monkey boy last night was freaky. And how about the guy that sang unchained melody? What about Darwin???? What did she evolve from???

Fashion tip of the day for Darwin. 1.) Better support bra. 2.) Only the truly tiny should EVER wear satin, if you have lumps and bumps at all, satin is NOT a good look for you.

that was so hilarious when Simon told that kid he looked like a monkey - I kinda felt bad for him but leave it to Simon to say something like that....

and could Miss Bra-less sound anymore BORING when she talked - OMG -
didn't Simon make a little comment something about her and her mom eating hay or something like that.

DBackFan
01-19-2007, 11:01 AM
OK got this email from my nephew..lol

Date: Jan 18, 2007 7:30 PM
Subject I was an AMERICAN IDOL Reject
Body: Well... not really reject.

But as everyone now knows, I did not make it to Hollywood... but it certainly wasn't an unpleasant audition.

All three top judges, including Mr. Simon "What An Asshat" Cowell, were all very nice to me. They're basic answer to me was, "Great voice, good presence, but much to cabaret, too broadway, not very Pop music. Go to Broadway, you'd be great there."

Thanks guys, I appreciate the compliments. And now it's over.

lol. mostly, I was relieved that I didn't have to wait for 10 & 1/2 hours to audition anymore.

They did use a clip of me, and I hear it sounded good. I haven't gotten to watch it yet, but I'm certain I wil soon...

Thanks to all my friends who saw and sent me well-wishes! If I didn't reply to everyone, I'm sorry... but I love you all, and really appreciate the encouragement!

adios boys and girls!

Shancopp
01-19-2007, 11:55 AM
do you have a pic? I watched, but not sure which one was him.

Shancopp
01-19-2007, 11:57 AM
that was so hilarious when Simon told that kid he looked like a monkey - I kinda felt bad for him but leave it to Simon to say something like that....

and could Miss Bra-less sound anymore BORING when she talked - OMG -
didn't Simon make a little comment something about her and her mom eating hay or something like that.

WHY would she not wear a bra?????? For the love of God! Her mom's rack looked better than hers...hell, any rack looked better than her pool balls in tube socks swaying back and forth at her belly button!!!!!!!!! :eek: Another tip........don't share lipsticks with your mom! That blood red looks crappy on both her AND you!

:rolleyes:

DBackFan
01-19-2007, 06:30 PM
do you have a pic? I watched, but not sure which one was him.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v600/hayes2258/Jesse.jpg

Surfergal
01-20-2007, 07:23 AM
got this site from tv news - shows a lot of the contests home pages

http://deathbycamera.com/

JKATHERINE
01-23-2007, 07:07 AM

In case anyone missed Darwin...: http://youtube.com/watch?v=ecVE7u4DPes

http://msnbcmedia.msn.com/j/msnbc/Sections/Newsweek/Components/Photos/070116_070122/070117_IdolContestant_vm.widec.jpg

And here's the Monkey Boy aka "Bush Baby" lol

http://www.tvgasm.com/newsgasm/news/2007/01/21/americanidol/kennethbriggs/kennethbriggs.jpg http://www.tvgasm.com/newsgasm/news/2007/01/21/americanidol/bushbaby/bush%20baby.jpg

Part 1: http://youtube.com/watch?v=EtQBlH3ntTE
Part 2: http://youtube.com/watch?v=ZHzS964u7GM

teenies*mom
01-23-2007, 10:15 AM
OMG - LOL - I watched the show and just looking at these pictures again makes me laugh - - - - -Darwin was just a really sad case tho - wasn't she....I probably would have peed my pants laughing at her if I was sitting there with the judges....
and to be on national TV and not have a bra on - O M G !

heartlvrs
01-23-2007, 02:58 PM
my daughter is auditioning for the 2008 series!!

tngirl
01-23-2007, 04:57 PM
The Memphis auditions are suppose tonight, but, the State of the Union is tonight too!! The horror, the horror!!

teenies*mom
01-24-2007, 03:48 AM
do I dare start ""bashing"" last nights show so early this morning - LOL -

tngirl
01-24-2007, 01:55 PM
Now, now, they did give out 22 golden tickets in Memphis. That is more than in the other cities...lol.

JKATHERINE
01-25-2007, 06:11 AM
The first contestant, Ian Benardo, was a crackpot...

http://myspace-596.vo.llnwd.net/01409/69/50/1409350596_m.jpghttp://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m159/surfbrat/0_IMAGE_00581.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TTA6Y1qnkvE
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=40737579

Oh, and for anyone who missed it, Julie...ahem, I mean, Isadora, was the last contestant and was, well, interesting...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wzt6SX1-5o4

LuvBigRip
01-25-2007, 07:29 AM
Ok, what about the psycho in the red cowboy hat? She wanted to be the first AI who couldn't sing...Then went on some whacked out rant after??? WOW.

Shancopp
01-25-2007, 09:40 AM
It was an odd show last nite, for sure. Some good talent though.

teenies*mom
01-29-2007, 11:33 AM
it was a good show the other night - hysterical but good - but then again its always good - lol - can't wait to watch it again tomorrow night.

ladybugva
02-06-2007, 06:39 AM
That man that sang for his wife made me cry. The judges were so nice to him. Even Simon wouldn't have said any thing ugly if he sounded bad. (which he didn't)

Shancopp
02-06-2007, 09:26 AM
That man that sang for his wife made me cry. The judges were so nice to him. Even Simon wouldn't have said any thing ugly if he sounded bad. (which he didn't)

I bawled too. It was so sweet. Too bad she didn't live long enough to see him go on. I thought it was great that they let him do his thing and even hugged him and shook his hand.

teenies*mom
02-06-2007, 02:22 PM
I bawled too. It was so sweet. Too bad she didn't live long enough to see him go on. I thought it was great that they let him do his thing and even hugged him and shook his hand.

That was so great - and so sweet of the judges..

ladybugva
02-07-2007, 10:50 AM
They actually showed more of the good people last night than usual.
The guy that pretended to be mad was funny.
Next show is all the "bad" ones they didn't show yet then on to hollywood baby.

hotdoglove
02-07-2007, 02:42 PM
i loved that man that sang for his wife so touching. I actually hope to see him again on some other show. I can't wait to see the next episode

teenies*mom
02-07-2007, 04:44 PM
tonights looks good - I like when they do the best and worst--unseen!

ladybugva
02-07-2007, 09:15 PM
That guy that though he was a panther, he was odd!!

plh2006
02-09-2007, 08:17 AM
I recorded the other night's show but haven't watch it yet. I'm a little disappointed some of the acts are not that good. They need to show more of the really bad people. As for that man that sang for his wife... I was a cryer too! I can't wait for them to start at Hollywood. There was a guy that on there last year that quit. He was from Taunton Mass (I'm right around the corner from that) and I thought he was great and good looking too! I hope he doesn't quit again this year!

ladybugva
02-09-2007, 10:21 AM
It's always interesting in Hollywood to see those they though were good to see if they step up or not. Some seemed so good in their state but then in Hollywood just fall apart.

teenies*mom
02-09-2007, 12:33 PM
I liked the blonde girl from New York city who lost all that weight just to be on the show.........at first I thought she looked kind of "snotty" - but I guess I would have that kind of "attitude" too if I looked like her after losing all that weight - my hubby didn't care for her but I did like her....I forgot what her name was tho - she had blonde "kinky" looking hair....?????

teenies*mom
02-09-2007, 12:42 PM
her name I found it is: Porcelana Patino