PDA

View Full Version : Survivor - - Figi

teenies*mom
01-12-2007, 10:44 AM
The new Survivor is going to start on February 8th -
they showed all the new "contestants" this morning on the news - I didn't realize it was starting again so soon - but it will be on again next month.

freeby4me
01-12-2007, 11:08 AM
This is so weird....Im over at cbs.com checking out the bio's and Cassandra looks so familiar......Does anyone else notice this or is it just me?? She looks so much like the lady from last season but I cannot for the life of me remember her name lol

teenies*mom
01-12-2007, 11:12 AM
HMM - can't think of the name of the one you are talking about either - and I can't find anything on it - this is also where I was looking
http://www.survivor.com/category/survivor-13-cook-islands/

buttrfli
01-12-2007, 12:54 PM
This is so weird....Im over at cbs.com checking out the bio's and Cassandra looks so familiar......Does anyone else notice this or is it just me?? She looks so much like the lady from last season but I cannot for the life of me remember her name lol

she looks VERY much like the lady from last season.. maybe thats just throwing you off?

freeby4me
01-12-2007, 12:58 PM
Maybe that is it. Im sitting here thinking that sure looks like her but I just couldnt remember her name. My grandmother says she probably cant watch this season because there's supposed to be lots of snakes in this one. Blah I dont like snakes lol

tngirl
01-19-2007, 06:53 AM
She looks like Sondra, the one that was in the top 3 on Cook Island.

freeby4me
01-19-2007, 07:56 AM
She looks like Sondra, the one that was in the top 3 on Cook Island.

Thats IT!!!! I knew someone would remember her name...I just couldnt for the life of me remember! Thank you!!!

dv8grl
01-25-2007, 04:08 PM
I hope its better than last season., I couldn't believe during the season finale - Reunion show., Jeff kept syaing that it was the most exciting season so far. :eek: I thought last season SUCKED!

I've seen the commercials for Figi on CBS , don't they seem real cheesy, like the voice-over guy is being really over the top...

cathych
01-25-2007, 08:46 PM
One of the players on the Figi round is from here, Wilmington NC.

ladybugva
01-31-2007, 08:07 PM
i saw something on TV guide channel today about the new show.
Few of the changes are that there are 19 instead of 20 b/c some one dropped out the day before filming so at the last minute they had to make some changes. They were going to divide by race again but couldn't b/c of the girl dropping out.

Also all 19 start out tog. on an island and get a map to supplies blueprints to build a nice hut. Then they will divide up so one group has nothing and the other has everything. (not sure if that changes when that group wins a contest or not) Sounds like Apprentice this season. Guess it doesn't help that they same guy produces both shows.

ladybugva
02-07-2007, 10:48 AM
Starts tomorrow ever one ready???
I am ready for the new shows to start up after the winter break

tngirl
02-09-2007, 08:26 PM
So who watched Figi last nite? I guessed correctly what was going to happen with the shelter...lol. What woud be great is if they "swap" out the shelter each time they do the challenge, like whoever wins the challenge gets the shelter.

teenies*mom
02-10-2007, 03:49 AM
I know I would never be able to stay on Exile Island with all those snakes - I hate snakes - I would have left and went home then when Jeff told me - LOL

freeby4me
02-10-2007, 06:14 AM
I think its going pretty good. Its got me wanting to watch next weeks episode so thats something.....I feel so bad for my grandmother though, she about freaks if she sees a pic of a snake so I dont know how she'll handle watching this season :(

tngirl
02-16-2007, 06:38 AM
I wasn't happy that the Ravu tribe lost the challenge, but, I was glad that Erica got voted off. I think she really had a bad attitude.

freeby4me
02-16-2007, 07:01 AM
Yea same here. It would have made sense to vote of Sylvia but who knows if Erica could of held it together next challenge. She really freaked out.
What the heck was up with Boo?? He was injuring himself left and right....I bet its him who has the problem next week lol

buttrfli
02-16-2007, 07:03 AM
What the heck was up with Boo?? He was injuring himself left and right....I bet its him who has the problem next week lol

I LMAO when the hammock broke LOL

tngirl
02-16-2007, 07:38 PM
I LMAO when the hammock broke LOL

I did too!:D

Taterbo
03-09-2007, 01:38 AM
So long Rita.....

ladybugva
03-09-2007, 07:02 AM
I need to go watch it on In Demand. I missed it last night b/c of idol. I did see who was voted off though. Those poor have nots are working so hard and just not getting any where. I hope with a merge they end up on the island of little.

freeby4me
03-09-2007, 07:09 AM
I need to go watch it on In Demand. I missed it last night b/c of idol. I did see who was voted off though. Those poor have nots are working so hard and just not getting any where. I hope with a merge they end up on the island of little.

The next Survivor episode is March 21rst and it looks like there is either a merge or a switch up of the tribes and I really hope the losing end gets the good camp!

ladybugva
03-09-2007, 10:41 AM
the loosing team does deserve some good stuff now. And after the way the girls were treating dreams and the other girl I hope that a merge comes and they flip to that side. Merges are hard and it changes a lot of peoples palns

sunflowers
03-09-2007, 02:28 PM
Do you think Rita looks like a twin for Jeffs Probst girlfriend? Julie...
Wonder if they are related?

ladybugva
03-09-2007, 09:32 PM
I would have to see a pict of her.

His girl friend was on survivor also but he says the romance came later. With those huge dimples you can swim in I can see why she found him attractive.

sunflowers
03-09-2007, 09:44 PM
Julie http://search.msn.com/images/results.aspx?q=survivor+julie&FORM=MSNH&mkt=en-US#

Rita http://search.msn.com/images/results.aspx?q=survivor%20rita&FORM=QBIR&mkt=en-US

freeby4me
03-10-2007, 05:59 AM
Yea they do kind of look alike dont they! I dont think i would mistake them though.

sunflowers
03-10-2007, 06:06 AM
I'm just wondering if they are related????

freeby4me
03-10-2007, 06:16 AM
Ahh perhaps cousins or something eh?? Thats an interesting thought....I just read yesterday that Papa Smurfs daughter tried out for Survivor Africa and she almost made....was in the top 13 or something like that so maybe they do go back and get relatives of people! Good eye Sunflowers!

sunflowers
03-12-2007, 11:32 AM
Spoiler Dont go any further if you dont want to know......

One of the contestants leaked confidential information about the show. The spinning point is that Mookie wins the car in one of the challenges. He gives his car to Dre after winning it with the condition that Dre votes his way. Dre betrays Mookie and votes him off after the second round.
They were 20 contestants originally , but one girl quit before even they left for the island, therefore they were 19 now.

Edgardo is number 9 left in the island, and after him Alex gets voted off. The reason: Edgardo, Alex, Mookie, and Dree found the immunity idol. Edgardo gives it to Alex to save him from getting voted off, but Dre goes back and tells the other alliance whats going on. Everybody votes Edgardo off.

They had condoms available in the island on the medicine box hidden in the island.

Gary is forced to leave the game for medical purposes, he had heart problems during the show.

This is a fact, for sure, all the contestants know how the winner is. When they arrived at the airport in New Zealand and in LA they talked about they way they voted for the final Survivor.
The last 3 contestants are all African American, including Dreamz as one of them.

This is official, I heard it from a very close friend of one of the contestants. He has told everybody details about the show.

Posted by cwalton in Spoilers, Survivor 14 Fiji

freeby4me
03-12-2007, 03:33 PM
Thanx Sunflowers....it'll be interesting to see if these spoilers are true or not as Gary (papa smurf) ended up leaving because of those fire-ants biting him so bad, he was being poisioned by them :eek: which of course would prolly cause a heart problem.....Quite interesting.

cathych
03-12-2007, 04:39 PM
I live in Wilmington NC. Dreamz lives here, in fact, he is the nephew of my Orkin guy. He is home, the outcome of the show was decided long ago.

sunflowers
03-12-2007, 05:12 PM
I live in Wilmington NC. Dreamz lives here, in fact, he is the nephew of my Orkin guy. He is home, the outcome of the show was decided long ago.

The winner is live though or at least it has been in the past....(they voted but no one knows for sure who won)

cathych
03-12-2007, 06:18 PM
yes, but the jury has talked, & everyone knows who the winner will be.

sunflowers
03-12-2007, 07:59 PM
yes, but the jury has talked, & everyone knows who the winner will be.

So do you know who the winner is??

cathych
03-13-2007, 08:12 AM
well, I know who it is NOT, & it is not him.

TxGreek
03-13-2007, 10:05 PM
The last 3 contestants are all African American, including Dreamz as one of them.

Soooo........ that would leave Earl, Dre, Cassandra and Anthony.
According to Cathych, that would leave Earl, Cassandra and Anthony.

I've been watching it from the beginning, but can't remember much about Earl (is he good or bad?).
Anthony and Cassandra aren't very good players, IMO. The only way I can see them making it is because the other players didn't see them as a threat and kept them around.
I do kind of feel bad for Anthony because he feels like the odd one out, but he needs to step it up if he wants to win.

I hope those rumors aren't true. I don't think any of the above (aside from Dreamz) deserves to win.

Cathy, how do you know for sure he didn't win? Do you think he'd really tell you the truth? They're under contract and I can't imagine him telling just anyone.

dv8grl
03-14-2007, 06:18 AM
Earl is really the only one I like from this season.

cathych
03-14-2007, 07:31 AM
Because Dreamz is at home right now, & he told his relatives that he did not win. Now, that may not be the case, be he thinks it is. Him & his brother own a dance studio here called "Dreamz studio". They named it that because of the dreams they had for themselves when they were young.

TxGreek
03-14-2007, 07:21 PM
Because Dreamz is at home right now, & he told his relatives that he did not win. Now, that may not be the case, be he thinks it is. Him & his brother own a dance studio here called "Dreamz studio". They named it that because of the dreams they had for themselves when they were young.

Shouldn't they all be at home by now?

sunflowers
03-14-2007, 07:40 PM

Actually I think they are all under contract to say they didnt win until we see them voted off.....

TxGreek
03-22-2007, 02:47 PM
My cable shows that Survivor isn't on tonight. I thought it was on yesterday and today. :confused:
Anyone know when tonight's episode will air?

freeby4me
03-22-2007, 02:59 PM
My cable shows that Survivor isn't on tonight. I thought it was on yesterday and today. :confused:

I thought Jeff said next week Thursday the episodes return at regular time. It was on last night and Anthony got voted out.

sunflowers
03-22-2007, 03:00 PM

It was never to be on tonight??Next time its on is next Thurs. Back to its reg. time slot.

TxGreek
03-22-2007, 03:11 PM
I thought Jeff said next week Thursday the episodes return at regular time. It was on last night and Anthony got voted out.

Ahhh, Ok. I thought they were airing two shows this week to make up for last week's missed episode.
So an episode is "skipped" (not really, but you get what I mean, right?)

Thought I was going crazy for a minute. (I mean, I probably am, but at least now I can't blame it on Survivor :D)

I looked on the CBS site and the Survivor MB and no one mentioned the change in schedule (about tonight. I did see last night's episode on CBS. I wasn't missing ANTM to watch Survivor last night. :p)

Am glad it'll be back to normal next week. Now what will I watch tonight? :confused: :p

freeby4me
03-22-2007, 03:13 PM
Yea I know what ya mean....I'll be over on TLC for American Hot Rod and American Chopper prolly :D

Taterbo
03-29-2007, 09:18 PM
Poor old Rocky never saw it coming did he...Bye Bye..He sure had a nasty comment at the end...creep...

freeby4me
03-30-2007, 03:56 AM
Im so glad they got rid of him finally. Im kinda thinking he just poisioned the group at camp so they didnt really have what it took at the challenges.

dena_darling
03-30-2007, 04:22 AM
I'm also glad they got rid of Rocky. He was so rude. I got tired of hearing him.

What were his comments at the end when he was voted off? I didn't hear it.

freeby4me
03-30-2007, 04:28 AM
I'm also glad they got rid of Rocky. He was so rude. I got tired of hearing him.

What were his comments at the end when he was voted off? I didn't hear it.

Well first off he SCREAMED :rolleyes: Then he said something along the lines that "They totally blindsided me, I just hope those (somethin-or-others) dont make it to the end with that million dollars. :mad: *(I dont remember what he called them, it wasnt nice though)*

sunflowers
03-30-2007, 04:53 AM
Poor old Rocky never saw it coming did he...Bye Bye..He sure had a nasty comment at the end...creep...

What was his comment? I couldnt understand him when he walked off and said something, too.

dv8grl
03-30-2007, 11:17 AM
he said, after the end of the show, when they're showing next weeks previews & who voted for who...

somthing along the lines that he was glad he was on the jury and that he wouldn't give the money to anyone on that tribe (that voted him off).

like I said before, hes a chump

buttrfli
03-30-2007, 06:23 PM
Good riddance to bad rubbish.

I am soooo glad that Yao Man has the idol... I died laughing when he made the fake one! LOL

dv8grl
03-31-2007, 10:21 AM
I am soooo glad that Yao Man has the idol... I died laughing when he made the fake one! LOL

totally... he cracks me up! i love goofy old men! :p

dena_darling
04-02-2007, 04:07 AM
Yao Man had me cracking up. He was smart to make a fake idol.

TxGreek
04-02-2007, 09:15 AM
Anyone think Yao man should tell people he has the idol? If he does, he's pretty much safe. No one would vote for someone they know they can't get out.
Then he could really use it to protect whoever helped him get the idol (?? - forgot his name) instead of just bouncing the idol between the two as they get voted for.

freeby4me
04-02-2007, 02:47 PM
Anyone think Yao man should tell people he has the idol? If he does, he's pretty much safe. No one would vote for someone they know they can't get out.
Then he could really use it to protect whoever helped him get the idol (?? - forgot his name) instead of just bouncing the idol between the two as they get voted for.

Earl is who was helping him find it. Yes I do kind of agree with you but if he tells everyone they could purposely vote for him to make him use it then next time he's gone for sure.

DBackFan
04-02-2007, 08:27 PM
Earl is who was helping him find it. Yes I do kind of agree with you but if he tells everyone they could purposely vote for him to make him use it then next time he's gone for sure.

Yah I agree with you there. I was just rolling when he buried the other idol he made...can't WAIT to see it get played! There has never been an immunity idol played has there?

TxGreek
04-02-2007, 09:06 PM

Good point. They didn't try it last year when (?? - name again :rolleyes: ) revealed that he had the idol, but I guess Yao has to weigh his options.
I also thought it was funny that he made a fake one. He's so much smarter than I first gave him credit for.

TxGreek
04-05-2007, 09:30 PM
Some of the guys looked hot tonight in those paints. lol http://smilies.vidahost.com/contrib/splarka/as-boing.gif

I'm glad Lisi went, but I'm not sure it was the best move for the two "leaders" of the group (Eduardo and Anthony, I think?).
I really hope Mookie wins. So far he's played w/ the most ethics (not that that matters in this game).
Either him or Yao Man. (Because he's the underdog and he kicked everyone's butts in the challenge tonight).

Taterbo
04-05-2007, 11:12 PM
Now that Lisi is on the jury she will be PO'd that the boys found the idol and did not tell her after she told them the clues..So I guess we know who she will not be voting for....Would have liked to see Dreamz go tonight but he is next now...

ladybugva
04-06-2007, 01:16 PM
Yao man is a fun favorite it was good to see him win. To me it looked like Lisi tribe lost on purpose. Guess they didn't but it kind of looked that way. It was definatly time for her to go though. But I think Dreamz mouth may have gotten him into some trouble tonight if he is not careful.

TxGreek
04-06-2007, 02:05 PM
Now that Lisi is on the jury she will be PO'd that the boys found the idol and did not tell her after she told them the clues.

Do you think she'll know?

I'm sure they know to watch what they say at tribal meetings (since the jurors get to attend) so they would have to admit that they found it when she was still there.

If they do admit it, I agree that she'll be pissed.

DBackFan
04-06-2007, 02:13 PM
Now that Lisi is on the jury she will be PO'd that the boys found the idol and did not tell her after she told them the clues..So I guess we know who she will not be voting for....Would have liked to see Dreamz go tonight but he is next now...

....but the joke is on them since they found the FAKE Immunity Idol that Yao man made. Yao has the real one...LOL I was so hooting and hollerin' for him last night! :D

TxGreek
04-06-2007, 02:28 PM
....but the joke is on them since they found the FAKE Immunity Idol that Yao man made. Yao has the real one...LOL I was so hooting and hollerin' for him last night! :D

No, they found the real one. There are two this season; one for each tribe.

DBackFan
04-06-2007, 02:58 PM
No, they found the real one. There are two this season; one for each tribe.Oh dang, how did I miss that? :o

DBackFan
04-13-2007, 07:34 AM
Well there were sure a lot of twists and turns last night! WOW. ITs going to make it interesting thats for sure. I liked Michelle but it always works out this way. At least Yao Man is still there :)

irishchick
04-13-2007, 07:39 AM
yeah i think yao man is my fav....but i like the good lookin guy with the awesome cute accent..whats his name ? hes just so cuddly and cute...seems nice too.

freeby4me
04-13-2007, 08:13 AM
Are you talking about Edgardo?? Hes got quite an accent. I missed it last night but I went and read about it on CBS.com so yea, what an episode!! So they are all living on the "good" camp without all the luxuries right?? That sucks LOL

irishchick
04-13-2007, 08:19 AM
thats exactly right...
it was a shocker to them, my husband sat here and guessed that that was what would happen...i figured as much!
it was funny to see the looks on their face !

whatever
04-19-2007, 06:23 PM
I have to say. This has not been the best survivor. A few episodes have been boring. But boy am i glad i watched tonight. I have to say this is one of the best ones i have ever seen:) It was the best bamboozled anyone has ever gotten;) The look on Alex's face was priceless. I think he's annoying cause he thinks he's running the show:rolleyes: So when the other group came up with the plan to get rid of edguardo it was brilliant!!

dv8grl
04-19-2007, 06:45 PM
The look on Alex's face was priceless.

I felt so bad for Ed, he was just like WTF!

dena_darling
04-20-2007, 03:53 AM
That was so funny. The look on the "four horsemen's" faces were hilarious. At first they were thinking "ha ha, we fooled you" and then when edguardo's (sp) name was called out, it was like "oh crud". And Yao-Man was just a grinning.

whatever
04-20-2007, 04:04 PM
I fell off my chair laughing when i saw the looks on their faces:D

dena_darling
04-27-2007, 08:14 AM
I am glad that they voted off the person that they did. I was worried about Yao-Man. He shouldn't be talking too much about the immunity idol. I can't believe that Cassandra got physical in the reward challenge.

ladybugva
04-27-2007, 09:41 AM
I was supprised to see Alex vote for Mookie. Did I miss them agreeing to vote for him or did he decide that it was his only way to survive another day?

And when Boo's knee popped yuck!

cathych
04-27-2007, 10:01 AM
he did it to survive another day. What cutthroats, both of them. And him talking about snakes in the grass.

whatever
04-27-2007, 10:17 AM
I was supprised to see Alex vote for Mookie. Did I miss them agreeing to vote for him or did he decide that it was his only way to survive another day?

And when Boo's knee popped yuck!

They split the vote, i think alex did it to save his hide though. I was kind of hoping for a tie vote. Wanted to have the fire contest;)

dena_darling
05-04-2007, 04:05 AM
I was so worried that Yao-Man would be voted out. I kept yelling "use the immunity idol". :) I wonder why Dreamz changed his mind and voted out Alex???

freeby4me
05-04-2007, 04:08 AM
Thankfully they all changed their minds and voted Alex off. I really dont care for the way Cassandra and Dreamz are playing the game. Dreamz is just way too obvious about "going with the power" and Cassandra just seems to be along for the ride until something might go for her. I know its strategy so what can ya say right :rolleyes:

TxGreek
05-04-2007, 10:44 AM
Thankfully they all changed their minds and voted Alex off. I really dont care for the way Cassandra and Dreamz are playing the game. Dreamz is just way too obvious about "going with the power" and Cassandra just seems to be along for the ride until something might go for her. I know its strategy so what can ya say right :rolleyes:

I don't know. I think Cassandra is playing a good game. Watch her when other people talk to her. She takes everything in and just says, "yeah, uh huh."
But you can tell she's processing the information.
She doesn't give out too much, yet people still go to her.
I think she's playing smart.
I don't necessarily want her to win, though. :p

Heidi
05-04-2007, 10:46 AM
I didn't see the very, very end where it shows everyone holding up the name they voted for. Did everyone vote for Alex, except Alex of course?

TxGreek
05-04-2007, 10:51 AM
I didn't see the very, very end where it shows everyone holding up the name they voted for. Did everyone vote for Alex, except Alex of course?

Yep. :)

DBackFan
05-04-2007, 10:51 AM

Yep they all did, it surprised me

sunflowers
05-04-2007, 12:55 PM
So from seeing the tiny preview we saw...is Yauman the one who must make the deal with Dreams about the car...winning it then giving it up up to secure a vote then getting voted off...

Something like that happens if not exactly like that......( with someone....)

buttrfli
05-10-2007, 06:01 PM
I'm kinda crushin on yau right now LOL

Hes a smart smart man and I am glad he followed his gut feeling and used the idol! :D

freeby4me
05-10-2007, 06:06 PM
I'm kinda crushin on yau right now LOL

Hes a smart smart man and I am glad he followed his gut feeling and used the idol! :D

Me too. It really sucks that he's got a heart though, Im not liking Dreamz too much right now. and what about Cassandra?? She was about worthless in that immunity challenge. It just seems like the women who make it to the end suck as far as physical and vocal game playing. I just dont like it LOL :p

DBackFan
05-10-2007, 09:08 PM
OMG I agree with you guys on Yau! I was so worried and was screaming "use the damn idol!!" I was sooo glad! LOL

myashley89
05-11-2007, 05:19 AM
Same here...I was yellin at the tv for Yau to go with his gut and use that idol!! He seems to be able to read into people very well and I'm glad he used it. I hope he wins! :D

Anthill
05-11-2007, 05:56 AM
It's almost as if Cassandra knows she doesn't have to do well in the challenges because she knows she is fine. As for Dreamz can't stand when they whine about nto having a car too bad, too say that he is the only one out there that doesn't have a car and that everyone else does. Hey maybe they all WORKED really hard for their car. I knew when You-Man made that deal that Dreamz was thinking how can I get out of it. I am thinking this man just gave you a TRUCK and you are thinking how can you stab him in the back. I know that You-man did it for strategic reasons and Dreamz knows that, so if he didn't want to accept his deal than he shouldn't have accepted the truck. I am rooting for either Boo or Earl. I am glad that Boo won imunity again and I hope he keeps winning it.

dena_darling
05-11-2007, 06:31 AM
I agee Cassandra acts like she doesn't have to do anything because she knows she is safe. I kinda wish they would turn around and vote her off.

I think it was lousy of Dreamz to try to backstab Yau-Man. I was hoping that Yau-Man would keep the truck.

ladybugva
05-11-2007, 07:02 AM
I was glad that Yau-Man decided to use the idol to be safe and w/ his partner having the other one that will work in his favor.

Yau is a smart cookie he knew what he was doing w/ the deal and then going back to the island himself.

dcut4
05-11-2007, 08:40 AM
I don't think Yau was going to use the immunity idol until Stacy opened her mouth about how the camp was going to divided after this vote. Earl and Yau kinda looked at each other like wow they are going to pull something. Stacy basically sealed her own fate by opening her mouth. I personally hope Cassandra goes next. She flip flops on her loyalty, does nothing around the camp and stinks at the challenges, I don't think she even really tries at them.

myashley89
05-11-2007, 09:04 AM
I agee Cassandra acts like she doesn't have to do anything because she knows she is safe. I kinda wish they would turn around and vote her off.

I think it was lousy of Dreamz to try to backstab Yau-Man. I was hoping that Yau-Man would keep the truck.

I agree about Cassandra, she does nothing

I also agree about Dreamz, if he does back out of that deal with Yau and manages to make it to the final two, I don't think the jury with vote for Dreamz to get that money. I wonder if he's thinkin about that while tryin to backstab Yau??

dv8grl
05-13-2007, 09:00 AM
dont forget the season finale is on tonight..

..i will miss looking @ Boo :D

freeby4me
05-13-2007, 09:24 AM
dont forget the season finale is on tonight..

..i will miss looking @ Boo :D

Yea I cant wait! I will admit I didnt think much of Boo at first (looks) but :eek: He's perty nice lookin now :D :o

Im hoping that Earl wins if it is Dreamz Earl and Cassandra at the end. He played the best.

myashley89
05-13-2007, 02:36 PM
TY for reminding me!! I forgot it was on tonight :D I'm rooting for Yau or Earl :)

But without the idol, Yau will probably go home :(

ladybugva
05-14-2007, 04:49 AM
I was so glad that it was Earl that won, I was pulling for Yau and was really mad at Dreamz last night.
I was surprised at how many people asked angry questions to Cassanda and expected it from Dreamz.

It's always fun seeing every one all cleaned up and made up for the finally. I didn't recognize Boo at all.

buttrfli
05-14-2007, 04:53 AM
:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

That is SO not how I thought it would turn out! I really thought Dre would keep his word :(

I do have to say that even tho Yau got stabbed in the back (twice in 2 minutes) Dre and Earl were right that Yau would have won.

I am glad earl won. He was my #2 winner, but I really thought Yau had it in the bag.... remember several years ago when Rupert was voted off and everyone threw a fit? They invented that "viewers choice" award so that he could still get the million.... they should have given Yau a million too LOL

freeby4me
05-14-2007, 04:55 AM
I was practically yelling at the TV when Dreamz went back on his word. That was :mad: :mad: :mad: I wasnt the least bit surprised about the anger at Cassandra. She didnt do anything at all during the show. At the last immunity challenge she didnt EVEN TRY. She never made it to the first bridge when Yau was all the way at the end.
I dunno what was up with Lisi though, she was kind of bugging out at the end or something. and Cassandra talking with Alex, LOL I dont blame him for yelling at her. Like we needed to hear more sappy bull sh*t coming out of her worthless (game) mouth.
Im just glad that this game is over, Earl got every single vote!! :D Too bad im going to miss them on The Early Show (gotta take ds to school)

What about the previews for next Survivor! China looks awesome!

myashley89
05-14-2007, 05:28 AM
I knew no one would give Cassandra that money! I wish Yau wouldv'e one, but they knew if they went up against him they wouldn't have a chance. Out of the 3, I'm glad Earl Won. :)

dv8grl
05-14-2007, 07:39 AM
I was pulling for Earl since the begining and I'm totally not suprised he got all 9 of the votes.

Lisi is insane.

Rocky was alot more "realaxed" than I thought he was going to be @ the reunion.

Alex seems like a shitty lawyer and I would never hire him.

Boo looked much better before the break, I liked the hairy, sweaty, shirt-less Boo much better!

I have nothing to say about Dreamz :rolleyes:

I was shocked that they were so mean to Cassandra. Granted she didn't do anything, but people in the past have won by not doing anything as well.

I totally feel for Yao. They should do what they did for Rupert to give him a Million, have a call in / log in vote for him.

buttrfli
05-14-2007, 07:53 AM
I watched the show again this morning (lol) and looking back at the final immunity challenge, we all should have known dre wasn't going to give Yau the idol.... it was just the two of them left, why didn't dre just drop and let Yau have it? I said that to DH last night, but at the time I really thought Dre was going to be good on his word and he was just hanging in to win it so that he could say he won one. :rolleyes:

I hate that he did that to Yau, but like everyone says, its just a game and for the most part its about lying and backstabbing ... but I still wish Yau would have won lol

ladybugva
05-14-2007, 08:02 AM
I know to Everyone it's a game and I get that but I wish that when they had the "one on one" with the camera time that was a good opportunity for Dreamz to say that he just might not give the immunity to Yao after all. That is where people can be real instead of talking about his integrity and stuff.

Lisi is crazy but she looked better with her hair cut after the show though.

Boo looked older all sweaty and dirty, but still nice :)

freeby4me
05-14-2007, 08:06 AM
I watched the show again this morning (lol) and looking back at the final immunity challenge, we all should have known dre wasn't going to give Yau the idol.... it was just the two of them left, why didn't dre just drop and let Yau have it? I said that to DH last night, but at the time I really thought Dre was going to be good on his word and he was just hanging in to win it so that he could say he won one. :rolleyes:

I hate that he did that to Yau, but like everyone says, its just a game and for the most part its about lying and backstabbing ... but I still wish Yau would have won lol

Thats exactly what I was thinking. I knew right then and there that slimy snake was going back on his words. As far as backstabbing and lying cause its just a game, well I wouldnt trust Dreamz At All/Never now if I saw him. Boo was right about what he said, hoping that someday Dreamz can look at that devil dangling money in his face and say NO WAY to it.

Oh and one more thing, Earl could have given Yau that last hidden Idol and saved Yau but he knew he couldnt win against Yau.

cathych
05-14-2007, 09:07 AM
There was a big article in todays paper on the episode, (I told you guys that he lives here), & all of his friends were totally shocked, & that he is a man of his word. He has 2 kids, not 1 like he kept mentioning, he lives with a hispanic girl here. Also, the other 2 did get $10,000 each. That was not mentioned either. It was funny when Earl said that when Dre did not give Yau that necklace, he knew that HE had won the money because he just alienated the jury by doing that. If he had given it away, still been in the finals, he would have probably won, (gotten the sympathy vote). His life story is totally true.

TxGreek
05-14-2007, 12:19 PM
I know to Everyone it's a game and I get that but I wish that when they had the "one on one" with the camera time that was a good opportunity for Dreamz to say that he just might not give the immunity to Yao after all. That is where people can be real instead of talking about his integrity and stuff.

They did give him one on one time and that's when he said he WAS giving the idol to Yau. He said he wanted to be a role model for his son.

I wasn't surprised at all abut Dreamz's decision. I can't believe so many people were upset by it. Had he given the idol to Yau, Dreamz would've been packing his bags.
I know he gave his word, but it was ignorant of Yau to trust him in a game based on deceit.

I'm not saying I like that he screwed Yau over, but it was the only decision Dreamz coud have made to keep himself in the game. And, at the end of the night, that's all it is.... a game.
The motto is to "outlast" and Dreamz did just that by saving his own ass.

I was gld that Earl won. He cleans up really nice. :p

Where is Boo from? I LOVE his accent. ;)

cathych
05-14-2007, 12:33 PM
This is what I read:

Born and raised in Lafayette, Louisiana, Kenward "Boo" Bernis works in construction during the day and manages the bar he owns at night. He has previously worked as a crawfish farmer and health club worker. Bernis attended the University of Louisiana in Lafayette where he received a Bachelor's Degree in General Studies. Bernis continues to reside in Lafayette, Louisiana. His birth date is June 21, 1972.

TxGreek
05-14-2007, 12:39 PM
This is what I read:

Born and raised in Lafayette, Louisiana, Kenward "Boo" Bernis works in construction during the day and manages the bar he owns at night. He has previously worked as a crawfish farmer and health club worker. Bernis attended the University of Louisiana in Lafayette where he received a Bachelor's Degree in General Studies. Bernis continues to reside in Lafayette, Louisiana. His birth date is June 21, 1972.

omg, I was born and raised in La. LOL I can't believe I didn't recognize his accent, but that could explain why I was attracted to it. :p
He doesn't live very far from me or my sisters. ;)
Thanks for the info!

myashley89
05-14-2007, 02:53 PM
I guess I'm just not cut out to be on survivor, but I couldn't have accepted that truck dishonestly, knowing I wasn't gonna keep my word. lol I'd prolly be voted out the first day. Yau may not have walked away with a million, but he still has his integrity, which in my opinion is worth alot more :)

cathych
05-14-2007, 05:17 PM
Dreamz said in the paper that Yau was not at all as he appeared on tv, that he was really conniving.

volkswagon7
05-14-2007, 06:58 PM
Is there a link to this article? I would love to read it.

cathych
05-15-2007, 06:23 AM
Here is one of the Dreamz articles, there were several: http://www.wilmingtonstar.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070515/NEWS/705150315/1050/currents&template=currents

ah, found another one: http://www.wilmingtonstar.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070514/NEWS/705140396/1004/news01

DBackFan
05-15-2007, 08:13 AM
Dreamz said in the paper that Yau was not at all as he appeared on tv, that he was really conniving.

I don't see this in either of the articles you posted. I also never heard anyone speak badly of Yau.

myashley89
05-15-2007, 08:32 AM
I don't see this in either of the articles you posted. I also never heard anyone speak badly of Yau.

I didn't either . I did see this:

It was the reversal of Dreamz's word to Yau-Man that revealed something unexpected about Dreamz, 25, a high school dropout who lived on the streets and later earned his GED.

"He told me when he got back he was conniving, ruthless," said Terrance Butler, 24, a friend from New Hanover High School. He told Dreamz he didn't believe him.

But Butler soon saw another side of Dreamz and joked he was a horrible person.

"I love him for how he played the game. He was never like that. He's never been like that," he said about Dreamz breaking his word. "His word is his bond.

The way I read that, it seems to me that dreamz was talking about himself, but maybe I read it wrong?

ladybugva
05-15-2007, 10:38 AM
if Dreamz is speaking bad of Yau it's probably b/c he felt guilty for what he did.

I think the quote about being coniving and ruthless was Dreamz talking about himself and his friend didn't believe him b/c that is not how Dreamz usually is.

What is it w/ his family and the nicknames? Suga, Dremz and squirrl.

cathych
05-15-2007, 10:56 AM
The thing about nicknames....(please do not blast me). Dreamz is from the projects here. Unfortunately a lot of kids here make themselves slang "gang" names that stick. He himsself picked out "dreamz" because of the dreams they had when they were young to find a better life. This is his bio: http://www.poptower.com/tv/reality/survivor/andria-dre-herd.htm

myashley89
05-15-2007, 10:58 AM
if Dreamz is speaking bad of Yau it's probably b/c he felt guilty for what he did.

I think the quote about being coniving and ruthless was Dreamz talking about himself and his friend didn't believe him b/c that is not how Dreamz usually is.

What is it w/ his family and the nicknames? Suga, Dremz and squirrl.

Thats how I was reading it too, but I wanted to make sure I was understanding it right.

ladybugva
05-15-2007, 08:42 PM
[QUOTE=TxGreek;95583951]They did give him one on one time and that's when he said he WAS giving the idol to Yau. He said he wanted to be a role model for his son.

What I meant was it would have been nice to see Dreamz come clean in the one on one time and admit then that he wasn't going to give the idol up. Like you see others do on this show (or if you watch big brother they do it a lot in the diary room) They talk stratidgy and admit to trying to get one over on some one else.

ladybugva
05-15-2007, 08:45 PM
The thing about nicknames....(please do not blast me). Dreamz is from the projects here. Unfortunately a lot of kids here make themselves slang "gang" names that stick. He himsself picked out "dreamz" because of the dreams they had when they were young to find a better life.

Thanks Cathy I figured it had something to do w/ his time on the street. I think Squirrle was the one that threw me the most. I get Dreamz reasoning though.

TxGreek
05-16-2007, 07:54 PM
What I meant was it would have been nice to see Dreamz come clean in the one on one time and admit then that he wasn't going to give the idol up. Like you see others do on this show (or if you watch big brother they do it a lot in the diary room) They talk stratidgy and admit to trying to get one over on some one else.

It's possible he did, but how suspenseful would tribal have been if we all already knew what he was going to do?

ladybugva
05-17-2007, 11:16 AM
It's possible he did, but how suspenseful would tribal have been if we all already knew what he was going to do?

good point. There is a lot of editing on the show and we get to see what the producers want us to see.