PDA

View Full Version : Any crockpot stew ideas out there????????

tsquared
01-11-2007, 11:53 AM
Supposed to be icy and nasty this weeekd so wanna fix stew.............in a crockpot....any good ideas out there>>>>>>>>
now remember ladies i am a man cooking this and can do anything you can do...........yes Sheila i can do it..........:eek:

freeby4me
01-11-2007, 12:01 PM
I'd suggest going to www.kraftfoods.com and checking out the recipes there, they got some awesome stews! Good luck with it, I can never get my thick enough lol

delSol
01-11-2007, 12:07 PM
www.crockpot.com (Rival) has a bunch too

tljohn123
01-11-2007, 12:16 PM
Here's one...its not a stew...
I usually take a turkey breast with the bone still in---salt it, dump it in the crock pot on low allllll day. Makes the house smell yummy and my kids love it. No need to add liquid, it makes its own. And if you want the skin brown, take it out and put it in the oven for a bit.

And I don't cook btw lol

sunflowers
01-11-2007, 01:57 PM
Here is one for desert...Sounds yummy,,,,,
Slow Cooker Hot Fudge Brownies
http://www.alcoa.com/reynoldskitchens/en/recipes/fudge_brownies_1104.asp

Reynolds® Slow Cooker Liner

package (about 20 oz.) brownie mix

cup chocolate syrup

cup hot water

OPEN slow cooker liner and place it inside a 5- to 6 1/2 -quart slow cooker bowl. Fit liner snugly against the bottom and sides of bowl; pull top of liner over rim of bowl.

PREPARE brownie mix according to package directions for cake-like brownies. Spread batter evenly in the lined-slow cooker bowl. Mix chocolate syrup and hot water; pour syrup mixture evenly over brownie batter. Place lid on slow cooker.

COOK on HIGH for 2 1/2 to 3 hours or until brownie edges are set.

CAREFULLY remove lid to allow steam to escape. Center may appear moist but wooden pick inserted near center should be clean. Let stand 30 minutes, uncovered, for center to set completely. Serve brownies with plastic or wooden spoon directly from slow cooker. Do not lift or transport liner with food inside. Cool slow cooker completely; remove liner and toss.

REYNOLDS KITCHENS TIP:
Hot Fudge Brownies are delicious topped with ice cream and drizzled with sauce.

nanajoanie
01-11-2007, 03:33 PM
Tom is you have a crockpot, just toss a beef roast or lots of cut up stew meat in the pot. Season with what you want, S&P, onion, garlic, bay leaf. I would peel and cut taters into chunks and ad a pkg. of the baby raw carrots. I always ad a pkg. of stew mix and also some brown gravy sauce. But you might want to add towards the end some canned taters and canned veggies of your choice. Bon Apetit.................

annie169
01-11-2007, 06:44 PM
Get those Crockpot frozen stews and pop one in. They're really yummy!! Oh and get those Reynolds crockpot liners...then all you do is pull it out and its ALLLLLL clean!!! :D

Trishntx
01-11-2007, 07:25 PM
I take 3 frozen chicken breast throw them in, add two cans of Campbells southwest chicken soup , 1 can chicken broth, 1/2 c. rice and a jalepeno. Cook for about 5 hours and take a fork and shred the chicken a little in the pot. Serve with tortillas , guacamole and sour cream and monterey Jack cheese. It is soooooo good.

MistyWolf
01-11-2007, 09:16 PM
Get a Banquet Beef Stew for the crockpot meal and some egg noodles and you got a meal. Cook the beef stew in the crockpot all day and before your ready to serve cook up some noodles .. put the stew over the noodles .. it's really good.

BeanieLuvR
01-11-2007, 09:44 PM
I take 3 frozen chicken breast throw them in, add two cans of Campbells southwest chicken soup , 1 can chicken broth, 1/2 c. rice and a jalepeno. Cook for about 5 hours and take a fork and shred the chicken a little in the pot. Serve with tortillas , guacamole and sour cream and monterey Jack cheese. It is soooooo good.

This sounds great! I love Mexican food. I am going to make it soon. Thanks!

DonnaWV
01-12-2007, 01:30 AM
Here is one for desert...Sounds yummy,,,,,
Slow Cooker Hot Fudge Brownies
http://www.alcoa.com/reynoldskitchens/en/recipes/fudge_brownies_1104.asp

Reynolds® Slow Cooker Liner

package (about 20 oz.) brownie mix

cup chocolate syrup

cup hot water

OPEN slow cooker liner and place it inside a 5- to 6 1/2 -quart slow cooker bowl. Fit liner snugly against the bottom and sides of bowl; pull top of liner over rim of bowl.

PREPARE brownie mix according to package directions for cake-like brownies. Spread batter evenly in the lined-slow cooker bowl. Mix chocolate syrup and hot water; pour syrup mixture evenly over brownie batter. Place lid on slow cooker.

COOK on HIGH for 2 1/2 to 3 hours or until brownie edges are set.

CAREFULLY remove lid to allow steam to escape. Center may appear moist but wooden pick inserted near center should be clean. Let stand 30 minutes, uncovered, for center to set completely. Serve brownies with plastic or wooden spoon directly from slow cooker. Do not lift or transport liner with food inside. Cool slow cooker completely; remove liner and toss.

REYNOLDS KITCHENS TIP:
Hot Fudge Brownies are delicious topped with ice cream and drizzled with sauce.

I have made this before, but I forgot it and it burned, so if you make it, watch it. I think it would have been good, but burned is not a taste I like