PDA

View Full Version : Anyone live in Northern California???

gemini26
01-07-2007, 10:30 PM
I'm interested in meeting anyone from northern Cali, more specifically Solano County. I am thinking about moving there and want to learn more. I have found info online but nothing beats the info one can get from those already there! I am looking at moving to the following towns: Auburn, Dixon, Vacaville, and Fairfield. Any info is greatly appreciated. I need to know about jobs, housing costs, rentals available, schools, and activities.

gemini26
01-09-2007, 12:33 PM
Bump

sunpuppy
01-09-2007, 08:25 PM
i live in Sonoma County about 40 minutes from Fairfield. Auburn is East of Sacramento toward Reno.
Vacaville and Fairfield are both growing cities. Dixon is a great small town. Try visiting the chamber of commerce sites and requesting some information. I go to all 3 and do shopping. Housing is still affordable compared to the San Francisco bay area. You are 30 minutes from Sacramento and 1 hour from San Francisco. PM me and I can try to help get more info for ya.

gemini26
01-10-2007, 12:45 PM
Thanx sunpuppy. I have requested info from the Vacaville tourist sites but will contact the local chamber of commerces. There wasn't much info for Dixon. I think I have ruled out Aubrun just due to location. I am thinking more Vacaville as number one choice right now. I have been told Fairfield is not as nice and has higher crimes and that the schools are better in Vacaville. I will pm you.

CABANN
01-10-2007, 05:09 PM
I pmed you again. I will let you know when I find out more info. I know one person who taught in Vacaville, I am waiting for her to get in touch with me.

Oh by the way Dixon is actually growing. There has been a big controversy about building a race track there..The Dixon Downs

Shadowcat
01-11-2007, 05:12 PM
I live a bit farther south... about an hour south of SF but I have family in the Davis area which is closer to the area you're talking about. I've always liked Dixon but I hear its a bit difficult lately to find jobs in the area unless you work retail. You should check out some job websites and see if there jobs listed in the area.

Fred12
01-11-2007, 05:21 PM
i live in Sonoma County about 40 minutes from Fairfield. Auburn is East of Sacramento toward Reno.
Vacaville and Fairfield are both growing cities. Dixon is a great small town. Try visiting the chamber of commerce sites and requesting some information. I go to all 3 and do shopping. Housing is still affordable compared to the San Francisco bay area. You are 30 minutes from Sacramento and 1 hour from San Francisco. PM me and I can try to help get more info for ya.

This sounds like where I was raised.... Petaluma

sunpuppy
01-13-2007, 01:21 PM
Fred12 you are right! How long ago were you here?

Fred12
01-13-2007, 01:51 PM
Fred12 you are right! How long ago were you here?

We moved from there about 1967 I lived on Lauren Drive and went to Benard Eldredge school. I lived next door to Marge and Leroy Long, I used to play with David, Vern and Janet Long when I was a kid. Dave was the police captain there a few years ago. Now the field that was just down from my house is a mall now. Memories..... LOL And we used to catch pollywogs in the creek.

sunpuppy
01-13-2007, 03:14 PM
I live on the West side of town, west of downtown in the horse and cow country. Near the High School.

Fred12
01-14-2007, 02:41 PM
I vaguely remember the high school I went to Kenilworth Jr High is it still there?

sunpuppy
01-15-2007, 01:21 PM
No they tore it down and built a new one on the East side of town.