PDA

View Full Version : Question about used cars

loveswolfs
01-04-2007, 01:36 PM
I saw a car i like that's used. It has 84,461 miles on it..2003...for $6,525...
mini van. My questions is do i take it or keep talking to the dealer about finding one with less miles...or see if i can knock in down to 5,000? with my other car my ex worked at the dealer so he took care of every thing...this time im lost???

LuvBigRip
01-04-2007, 01:45 PM
What make/model is the van?

Kelly Blue book
http://www.kbb.com/

http://www.edmunds.com/products/tmv/?mktcat=tmv&kw=blue+book&mktid=ga467911

nanajoanie
01-04-2007, 03:32 PM
The last 3 cars I have bought I went to several lots looking at the same year and make then went back to the place that had the one I bought. I found price shopping and bluebook knowledge really helped and check out auction prices. Got the price down even lower that I expected.

Main thing is be firm and don't back down. If you feel more comfortable take a male with you. The first car I bought was for Mur when he was only 16 and I got the dealer down over $2000.

loveswolfs
01-04-2007, 05:45 PM
i did the different lots and saw the same thing i did on the net...talked to a dealer i know seeing if he would help me out but because he works on the side of town i work in he dont know any dealer on my side of town so he wont help me. Most of the dealers by my work sell the big bucks cars and i dont have the money for that. i did find another one i like that has less miles & a little more money. I have been asking for months for some one in my family to help me but i get told we have lifes and were to busy..im about ready to ask my boss to help me lol...

SLance68
01-05-2007, 10:14 AM
If there is a Car-Max near you go there. You can also look up cars on line at www.Carmax.com and it will give you an idea of what the car you are looking for should sell for - they do sell some new car brands in addition to used cars. As far as going into a dealership and talking to them about a car - the more knowledge of that car and what it should sell for is your best asset. Personally I would not buy a car with almost 90,000 miles on it.