PDA

View Full Version : American Idol Fans (?)

buttrfli
12-31-2006, 04:44 PM
I only started watching AI the last couple of years and I still don't watch it all the way through (I just watch auditions)

Well they are running "AI rewind" and I am watching the first season... who is the guy with Rayn Seacrest? Is he like a sidekick or something? He never says anything, he just kind of stands there. lol

SLance68
12-31-2006, 05:12 PM
I don't remember his name but he was Ryan's side kick for the first season then they figured out that he didn't do anything and canned him.

vicky122
12-31-2006, 05:48 PM
Bryan is his first name. He was only on the first season. Can't think of his last name Dunkerman or something like that.

vicky122
12-31-2006, 05:50 PM
Found this.
Brian Dunkleman (born 1971 in Ellicottville, New York) is a comedian/actor who is best known for co-hosting the first season of American Idol on the Fox Network with Ryan Seacrest. He was never happy with his role as a co-host and described it as being like a "talking monkey." Conversely American Idol producers were not happy with his performance, and he parted ways with the show after the first season.

He has since appeared on The Tonight Show, had a recurring guest role on Two Guys and a Girl, played a stand-up comic suspected of murder in NYPD Blue, voiced himself in an episode of The Proud Family, in which the show parodied American Idol, did voices for the animated 3 South, and is acting in an independent film called Comedy Hell. He also had a small role on an episode of Friends as the man who buys the engagement ring Chandler wants to buy Monica. He recently was a co-host with Eric the Midget on "The Idol Re-cap Show" on Sirius' Howard 101.

buttrfli
12-31-2006, 09:30 PM
Thanks! So far he hasn't said anything on AI LOL I was wondering if he actually did anything

teenies*mom
01-01-2007, 09:22 AM
oh yeah - I remember him - LOL -
and don't forget guys that the new season starts in a few weeks.

DBackFan
01-01-2007, 03:12 PM
New season premiers Jan 16 and 17. :) LOVE AI! My nephew made it thru at least the first rounds and made it in front of the judges but can't tell us anymore. Sounds like its hilarious whatever it is..lol

tngirl
01-03-2007, 05:09 PM
My daughter has a couple of friends in Nashville that came to Memphis for the auditions. They didn't even make it past the first audition. It is crazy too. I don't know about one, but the other I have heard and she is wonderful!!