PDA

View Full Version : Active Duty/Retired Military?

mnvdriver
12-30-2006, 09:38 AM
The paychecks that were supposed to go in the bank today, anyone know when we are now to get them? Also the same thing with foodstamps that are supposed to come on Tuesday? Both places to call to find out are closed until WEDNESDAY.

nanajoanie
12-30-2006, 09:43 AM
I'll ask my son Mur when he gets home. He's retired from 18 years Army.

Valinda just checked online and their money was deposited yesterday. And for food stamps, don't you have to go to the place to get them?? Didn't know they mailed them out now...

belcherpi
12-30-2006, 09:45 AM
My husband is active duty and his check was deposited yesterday.

buttrfli
12-30-2006, 09:48 AM
most government checks come the last biz day before a holiday. not sure about food stamps.

mnvdriver
12-30-2006, 09:59 AM
Ours still isn't in the bank. Foodstamps now are on a card that are automatically put on on a certain day. Ours is supposed to be on the second of the month but with that being a holiday I am not sure.

nanajoanie
12-30-2006, 10:01 AM
Ours still isn't in the bank. Foodstamps now are on a card that are automatically put on on a certain day. Ours is supposed to be on the second of the month but with that being a holiday I am not sure.

Without food stamps I guess it's diet time............Sorry couldn't resist. Hopefully you have something in the fridge or cupboards or family to go to for something to eat.

mnvdriver
12-30-2006, 10:16 AM
We'll manage for food until then. We need things like milk and bread and such. I don't think the diet thing will work with 5 kids in the house. Anyone here use Navy Federal and get their retirement checks yesterday? If so we are having our DD go back there since the bank here is sssssssoooooooooooo messed up.

belcherpi
12-30-2006, 05:08 PM
I hope you get it straightened out. We use Navy Federal and our money went in as always. DH is still active duty not retired but I wouldn't think that would be much of an issue.

freeby4me
12-30-2006, 06:09 PM
I know food stamps are automatically deposited on the exact day of the month no matter if its sunday or a holiday.

Heidi
12-30-2006, 07:50 PM
We have Navy federal and we got paid last night, midnight. Hope you get yours soon!!!

mnvdriver
12-30-2006, 08:24 PM
Still waiting on it. And with us being in the state where Ford is being buried on Tuesday I KNOW the banks here will definitely be closed. Back to Navy Federal for Feb direct deposit. At least we can go to the grocery store on Tuesday.

ahippiechic
12-31-2006, 08:10 AM
My BF's dad is in Fla, retired Marine, and he said his was direct deposited on midnight on the last day of the month. (which would be tonight) He has a toll-free # for his bank, so he can call and check his balance. He said it was always that way, even if that day fell on a Holiday or weekend & the bank was closed. Also FS are added to your EBT card the same way, holiday or not.