PDA

View Full Version : How good a driver are you?

Fred12
12-29-2006, 06:18 PM
Studies show that 1 of 11 drivers can not score more than 70% on the
GMAC drivers test.

See how you do at this link: http://www.gmacinsurance.com/SafeDriving/2006/test.asp

I got 100% I had to think about a couple of them LOL

nanajoanie
12-29-2006, 06:36 PM
Only got 85%. I'm 66 and have been driving and have only had one ticket for speeding on the highway at 90 in a 65 back in 1981. Oldest son and I were driving from FL to TX straight thru, listening to the Blues Brothers "The Biscuit Song", singing and laughing. Well a cop followed us over 5 miles. The ticket was $25 and I paid him (pocket money for him) but it never went on my insurance.

Fred12
12-29-2006, 06:38 PM
I'm 53 and had one ticket in my life, I honestly was not speeding at the time. But.... I guess it makes up for other times when I was LOL

nanajoanie
12-29-2006, 06:52 PM
I'm 53 and had one ticket in my life, I honestly was not speeding at the time. But.... I guess it makes up for other times when I was LOL

I used to always drive too fast but kept my eyes moving on the lookout. Now I rarely go 5 miles over the limit cuz in this area it's all hills and curves. I taught both my sons how to drive and now the oldest is a delivery driver and has been for years. The youngest is Mur, tank driver, hazzard driver to get military brass out of danger, now limobus driver and other stuff.

Gotta tell you a funny story. Back in 1981-2 Mur had a Mustang and I had a Fiat Spider. Both were automatics. We went cruising on Main St. and both were first in line at the red light. When the light turned green I dropped into drive 1 for a fast start and beat him in a drag race. All his friends saw it. I still rub in it every chance I get. Hey, he's the one that used to take me cruising with him in his car on Fri. nights after we got off work. He taught me the tricks.:D

Fred12
12-29-2006, 07:17 PM
ROFL that is hillarious, I bet his friends ragged on him alot LOL Mom beat him. Don't ever let him forget it ROFL it's his fault for teaching you so well :)

nanajoanie
12-29-2006, 07:40 PM
He doesn't talk about cruising so I told his son that is now 17 and cruising on the weekends. So he teases his Dad.

Fred12
12-29-2006, 07:56 PM
ROFL I bet he loves that

nanajoanie
12-29-2006, 08:01 PM
And another thing Mur taught me - ATV 4 wheeling racing. He was the southeastern grand champion and won a 4 foot trophy and gave it to me. He taught me how to jump small hills, slide sideways going around turns. One day I was rough riding with a neighbor on over 100 acres showing off. Well I got a flat tire and a jammed shock at the same time and it tipped over on me. Knocked me out, broked my leg in several places. When I came too in the ambulance I cussed the EMT out for cutting a pantleg up the side and ruining a brand new pair of Gap jeans.

lisarae
12-29-2006, 08:29 PM
Knocked me out, broked my leg in several places. When I came too in the ambulance I cussed the EMT out for cutting a pantleg up the side and ruining a brand new pair of Gap jeans.

You are too funny!!!! (glad you are ok though)

missboots
12-29-2006, 08:38 PM
I got 80%. I really try to be a good driver. Only got one ticket way back.

Katt
12-29-2006, 08:45 PM
I made an 85. Damn people walking should stay out of the way. :p

Kyla Kym
12-29-2006, 09:14 PM
Your score was: 90%

And I still think I'm right on the one I missed. :rolleyes:

Here is the one I missed:
7. When waiting to make a left turn, you should give the right-of-way to vehicles coming from the opposite direction: (Select one)

a. Until at least two vehicles have passed

b. Until dangerously close cars have passed

c. Until all of the cars have passed

I picked "b" and the correct answer is "c"
But say your in town and your waiting to turn across traffic without the help of a traffic light.......are you going to wait until all the on coming cars that you can see have passed? Or are you going to take the first chance you can when you see you have plenty of time to make it safely? I've even seen cops do it the way I picked, and I've never seen anyone ever wait for all on coming traffic to be out of sight. You would be sitting there all day long if you did that. :p

So far I've been driving for 25 years and never gotten a ticket or warning. So I'm right and they are wrong! LOL :D ;)

nanajoanie
12-29-2006, 09:21 PM
Your score was: 90%

And I still think I'm right on the one I missed. :rolleyes:

Here is the one I missed:
7. When waiting to make a left turn, you should give the right-of-way to vehicles coming from the opposite direction: (Select one)

a. Until at least two vehicles have passed

b. Until dangerously close cars have passed

c. Until all of the cars have passed

I picked "b" and the correct answer is "c"
But say your in town and your waiting to turn across traffic without the help of a traffic light.......are you going to wait until all the on coming cars that you can see have passed? Or are you going to take the first chance you can when you see you have plenty of time to make it safely? I've even seen cops do it the way I picked, and I've never seen anyone ever wait for all on coming traffic to be out of sight. You would be sitting there all day long if you did that. :p

So far I've been driving for 25 years and never gotten a ticket or warning. So I'm right and they are wrong! LOL :D ;)

Most of us do that but not on a test. Gotta answer the way they want and not how we actually do.:rolleyes:

DBackFan
12-29-2006, 09:22 PM
95% for me, missed the slow moving vehicle one and answered construction.

loveswolfs
12-29-2006, 09:34 PM
A score of 70% or better is considered passing on a state written drivers test.

Happy to know i remembered some of what i learned lol..

No1Slacker
12-30-2006, 06:34 AM
National Drivers Test - Results
Your score was: 95%

Missed:

15. The following sign indicates: (Select one)

a. The right lane will end ahead

b. The highway will be divided ahead

c. Less space between lanes ahead

chose b...its a

queenangie
12-30-2006, 08:27 AM
Nana, you have hilarious stories!

I got an 85% too.

Fred12
12-30-2006, 09:18 AM
When I came too in the ambulance I cussed the EMT out for cutting a pantleg up the side and ruining a brand new pair of Gap jeans.

You had a broken leg and were knocked out and you were upset about your pants???? :D ROFL

I'm glad you didn't get anything worse, that was bad enough.

nanajoanie
12-30-2006, 09:19 AM
Nana, you have hilarious stories!

I got an 85% too.

And it's all true. I live with nuts. Glad it makes you grin.

Fred12
12-30-2006, 12:00 PM
And it's all true. I live with nuts. Glad it makes you grin.

I hope it makes you grin LOL :)

nanajoanie
12-30-2006, 12:04 PM
I hope it makes you grin LOL :)

Apology here. Sorry I took over your thread with silly stories of my family.

Fred12
12-30-2006, 12:17 PM
Apology here. Sorry I took over your thread with silly stories of my family.

Oh gosh no apology needed I loved your funny stories the one with being mad at the EMS guy that cut your pants still has me laughing :)

nanajoanie
12-30-2006, 12:41 PM
That was my first pair of expensive jeans that didn't come from the thrift shop or Walmart.:( Tice had to do the other leg in order to get them off me. He had a hard time with the thickness of the waist. He thought he might have needed industrial shears.

Fred12
12-30-2006, 12:50 PM
That was my first pair of expensive jeans that didn't come from the thrift shop or Walmart.:( Tice had to do the other leg in order to get them off me. He had a hard time with the thickness of the waist. He thought he might have needed industrial shears.

No wonder you were upset... industrial shears ROFL

nanajoanie
12-30-2006, 12:53 PM
No wonder you were upset... industrial shears ROFL

Industrial shears are bigger than me. They could have done major damage to me if the holder of the shears was mad at me.:D

Fred12
12-30-2006, 01:07 PM
:eek: :eek: glad they didn't have to use those LOL

ladyfoob
12-30-2006, 01:49 PM
I got 75%....When I took it seemed like i got them right...lol