PDA

View Full Version : What great gifts are in your house?

buttrfli
12-26-2006, 06:56 PM
So what are some of the great gifts that found their way into your house this holiday?

The best gift by far this year was the FLY pentop computer we got DD. She has been having such a blast with it and shes really been learning some stuff! I know some of the books and accessories are high, but if she stays interested in this, like she has been, they are completely worth it! Definately a great purhcase :D

The 2nd is a Mr. Coffee Cocomotion machine LOL I love that too!

and

The pint of ben and jerry's that my DD got me :D

Everyone got great stuff, but I am really impressed with the FLY :)

lisarae
12-26-2006, 07:05 PM
It got a new digital camera with printing dock, and Tommy Hilfiger purse which I meant to switch over to. And we got ds a dirt bike and its been to wet and rainy to ride it for 2 days, we give it to him on Christmas Eve. So hopefully he can go ride tomorrow. At least let the ground freeze enough to ride it for a few minutes. LOL

tngirl
12-26-2006, 07:13 PM
I got the new Zelda Game!! Yipee!! But, the most precious gift I received was from my daughter. She gave me a pretty double frame with a picture of my mother taken right before her last birthday and the other holds our last "family" picture taken on her last birthda with all of us kids and grandkids (minus my youngest neice and nephew and their older brother) piled up in the bed with her. I about cried. She also gave me another double frame with 2 beautiful pictures of her and her brother. I am always complaining that I don't have any pictures of my son and none of the two of them together.

Of course, all of my gifts were great!! And I got to spend the Holiday with the kids, so, I am one happy mommy!

Faithfully
12-26-2006, 10:58 PM
So what are some of the great gifts that found their way into your house this holiday?

The best gift by far this year was the FLY pentop computer we got DD. She has been having such a blast with it and shes really been learning some stuff! I know some of the books and accessories are high, but if she stays interested in this, like she has been, they are completely worth it! Definately a great purhcase :D

The 2nd is a Mr. Coffee Cocomotion machine LOL I love that too!

and

The pint of ben and jerry's that my DD got me :D

Everyone got great stuff, but I am really impressed with the FLY :)

"Mr. Coffee Cocomotion machine"

I bought one of those a few weeks ago, and just LOVE it!!!!!

JKATHERINE
12-27-2006, 06:27 AM
Hmmmm. My favorite gift is the GC to a nearby DaySpa. Adam thought that I needed a day of pampering--especially a good massage. :) My sister got me a Rival Food Saver and my SIL got me Tempurpedic slippers! They are so comfy!

ladyfoob
12-27-2006, 06:54 AM
For me and my husband the best gifts we got from his dad was New Frying pans and New siverware.

As for my son the best gift for him is the Trampline and the screen that goes around it. My son's friends was over all day yesterday playing on it. My son was so worn out from playing all day that he fell asleep at 6pm...lol;)

donnakc
12-27-2006, 07:17 AM
A few years ago I chose to sell my diamond ring.....well, I recieved a new one along with a diamond band!!!!! It's much nicer than the one I had!!! I love it!!!

buttrfli
12-27-2006, 09:23 AM
A few years ago I chose to sell my diamond ring.....well, I recieved a new one along with a diamond band!!!!! It's much nicer than the one I had!!! I love it!!!

What a great surprise!

crystal_19
12-27-2006, 10:48 AM
I have 11 GREAT GIFTS in my house right now!

Last night 11 of our family members from Michigan pulled up in our driveway down in Mississippi!! It was the best Christmas gift for me and mom!!

Pepsi4me
12-27-2006, 12:17 PM
The MP3 players, Build a bear gift cards & Password Journals we got our daughters were a big hit among other things.

I got my hubby a washington Redskins shirt & Sudoko electronic game that he loves.

Hubby got me an MP3 player which is great because I love listening to music & an electric razor. I knew about the MP3 player but the razor was a surprise.

Heidi
12-27-2006, 12:56 PM
We received about $400 in gift cards for various places. Guess our family members weren't feeling very creative this year. We sure don't mind though!

evrita
12-27-2006, 02:30 PM
My daughter loves her 2 ft stuffed animal Maubo (sp) from Happy feet she loves penguins and it is soft and cuddly. Mine was seeing my brother and his family via web cam for over an hour and my DD wasnt feeling weel but we didnt have to make an ER trip YEAH for us !!

nanajoanie
12-27-2006, 03:02 PM
My best gifts were my family including the 4 I live with, plus oldest son, oldest grandgirl, and a phone call from my oldest grandson in FL that he is coming up to NC the first part of Jan. I have the most wonderful family and that's what life is all about.

moogle
12-28-2006, 06:51 AM
My brand new LG steamwasher and matching dryer in Wild Cherry!
With pedestals underneath.

We finally found a house and closed on it the Wednesday before
Christmas. While we were looking at houses, I was told I could get
the washer and dryer I wanted, so I did!!!! The color is just beautiful, too.

freeby4me
12-28-2006, 06:57 AM
I got a brand new electric skillet and its the best! (My new toy LOL) but DS just loves his toys, he got a soft dart gun, a big wireless remote control monster truck then he got a leappad plus writing system (He's actually reading and writing with it!!) then he got his very own toolset (real tools :eek: ) and a small set of magnetix and DH also got him one of those craftsmen small engine blocks that you put together on the table (Its plastic and see-through) and DH put that together LOL So all in all this was an awesome Christmas here for us! DS is so spoiled this year :D

crystal_19
12-28-2006, 08:26 AM
My brand new LG steamwasher and matching dryer in Wild Cherry!
With pedestals underneath.

OHHHHH, I have had my eye on one of those since they came out. You will have to let me know how it works for you!!!! Good for you!!!

tammy77
12-28-2006, 09:11 AM
The best present I got was from my mom.My grandma passed away in Jan and while my mom was going through her stuff she found 5 little cross stitches my grandma had finished.Well my mom put backs on them and lace around them and made them into ornaments.She wrote on the back my grandmas name,date of birth and the day she passed away.It was like getting one last present from her.

I also got a beautiful butterfly ring and car stereo from Dh and a lot of other things from my family.

tljohn123
12-28-2006, 09:43 AM
"Mr. Coffee Cocomotion machine"

I bought one of those a few weeks ago, and just LOVE it!!!!!

I gotta ask...what is this?

Airbuswife
12-28-2006, 03:25 PM
i would have to say that besides the gift of all our family being together, my favorite gift isnt in the house, its in the GARAGE!! :D My hubby got me a new '07 Jeep Wrangler unlimited (4 door!)

April
12-28-2006, 08:45 PM
Family love.

missboots
12-30-2006, 09:11 PM
One gift I got a paper shredder, I've been wanting one. I put it on the top of my list this year.

queenangie
12-30-2006, 09:48 PM
Yes, we received nice gifts.

The best for me was on Christmas Eve, having my elderly parents over for a big dinner, using Mom's china,
having a delightful family dinner with DH, our two sons, and the parents
with lots of family love,
and then DH and the boys doing the dishes by hand and cleaning up the kitchen.

What more could any lady ask for?

And that none of my Mom's china broke during the process.

TeeNcee
12-31-2006, 12:45 AM
I got my Dyson vaccum i have been wanting since they came out :) It is the best!! Son got his psp, the look on his face was priceless! my other 2 sons got their portable dvd players (yea quiet trips in the car now lol)
The cocomotion i have had for a year now & that is the best hot chocolate ever!!

No1Slacker
12-31-2006, 07:12 AM
I got my son a Nintendo DS lite and a Final Fantasy III game. He practically sleeps with it.

I have never had so much computer time!

No1Slacker
12-31-2006, 07:15 AM
crystal_19

Re: What great gifts are in your house?
I have 11 GREAT GIFTS in my house right now!

Last night 11 of our family members from Michigan pulled up in our driveway down in Mississippi!! It was the best Christmas gift for me and mom!!

That must have been wonderful!