PDA

View Full Version : Anyone live in or near Pigeon Forge Tennessee?

Angeleyez
12-26-2006, 01:37 AM
I'm goint to Pigeon Forge next weekend and I hear the Boyds Bear factory is closing and is having a Huge sale on everything, just wondering if anyone was close enough by to check it out and see??

Hope everyone had a Merry Christmas!!!!!!!!!

Patricia

suprtruckr
12-26-2006, 10:21 AM
http://www.boydsstuff.com/newz/PF_PressRelease.html

Pigeon Forge Retail Location to Close
Gettysburg, PA - August 29, 2006 -The Boyds Collection, Ltd., a leading designer and manufacturer of unique, whimsical and "Folksy With Attitude(SM)" gifts and collectibles, announced today that it will be closing its Pigeon Forge, Tennessee retail location in January 2007.

"The decision to close the Pigeon Forge location was the result of a careful evaluation of the company's direction and resources. We need to continue to focus attention on our core business of creating and delivering quality products and strengthening our wholesale business," commented Bob Coccoluto, Boyds' CEO. "We want to thank everyone in the Pigeon Forge community, especially our dedicated associates, for all of their support."

The Company will continue to operate its 120,000 square foot flagship retail location, located in Gettysburg, Pennsylvania. "The Gettysburg store will remain a key part of our business and be an important showcase for our products," said Mr. Coccoluto. "Additionally, we are working on a number of initiatives focused on promoting and supporting the many retailers who have customers visiting the Gettysburg store throughout the year. Announcements of these initiatives will be made in the upcoming weeks.

About The Boyds Collection, Ltd. The Boyds Collection, Ltd. is a leading designer and manufacturer of unique, whimsical and "Folksy with Attitude(SM)" gifts and collectibles, known for their high quality and affordable pricing. The Company sells its products through a large network of retailers, as well as at Boyds Bear Country™ in Gettysburg, Pennsylvania - "The world's most humongous teddy bear store." Information about Boyds can be found at www.boydsstuff.com

tarbabie
12-26-2006, 10:23 AM
According to the directions - we will be real close. I will be there on the 30th for the day. The store is open normally from 10am to 6pm. I called and they were closed today due to bad weather. Might see ya there! Just go to the boyd's bear factory link and print off directions. They are really close to the number 10...

Angeleyez
12-26-2006, 11:12 AM
Thanks for the information you guys. i can't wait to go, I Love Boyds !!!!!! Hope you have a great day there !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!