PDA

View Full Version : I need help finding someone. Anyone up for a challenge?

DrGrin
12-14-2006, 03:12 PM
Here's the information that I have.

**Info removed**We haven't found anything as of yet with an address, however there is something on one of the pictures that was a snapshot of a camping trip in South Carolina.

If I find any additional information that might help locate this person, I will add it in the original post of this thread when I find it.

This quite possibly might be like looking for a needle in a haystack.

I found two hits on the name on smartpages.com. I can't get an answer at either phone number yet, but will try to call those again later tonight.

~~~

Here is why I'd like to find this person:

I have a relative who buys out mini storage places where people end up not paying up and lose their stuff as a result of not being able to pay. He goes through these items and resells a lot of it at his thrift store. However, we like to try and locate people when we come across items of a very personal nature if there is any type of information that might lead us to the original owner of those items.

I have the following items in my hands. A High School Diploma, College Diploma and Several family photos which covers several generations.

I know if this person is still living-- they would probably love to have these items returned to them.

If you know this person and can send me a current address or phone number that I can contact them-- or know an immediate relative of this person that can identify some of this stuff, I would be happy to ship this stuff back to them at no cost to them.

I know I would be forever grateful if I'd lost this stuff due to lack of money to pay for mini storage if someone found it and were willing to get it all back to me.

*****PERSON HAS BEEN FOUND THANKS TO A LITTLE HELP FROM HERE. THANKS EVERYONE!!!!!*****

buttrfli
12-14-2006, 03:18 PM
Gardening : Shopping : Savvy Plant Shopping : Home & Garden Television (http://www.hgtv.com/hgtv/gl_plants_shopping/article/0,1785,HGTV_3613_1374779,00.html)

"It's best to tag us anytime between Monday and Friday," said Michael Houseal, a salesman at Sam Stringer Nursery and Garden Center in Memphis, Tennessee.

buttrfli
12-14-2006, 03:19 PM
SAM STRINGER NURSERY & GARDEN 901-458-3109

2974 Poplar Ave
Memphis, TN 38111

buttrfli
12-14-2006, 03:20 PM
want me to call too? LOL!! :D

hope thats him :)

freeby4me
12-14-2006, 03:23 PM
Wow thats really really nice of you DrGrin!! Alot of people would just throw that stuff away but for you to go out of your way is pretty amazing!

DrGrin
12-14-2006, 03:31 PM
Already called every Stringer's nursery in Memphis. No employee by that name. :(

DrGrin
12-14-2006, 03:33 PM
I've been looking now online for a couple of hours since I had time to kill. I keep hitting dead ends. I am eventually going to find something that leads somewhere. I just know there are a few people who love the thrill of a good search. I'll even go a step farther. If someone here finds the info that leads me to this person, I will send the person who gives me the tip a nice little surprise in their mailbox. :) That should make this search a little more fun. :D

buttrfli
12-14-2006, 03:34 PM
I don't need a surprise... I like to hunt down people :D

Did you watch dateline last night? Where they talked about the theory of 6 degrees of seperation? It was really interesting... wonder if we can make that work here?

Fred12
12-14-2006, 03:38 PM
Wow thats really really nice of you DrGrin!! Alot of people would just throw that stuff away but for you to go out of your way is pretty amazing!

I agree. What a great person you are!! :) I hope you find the person you are looking for.

buttrfli
12-14-2006, 03:41 PM
did you try the BBOL? Free Public Record Searches (http://www.blackbookonline.info/index.html)

I find lots of nifty info there :D

pepperpot
12-14-2006, 03:53 PM
try these hits.... (http://www.zabasearch.com/query1_zaba.php?sname=Michael%20Lawrence%20Houseal&state=ALL&ref=&se=&doby=&city=&name_style=1)
One of them may even be a relative if not him...

buttrfli
12-14-2006, 03:54 PM
IF he's a member of U of M alumni, try to see if a member can locate him for ya Alumni Association Chapters and Clubs :: University of Memphis (http://www.memphis.edu/alumni/chapters.html)

let us know if you find him :D

PJDancer
12-14-2006, 04:11 PM
WhitePages.com - Online Directory Assistance (http://www.whitepages.com/10001/search/FindPerson?firstname_begins_with=1&firstname=&name=Houseal&city_zip=&state_id=TN&default_listing=phone&listing=mixed)

that is a white pages search in tenn--not a very popular last name, so one of them is bound to be a relative (there are only 9).

PJDancer
12-14-2006, 04:13 PM
also there is a mike housean in ia--you never know, he could have moved:

Houseal, Beth & Mike
2186 Waters Way

Washington, IA 52353-9396

(319) 653-2407

YankeeMary
12-14-2006, 04:24 PM
IF he's a member of U of M alumni, try to see if a member can locate him for ya Alumni Association Chapters and Clubs :: University of Memphis (http://www.memphis.edu/alumni/chapters.html)

let us know if you find him :D

You have to pay to join to be able to search the alumni.

YankeeMary
12-14-2006, 04:40 PM
I tried searching MySpace, no luck, but that means nothing beings most search features hate me.

My guess he is something like 57-60 years old. You said you have a picture. Is he a black man? I found a black man on myspace, that might fit the criteria.

DrGrin
12-14-2006, 05:16 PM
I found his aunt!! I have an address to send to. Wow... that was quick! :D Didn't take as long as I thought it was going to take.

YankeeMary
12-14-2006, 05:19 PM
I found his aunt!! I have an address to send to. Wow... that was quick! :D Didn't take as long as I thought it was going to take.

Wonderful!!! Do tell...how did you find her?

DrGrin
12-14-2006, 05:44 PM
Started calling numbers in Memphis, Tennessee with the same last name from the list posted in a link above. Got lucky on the second person who answered. She told me they were ALL related. There were like 30 neices and nephews. She was his 80 yr old aunt. :D She couldn't remember which one was his dad, but she DID have an address for me to get the stuff back into the hands of the family. I am putting it in the mail tomorrow. She said this is such a neat Christmas present, and she is going to take it to the family Christmas dinner and put it back into his hands. She wanted my phone number so he can call to thank me for returning it. :D I will have to look back on the previous page to get the ID of the person who posted that list... but since their list led me in the right direction, I have a small starbucks gc I would like to send them. Then maybe they can have a cup of something from starbucks on me. :D

I appreciate the help very much!! :D

DrGrin
12-14-2006, 05:46 PM
WhitePages.com - Online Directory Assistance (http://www.whitepages.com/10001/search/FindPerson?firstname_begins_with=1&firstname=&name=Houseal&city_zip=&state_id=TN&default_listing=phone&listing=mixed)

that is a white pages search in tenn--not a very popular last name, so one of them is bound to be a relative (there are only 9).

This is the tip that led me to the family. Please PM me your address if you'd accept this little "thank you" for your help. I have a little Starbucks GC I'd like to send to you. :)

donnakc
12-14-2006, 06:26 PM
Where is Christian Bros. HS located? I can try to find him on Classamtes.com.

PJDancer
12-14-2006, 10:56 PM
This is the tip that led me to the family. Please PM me your address if you'd accept this little "thank you" for your help. I have a little Starbucks GC I'd like to send to you. :)

omg you are so sweet!!!!!!thank you so much, i LOVE starbuck's but am short on money these days, so this is such a wonderful treat!!!!!