PDA

View Full Version : Post-weekend whine

TexasGal
11-26-2006, 09:34 PM
I don't go out much. Okay, I never go out. I go to school, go to work, do my homework, do my housework, and spend as much quality time as possible with my daughter who is in her last year of high school and will be off to college next year.

I haven't been in a relationship for a VERY long time (years) because my top priorities are my daughter and school. I get asked out often and have a few that have been persistent, but no one that I feel is worth wasting my time on. A few weeks ago I had some work done on my house and was asked out by the contractor. I really liked him so I said yes. We went out Friday night and had a great time and he asked for another date. Yesterday he called and hinted around that he was wanting to go do something and I told him that I had a paper I had to finish and next weekend would be better.

I finished my paper today and decided to call him. I used my cell phone to call his cell phone, but before I could leave a voice mail my home phone started ringing and I hung up. When I got off the phone I called again and was going to leave a voice mail and a woman answered the phone. I didn't know what to do, so I just hung up. I expected her to call back, but she didn't. I know he has been divorced for two years and don't know if the woman was the girlfriend he forgot to mention or what. I really liked this one too, that stinks! :(

Then to top it all off, I hit a deer in my car last night. It only messed up my headlights and the deer walked away, but there goes my christmas money. That stinks too!:(

mnvdriver
11-26-2006, 11:17 PM
It could have been his sister. I'd try him back in a day or two.

DonnaWV
11-27-2006, 04:45 AM
It could have been anybody, maybe just a friend. If you like him, call him back.

silvermist
11-27-2006, 07:05 AM
It could have been his sister. I'd try him back in a day or two.

That's exactly what I was going to post the other day but kind of held back in case you found offense. I wouldn't jump to conclusions or get hyped up about it at all and would have asked from the start who it was. It's normal you know? Plus if he sees you on his machine hanging up he might be a bit weirded out by it, because honestly I know I would be. So try to clear up the air between you :) Sorry to hear about your car. I hate when unexpected expenses pop up.

TexasGal
11-27-2006, 08:54 PM
Oh my, I can't believe I got on my pity pot and posted this. Lol :o I did sit back and wait until he called me. He told me who it was and it was a good story. I guess I'll just tread carefully. I went to get an estimate on my car today and they want $864.00 to fix my left headlamp assembly! That's outrageous! Good thing my headlights still work because it won't be getting fixed anytime soon.

andreame70
11-28-2006, 06:55 PM
$864! Holy Moly! You might want to think about checking with junk yards in your area and see if a used one for your make and model is available. You could probably get one for less than $100.

I am glad that he explained who the person was that answered the phone. Since you don't have a clear reason not to trust him, you are right in treading lightly and seeing where things go. I hope things work out with him and the car too.

Andrea