PDA

View Full Version : Why don't people just tell the truth?

DonnaWV
11-09-2006, 05:30 PM
My Son is looking for some land to buy. He read an add in the paper, called the seller and talked to him 2 different times. The seller said that the house sat on 7 acres of land, and the garden space was about 2 acres, the house needed to be destoryed, to bad to live in. This evening my hubby and I drive all most a hour to see the place. The 7 acres of land was more like 1/2 acre, and the garden space less than that. My Son was so excited about this, there was a total of 48 acres, and I was going to go 1/2 with him. I don't understand why the person just didn't tell the truth, its not like we wouldn't know after we looked at the property. Thanks for letting me vent.

andreame70
11-09-2006, 06:33 PM
That was pretty stupid for a seller to grossly overstate the acreage like that. Do you suppose that the seller is counting any uncleared "wooded" part of it?

Andrea

killbarney
11-09-2006, 06:42 PM
I would definitely ask for a deed or a survey showing where the property lines are. I can't think someone would overstate it by THAT much :eek:

tsquared
11-09-2006, 07:07 PM
sounds like he was trying to jack up the offer by spicing up the story.........is there a realtor involved??? If there is i would be getting all the information i could through them

freeby4me
11-10-2006, 05:58 AM
Perhaps it would be worth it to you guys to use that Google Earth program. I know you can download it but if you want real-time it costs money (I dont know how much or anything) But that way you can check out alot of places right from home!! I do agree that it was very wrong of that guy but unfortunately thats going to happen ALOT :(

ladyfoob
11-10-2006, 09:24 AM
I really don't why he/she had to lie. But, I was kinda in the same situtaion couple years ago when i got my place. But, it was in my favor. They told us it was only 1/2 acre. But, when I got here to check it out. They was way more then 1/2. I still haven't been all the way back. Because, its mostly woods and picker bushes. But, I extimate it at least 5 acres. :confused:

hblueeyes
11-10-2006, 11:30 AM
If this is thru a realtor, BUY. then sue for not being honest and you will make out.

me :p