PDA

View Full Version : My manager is being A jerk about My Vacation & Surgery

Pepsi4me
11-08-2006, 01:39 PM
I told my Deli Manager 3-4 weeks before my surgery(NovaSure Ablation) was scheduled that I would probably be having it done the 2 or 3rd week of November & that I would probably just do my vacation then. Last week I told him that I would be having the surgery on Nov 14th & that the Dr said there is no restrictions after & that I would just need 2-3 days to recover. So I decided instead of calling the store insurance(getting 50 percent pay) since it was just 2-3 days recovery that I would just do my Vacation on Nov 14,15,16,17 & 18th.
Now the store manager wants a Dr's note saying when the surgery is & what restrictions I will have. He is also upset that I am taking my vacation at this time(I have to use it by the end of December or I lose it & dont get paid for it).

Im just wondering why the store manager is just hearing about my situation this past week from the deli manager(He told him on Monday). I have kept the deli manager notified about what has been going on but, he failed to let the store manager know weeks ago.

I should of known that the Deli manager was going to drop the ball on this.

Anyway I have to go on Monday(the day before my surgery) to get the note from the Dr's office which is 20 mins away & then bring back to the store. I cant go pick it up before then because I have no way of getting there.

I just needed to vent because I had a very bad day today. I really didnt need this aggravation right before my surgery.

Thanks everyone!

nosamiam
11-08-2006, 02:09 PM
You should have the Dr's office fax the note to the store manager.

hblueeyes
11-08-2006, 02:53 PM
I would ask my doctor to say I need tjhose days for recovery. Take the 50% and then you still have your vacation. 2 can play at that game.

Me :p

Pepsi4me
11-08-2006, 02:54 PM
I called the DR's & they are going to fax the note to the store manager tomorrow.

I just know that The deli manager probably told the store manager that I just told him this week that I wanted my vacation & about the surgery. Thats the kind of peron he is. He would do that just to cover his own butt. Well tomorrow Im going to talk to the store manager & let him know that I actually told the deli manager about this back on Oct 5th.

freeby4me
11-08-2006, 03:38 PM
Yes I would be going in there and telling the store manager that you've been keeping YOUR boss informed and that you're sorry YOUR boss didnt inform HIS boss. Maybe that'll show the Store manager just what kind of a person he has in charge back there :rolleyes: I really hope everything works out good for ya!!

loveswolfs
11-08-2006, 03:44 PM
I would of been talking to the store manager too beside's your deli manager just so the jerk couldnt do what he is doing to you. I hope you get your vacation. You really dont know how you are going to feel after the surgery. Your doc might say 2 to 3 days is all the rest you need but your body might tell you a little longer. I know mine did when i had surgery threw my belly button. I was told you will be better my monday ( had it done on a friday) ya right..i end up taking the week off i was in such pain, plus it took that long to button my pants.

Freebeemom
11-08-2006, 04:48 PM
Is your job union?

Pepsi4me
11-08-2006, 04:50 PM
Im having an Endometrial Ablation/Burning off the lining of the Uterus(NovaSure). There's no incision as its done right through the vagina/cervix...etc...(sorry TMI......LOL!) & the Dr said I'd be ok in 2-3 days but I have read from others that sometimes it takes about a week.

Thanks everyone!

Pepsi4me
11-08-2006, 04:58 PM
Yes,We have a union.

loveswolfs
11-08-2006, 10:23 PM
Yes,We have a union.
Well if work gives you any more problems i would be giving them a call. Thats why you pay your dues so they can help you. I just hope they are not like the union i had..every time we would call on the boss's we would hear " well if it happens again then we will step in". ya right...not.

swan0002
11-09-2006, 12:37 AM
They are lucky that ur willing to use vacation time for this. Good luck to you!

Pepsi4me
11-09-2006, 01:21 AM
Thank you.

Yes,I thought it was nice that I was using my vacation instead of calling the store insurance because its only a couple of days.

Iam talking to the store manager Thurs morning & telling hin that I know he just heard about this all 3 days ago but I did tell the deli manager the 1st week of Oct about it & I gave him a definete date on Oct 31st.

I will not be the one looking bad when I did nothing wrong.

Pepsi4me
11-10-2006, 09:50 AM
Well I talked to the store manager today because he wasnt there yesterday.
I told him that It was clear from my deli manager that he just told him this past Monday about my vacation & surgery. He said yes that was true. I told him that I had kept the deli manager informed all along about what was going on. I told him since the 1st week of October I told the deli manager that I would probably be having surgery & that I would take my vacation at that time & that I didnt just spring it on him at the last minute. He said thank you & he hoped my surgery went well.

I feel better now. I was so mad because I just know the deli manager probably told the store manager that I just barely told him about it just to cover his butt.

grotongirl
11-12-2006, 08:51 PM
I had this procedure done and I was back
to work the next day. It really is not that
big of a deal. Best thing I ever did. I
surely don't miss my monthly visits. It has
been 2 years and I feel great....
Good luck to you.

jonette5
11-12-2006, 10:53 PM
I don't want to scare you but I had that surgery done last year and it was the worst thing I have ever had done to me, and I have had 4 back surgeries. It was the most excruciating pain I have ever been in and it did not work. The following month I got my period just has long and bad as before. I would advise anyone against it. I had it done in August and in November had a hysterectomy. They did the hysterectomy completely vaginally, I had no incissions and felt great afterwards. Also two ladies I know had the ablation this year and theirs did not work either and they ended up with hysterectomies.

I wish you the best of luck and hope it works for you. Sending prayers. Also glad things got straightened out at work for you.

andreame70
11-13-2006, 03:41 AM
I am glad that you were able to iron things out at work. The store manager needed to know the truth and I applaud for you for going above your supervisor and letting the manager know how things happened.

I also hope that your surgery goes well and that it works for you. When I had my gallbladder taken out a few years ago, they did it laproscopically (sp?) Everyone told me it was a piece of cake, they were great in 2 days, etc. It was not nearly as easy for me as they said, but I dealt with it. Basically what I am trying to say is that everyone reacts differently, even to the same procedures. If things don't go quite as smooth as you expect, it will be okay and you will deal with it as it comes along. It is good that you took a few extra days off, just in case. I will say a little prayer for you.

Andrea

Pepsi4me
11-13-2006, 05:36 AM
Thank you. I do feel better after talking to the store manager.

I go in tomorrow(Nov 14th) for the NovaSure Ablation.

Juli67
11-13-2006, 02:15 PM
I've had two surgeries in 2 1/2 monthes. The first one boy did my boss have a hissy fit. I took a medical leave 2 weeks before surgery. I was so sick because I had the infection that I didn't even know I had.
I work in the deli at a Meijer grocery store. I was supposed to have a complete hysterectomy back on august 11 but he opened me up thinking he was going to do it. He ran into a big problem. I had a major infection. I had to get that cleared up and healed from that. I went back to work on September 25 until october 21st. Had the 2nd surgery which was the complete hysterectomy on October 24th. Got the staples out last wednesday. Will be going back to work the 1st week of december.

Juli67

andreame70
11-14-2006, 04:18 AM
Good luck Pepsi4me. I will be thinking about you today as you go through the procedure.

Andrea

Pepsi4me
11-14-2006, 08:28 AM
Thank you!