PDA

View Full Version : My NovaSure Ablation is scheduled for November 14th!

Pepsi4me
11-01-2006, 01:53 PM
Went to the Dr today for biopsy results & it all came back good.
We scheduled the NovaSure for November 14th. Its being done in a local surgical office & not the hospitol. Which Im happy about so I wont be bumped for someone else's surgery. The Dr is doing it on his lunch hr because he said they usually only do it on Thurs & Fri but, my hubby works those days(has no vacation left) so he said he would do it on Tues Nov 14th on his lunch hour.

Im so happy!

I cant wait to get this bleeding under control & not have it effect my life so much.
For the last 2 yrs I have been bleeding very heavy/bad cramps & then in the last 1 1/2 yrs extremly bad cramps,heavy bleeding with golf ball size clots. I have a period every 2 weeks that last 8-10 days.

It's a quick procedure & then just a couple hrs in recovery then I go home with my pain med. Dr said after 2-3 days I should be ok.

Its a procedure where they burn off the lining of the uterus. It's suppose to stop or lighten a period.

Wish me luck & quick recovery! :D

NoFoolPrice
11-01-2006, 02:41 PM
Sorry you have had such problems, but isn't modern medicine wonderful? I'm so glad they can do something to help with your pain. Wishing you a speedy recovery!

Pepsi4me
11-01-2006, 03:49 PM
Sorry you have had such problems, but isn't modern medicine wonderful? I'm so glad they can do something to help with your pain. Wishing you a speedy recovery!

Yes, modern medicine is great. My mother had the same problems & at 37 she had to have a partial hysterectomy. So Im lucky they have other options.

I just hope it all works out & helps me.

Thanks for the good wishes.

Cathy

Juli67
11-01-2006, 03:49 PM
Just wanted to let you know I had my hysterectomy and the endometrial cancer was contained in the uterus and now it's gone. I had a complete meaning fallopian tubes,ovaries and cervix all gone.
Good luck with everything.
juli

Pepsi4me
11-01-2006, 04:01 PM
Just wanted to let you know I had my hysterectomy and the endometrial cancer was contained in the uterus and now it's gone. I had a complete meaning fallopian tubes,ovaries and cervix all gone.
Good luck with everything.
juli

Wow how are you doing now? Was it a long recovery?

Im hoping this will help & maybe avoid a hysterectomy.

Juli67
11-01-2006, 06:09 PM
I had it done on october 24th. i came home october 28th. I get my staples out on November 8th. I'm doing ok but pretty sore. after i get the staples out i will be ok.

tarbabie
11-01-2006, 06:26 PM
Hugs to you! keeping finger crossed for a speedy recovery! Take care!

ang in NC
11-01-2006, 09:32 PM
Good Luck, I had a vaginal hystertomy. Best thing ever did. Was up and walking 2 miles in a week.

Aloha from paradise
11-02-2006, 05:49 PM
Good luck! Hope this helps with the problem :)