PDA

View Full Version : Anyone use Grease bullet?

bcjjhh
10-23-2006, 10:49 AM
Hey all, wondering if anyone has used these grease bullets that they sell http://www.asseenontv.com/prod-pages/grease_bullet.html

I would love to get them as I have a few glass bakeware pans that I just can't seem to get clean, even with a good scrubbing with sos, but I want to make sure they will really work.

any help is appreciated.

tracey74
10-23-2006, 04:10 PM
did you know if you spray oven cleaner on a pan,bakeware,etc and put them in a plastic bag(garbage bag) and tie it.and let it sit a few days it will usually come clean when you wash it?. Ive done that several times and it does work on most items. or what my MIL used to do was put soapy water in bakeware or a pot or pan and bring it to a boil on the stove.and it usually loosens anything baked on or hard to come off. HTH

Kyla Kym
10-23-2006, 09:41 PM
That have that stuff at Walgreen's now. I'm curious if it works too.

Tracy I use to do that with my stove racks. My oven is self cleaning, but the racks never come clean, so thats what I do with them. Just be sure and get the over night kind, because some of them you have to heat the oven first before spraying it on. You couldn't very well heat up stuff and drop in a plastic trash bag. LOL

I do that boil thing to, and when the water is boiling I put a paper towel or dish rag in the water and push it around with a spatula to help scrub it. This works great for when you clean your cast iron pots. It gets all the crude out of the pores and doesn't leave a soapy taste like when you wash them in the sink.

bcjjhh
10-24-2006, 05:11 AM
I will definately try your suggestions and see if they help, I just love this particular baking dish and it does look icky and I want it to look like new again