PDA

View Full Version : Tickle Me Elmo

Out2Lunch
09-19-2006, 06:50 PM
Anyone buy one today? I just called my Wally World and they had 1 left. They held it until I got there. Have you seen what they are going for on Ebay???? Good Lord. One is at $305. I swear I think I'm gonna sell it. My sons b-day is in Feb when Im sure they will be more plentiful. ;)

Crys101
09-19-2006, 06:57 PM
if i were you i would sell. i bet they will have them by your sons birthday. after reading your post i had to check out ebay. OMG!!!!! i wish i had some extra money to go and buy one.

ladyfoob
09-19-2006, 08:01 PM
I remember the old Tickle Me Elmo. What is so different about this one? My son is told old for this toy. Actully, when he was younger he really didn't get into Elmo. I just don't understand how its going like crazy off the shelves. If someone could let me know. Thanks :)

kyswpgrl
09-19-2006, 08:31 PM
Yeah I had like 2 or 3 different Elmos that were purchased for my dd (born in 96) that she never really played with. However ds (born in 99) LOVED them! He was always wanting to watch "Melmo". I got rid of them all after a few years because they were worn. Wonder if my new ds will like Elmo as well? LOL So what's different about the new one?

Willow
09-19-2006, 08:58 PM
My son had one when he was younger. I didn't realize that they had become popular again or is this a different version. :confused:

DonnaWV
09-20-2006, 03:26 AM
I was at wally world yesterday, saw them, but didn't look at what they were going for. They had several.

kyswpgrl
09-20-2006, 03:28 AM
Maybe I should drop by Walmart today then. I didn't know anything about it, so perhaps there's not a craze around here? LOL I could pick one up to give to ds for Christmas. :)

DonnaWV
09-20-2006, 03:31 AM
I checked out the one on ebay, WOW I wish I had bought some. Do people realy pay that kind of money for one toy for their kids? To rich for my blood.

lisarae
09-20-2006, 04:38 AM
OMG, I could kick myself in the butt!! We sat and watched them yesterday at the toy store but never bought one!! They are super cute though, you tickle him and he laughs and laughs, He rolls on the floor slapping the floor bending over, rolling over, and then stands back up.

PrincessArky
09-20-2006, 04:52 PM
OMG, I could kick myself in the butt!! We sat and watched them yesterday at the toy store but never bought one!! They are super cute though, you tickle him and he laughs and laughs, He rolls on the floor slapping the floor bending over, rolling over, and then stands back up.

I know what you mean......once I saw him on tv and my son was laughing in the floor I thought OMG what have I done :( we had the original when it came out..........people were paying $$$$ and I had 3 that I didnt sell but gave as gifts :)

kyswpgrl
09-20-2006, 06:28 PM
Went to Target with my Mom this morning and saw someone headed to the checkout with one of the dolls. We walked straight back to toys and there were 4 left. I bought one to put back for my baby for Christmas and it was $39.99. In hindsight, I wish I had bought another to sell on Ebay that would have paid for his Christmas. LOL Oh well...

Then today someone posted a link on another board for a new Barbie Loves Tickle Me Elmo doll that is too cute! It actually comes with a mini Elmo that giggles. I just may have to get one or two of those as well. ;)

http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2300502

http://trus.imageg.net/graphics/product_images/pTRU1-2872902reg.jpg

Goobie
09-21-2006, 08:37 AM
There are a few out there who pay outrageous amounts for stuff like that but look at how many people are trying to get money for them. There are over 10,000 auctions and this too shall pass (ie XBox 360)...if you are wanting to sell, good luck with that, if you are wanting to buy, wait about a week, people will be giving them away on eBay knowing they wasted money on overstocking hoping to make a quick buck!

ladyfoob
09-21-2006, 08:50 AM
Wow this Tickle Me Elmo thing is crazy. In my hometown they opened a new SuperWalmart Center yesterday morning. Those Tickle Me Elmo's were sold out in 10 minutes. :confused:

chasity43
09-21-2006, 09:29 AM
you should check them out at amazon. Iwas looking around in there yesterday and they want $299 for the tmx elmo. Now I understand ebay is auctioning, it depends how much these people want one and they'll pay alot. But amazon???? How can they sell this thing for $299 when they sell at walmart for $40?

Out2Lunch
09-21-2006, 09:46 AM
I am still holding on to mine. E-bay was tempting, but I know my son will really love this. E-bay has also become saturated with them, BTW, and are not selling for near as much anymore. I think Amazon is sold out(I have not checked in a few days) and the $299 is people selling in the marketplace. Not sure though as I have not checked.... ;)