PDA

View Full Version : I am one happy coffee drinker this morning!

andreame70
09-19-2006, 05:36 AM
Anyone who knows me can tell you that I am a die hard coffee drinker. It is not unusual to see me drinking coffee any time of the day and any season of the year.

A couple of weeks before Christmas last year, I was in Wal-Mart and saw this coffee maker that I just had to have. If there is any such thing as love at first sight, then it happened that day between me and that Hamilton Beach Brewstation coffeemaker. I was so love struck, I didn't even flinch at paying the outrageous price of $65 for it. I just did it.

I brought my friend home and starting using him right away. He was so cool, I fell more in love each day that passed. So, two weeks ago, I was quite devastated when my friend just up and died on me! In the spirit of the great soup Nazi, my friend abruptly stated, "No coffee for you!" Wahhhhhh.

Immediately, I went to their website to check out a possible warranty, etc. and found that it was covered for one year. I called the customer service people and explained my dilemma. They requested that I cut my friends power cord off at the end, mail it in with a check for $9.95 (for shipping) and they would ship me out a brand new one.

Late yesterday, the UPS man delivered my new friend and I am once again in love, but now with my friend's twin brother. He is a newer model, a little more sleek and sexy than his brother, but I am truly happy.

Just thought you might want to know that Hamilton Beach backs their products and to them, I say thank you!

Now I just wonder how long I can carry on this affair before my husband finds out?

Andrea

freeby4me
09-19-2006, 05:48 AM
LOL Yes to us coffee lovers, Our coffee machines are of the up-most important to us. Take our microwaves, toasters, whatever you want but do NOT take our beloved coffee machines. Let the men have their tools and cars, We'll be most happy with our caffiene fix :p :D :D
Thats really amazing that they stand behind their products like that. Next time i need an appliance, I'll definately look at the Hamilton Beach name!!

freeplease
09-19-2006, 06:06 AM
I hear you! They can pry my coffe maker out of my cold dead hands. lol

kyswpgrl
09-19-2006, 07:49 AM
You're a black widow! You used him and killed him! LOL JK I know how much it sucks when your coffee pot dies. I had a really cool one from Gevalia that I got with one of their promotions...programmable and all. It died after probably 6 months. :( Went to Walmart to buy another programmable one and refused to pay the over $40 that they cost. We wound up buying a tiny 4cup Mr Coffee one for like $20. Then dh and I both quit drinking as much coffee. LOL

diane_okay
09-19-2006, 09:09 AM
I have a brewstation and I love it! I wouldn't know what to do without mine!

ladyfoob
09-19-2006, 09:47 AM
OH I love my coffee as well. My coffee maker is really neat. You know when you want a cup of coffee so bad and you half to wait for it to finshing brewing. Well, I can pull my coffee pot out while its still brewing and it will stop brewing long enough for me to pour a cup and replace it so it can finish brewing. I got that at Walmart. ;)

tsquared
09-19-2006, 10:28 AM
I am waiting for the ones to come out that start by osmosis

DAVESBABYDOLL
09-19-2006, 01:25 PM
Coffee? Who said coffee? I LOVE coffee, like Andrea,anytime of day or season I'll drink it. I make it in the evening alot.

andreame70
09-19-2006, 01:57 PM
Here is my new love:

http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h228/andreame70/BrewStation.jpg

Hamilton Beach Brew Station Coffee Maker:
For the best tasting coffee and the ultimate in convenience, nothing beats the Hamilton Beach BrewStation. Its ingenious design has a fully enclosed brewing system, a gentle warming heater and double-wall thermal insulation that eliminates the need for a hot plate, so coffee stays warm all morning without scorching. Plus there’s no glass carafe to break - just put your mug underneath the “one-cup-at-a-time” dispenser! Also features swivel base for easy filling, 1-4 cup and decaf brew modes, clock and timer, water filter and more. Uses standard coffee filters. Approx. 8-1/4" x 11-3/4" x 11-3/4". 1-year limited warranty.

Andrea

Crys101
09-19-2006, 05:22 PM
LOL Yes to us coffee lovers, Our coffee machines are of the up-most important to us. Take our microwaves, toasters, whatever you want but do NOT take our beloved coffee machines. Let the men have their tools and cars, We'll be most happy with our caffiene fix :p :D :D
Thats really amazing that they stand behind their products like that. Next time i need an appliance, I'll definately look at the Hamilton Beach name!!

AMEN :D

Jolie Rouge
09-19-2006, 08:24 PM
Following last year's hurricanes we were without power for 10 days - my mom stopped by and was surprised to see me sitting on the porch drinking coffee. How could I have hot freshly brewed coffee with no power ??

I had used my hubby's welding torch to boil water to make my coffee.

ahippiechic
09-20-2006, 04:25 AM
Anyone who knows me can tell you that I am a die hard coffee drinker. It is not unusual to see me drinking coffee any time of the day and any season of the year.

A couple of weeks before Christmas last year, I was in Wal-Mart and saw this coffee maker that I just had to have. If there is any such thing as love at first sight, then it happened that day between me and that Hamilton Beach Brewstation coffeemaker. I was so love struck, I didn't even flinch at paying the outrageous price of $65 for it. I just did it.

I brought my friend home and starting using him right away. He was so cool, I fell more in love each day that passed. So, two weeks ago, I was quite devastated when my friend just up and died on me! In the spirit of the great soup Nazi, my friend abruptly stated, "No coffee for you!" Wahhhhhh.

Immediately, I went to their website to check out a possible warranty, etc. and found that it was covered for one year. I called the customer service people and explained my dilemma. They requested that I cut my friends power cord off at the end, mail it in with a check for $9.95 (for shipping) and they would ship me out a brand new one.

Late yesterday, the UPS man delivered my new friend and I am once again in love, but now with my friend's twin brother. He is a newer model, a little more sleek and sexy than his brother, but I am truly happy.

Just thought you might want to know that Hamilton Beach backs their products and to them, I say thank you!

Now I just wonder how long I can carry on this affair before my husband finds out?

Andrea

The EXACT thing happened to me too! I had mine for a little over a year and they still replaced it for 9.95. I think the new one brews the coffee faster, that's another plus. :D There's also no pot for me to break!

onfire4god57
09-20-2006, 09:14 PM
We have the exact same coffee machine, but I only paid $39 for it last year just before Christmas. I am not a coffee drinker (ok, I know wierd person), but my hubby is a big coffee person. Well he has a hard time with the Mr Coffee makers and leaking coffee all over his lap while he's trying to pour it, and when I saw this machine I just knew it would be the perfect thing for him. So I bought him one for Christmas. A couple weeks ago it decided to leak coffee all over the counter, but it was easily fixed with a new washer in the pour spout. They give you an extra one in with it, but I also called the company and they sent me two more extras. Now we'll have them the next time it starts leaking.

Even though I don't drink the coffee, I think it's the best machine we have ever had, I even was bragging to my brother about it and he bought one too. Plus he told his sister in law about it and then she bought one. I'm thinking about getting my dad one this year for Christmas.