PDA

View Full Version : Survivor COOK ISLANDS

dv8grl
09-14-2006, 06:35 PM
Alright.. What did you think?

I know I will get flamed big time.. but all I have to say is.. STEREO-TYPES ARE THERE FOR A REASON!

At least I don't hate everyone from the get go, like I usually do! No ultra-fake-boobed-bimbos! Woo-Hoo!!! No wonder they had to add such a twist to this season! LMAO!!! :D

CherubSong
09-15-2006, 10:05 AM
I watched it last night; thought it was interesting. The older man 'Cao Boi' made me laugh when he was physically getting rid of the other member's headache, & left the poor guy w/ a mark on his forehead, lol.

dv8grl
09-15-2006, 10:21 AM
I watched it last night; thought it was interesting. The older man 'Cao Boi' made me laugh when he was physically getting rid of the other member's headache, & left the poor guy w/ a mark on his forehead, lol.

Hes cool. I love old Vietnamese men! They always have such great stories. Unfortunately I don't feel he will last long, becasue like Cao Boi said, most Asians hate the Vietnamese. Asians are the "weirdest" when it comes to there "inner-racism". Chinese hate Japanese, Laotions hate Koreans, Cambodians hate Vietnamese, etc.. etc..

madie
09-15-2006, 01:34 PM
I totally agree with everyone so far - As far as the guy that was voted out, that is exactly who I would have chosen.

I honestly don't understand how splitting them up racially is any worse then splitting them up by gender and/or by age. Racism is often what we make of it.

beanier
09-15-2006, 02:22 PM
:rolleyes:
Alright.. What did you think?

I know I will get flamed big time.. but all I have to say is.. STEREO-TYPES ARE THERE FOR A REASON!

At least I don't hate everyone from the get go, like I usually do! No ultra-fake-boobed-bimbos! Woo-Hoo!!! No wonder they had to add such a twist to this season! LMAO!!! :D

What stereotypes are you referring to? You don't mean the one about how girls from Tennessee who make comments about "stereotypes being there for a reason" must be stupid inbred hicks, do you? :p

Or the one about how catty girls can be, and when they're jealous of another girl, they say mean things about them, even when they don't know a thing about them? :rolleyes:

Because, I mean, there's so many stereotypes out there, it's hard to know which one you're talking about, is all. :o

dv8grl
09-15-2006, 02:47 PM

What stereotypes are you referring to? You don't mean the one about how girls from Tennessee who make comments about "stereotypes being there for a reason" must be stupid inbred hicks, do you? :p

Or the one about how catty girls can be, and when they're jealous of another girl, they say mean things about them, even when they don't know a thing about them? :rolleyes:

Because, I mean, there's so many stereotypes out there, it's hard to know which one you're talking about, is all. :o

WOW!!! Why so angry? Why are you stereo-typing everyone from the south as inbreed hicks? LMAO! Your hilarious!

I was talking about how "some" people from certain cultures seem to all be uppity, and not compromise to get things done. How "some" people from certain cultures always seem to work harder than others! How "some" people from some cultures are just concerned with the opposite sex. Am I stereo-typing? Or is it just an amazing coincidence?

By the way BEANIER (great name.. a stero-type in itself), I'm not from Tennessee... I just live here!

:D CHEERS!

freeby4me
09-15-2006, 03:02 PM
LOL This is funny :p But Yes I agree.....Im very glad they dont have the fake jiggly's around this time.

chasity43
09-15-2006, 04:54 PM
Can I bring up something else?

It kind of upset me when they did this (just for the simple fact, they don't do it for other seasons). When the group left tribal and Jeff game them the flint. That was sooo not fair. Usually when the team comes in to tribal and doesn't have fire yet, they light their torches, have the council, then leave without fire, because Jeff always says they can't take it back with them because they don't have that at camp yet.

I've been buying the seasons when they come out on dvd (I have 5 of them now) and that's the way it's always gone. I was very disappointed in the fact that he gave them a flint after tribal.

beanier
09-16-2006, 08:58 PM

It kind of upset me when they did this (just for the simple fact, they don't do it for other seasons). When the group left tribal and Jeff game them the flint. That was sooo not fair. Usually when the team comes in to tribal and doesn't have fire yet, they light their torches, have the council, then leave without fire, because Jeff always says they can't take it back with them because they don't have that at camp yet.

I've been buying the seasons when they come out on dvd (I have 5 of them now) and that's the way it's always gone. I was very disappointed in the fact that he gave them a flint after tribal.

I could be wrong, but didn't they have access to water in the previous seasons?

The only water these teams have is all funky in a barrel, and they have to boil it to make it safe to drink without getting sick. Going without fire for cooking and warmth is one thing, going without water to drink would put any team into too big a disadvantage.

Donnagg123
09-17-2006, 04:26 AM

I did not watch, but are you talking about flint rock to start a fire with? If so, I think I saw somewhere else on TV a while back (can't remember where) that actually flint is offered to all persons but most don't know what to do with it. I think it was people asking about what it takes to go on survivor and Jeff recommended knowing about how to use as flint rock 'cause no one else so far knows how to use it. Maybe this season someone listened? :D

chasity43
09-17-2006, 10:01 AM
No, they never just give them flint, they have to win a reward challange to get it. And they are always given a water source, it's just disgusting and needs to be boiled in order to drink it.

Surfergal
09-17-2006, 12:35 PM
I thought it was unfair too but maybe they gave them a source for fire due to the temperature of this location or something - or like to keep away wild animals. three of the 4 tribes won fire in the first challenge. Also for exile island, does the losing team always get to select the one sent? and was it always two days? that seems like a pinishment for winning...

dv8grl
09-17-2006, 02:29 PM
I don't get the whole fire thing. You'd think that if you were trying out for Survivor, that you have seen the show before & know that if you can make fire.. YOU'D BE THE MAN or WOMAN :) I think that if I knew I was getting accepted, I'd try like heck to learn how to make a fire from sticks!
Plus.. remember back to season 2 or was it 3, that they made fire from using the lens from a telescope... Why don't they try to make a fire with their eye-glasses (someone always has eyeglasses)???

Anthill
09-18-2006, 09:36 AM

When that happened both my husband and I looked at each other and were like WHAT???? NEver have they ever be given flint, they weren't even allowed to take their torch back lit until they started fire etc. ANd the way Jeff said it as if this is the way it has always been. "Since you came to Tribal council here is flint". HUH????

freeby4me
09-18-2006, 10:29 AM
I think there's going to be alot of things different this time with Survivor....Might take a little getting used to. :rolleyes:

CherubSong
09-22-2006, 06:53 PM
I just knew once Yul was sent to Exile Island, he was going to find that immunity idol (...wasn't it a compass?)! By the way, can someone explain to me the rules about using it? Didn't the note inside the box say something about '...it can only be used once'?

dv8grl
09-22-2006, 09:30 PM
I just knew once Yul was sent to Exile Island, he was going to find that immunity idol (...wasn't it a compass?)! By the way, can someone explain to me the rules about using it? Didn't the note inside the box say something about '...it can only be used once'?

Yes, It can only be used once and it cannot be used when its down to 4 Survivors.

Last nights episode was HORRIBLE! Ugh.. no action, Dulles-ville! They better step it up! Arghhh~~~ :eek:

bizz
09-26-2006, 06:57 PM
Do you sell stereo-tapes?

CherubSong
09-30-2006, 12:25 PM
Anybody watch Survivor Thursday? What do you think about Yul confiding to Becky about the immunity idol he found? I can't remember if anyone else in past episodes that told anybody else about a found idol. Do you think he might've made a mistake? I don't know if this would work towards Becky's advantage if she knows about it. What does anybody else think?

dv8grl
10-01-2006, 07:09 PM
Anybody watch Survivor Thursday? What do you think about Yul confiding to Becky about the immunity idol he found? I can't remember if anyone else in past episodes that told anybody else about a found idol. Do you think he might've made a mistake? I don't know if this would work towards Becky's advantage if she knows about it. What does anybody else think?

Last season the guy who got it, did tell a few people.

I don't think its a big deal, If they vote him out, he uses the Immunity Idol, they'll most likely vote him out that next week.

Last season the guy didn't even use it, because he won all those Immunity Challenges..

I'm pleased they merged. I hated having only 1 challenge in a episode., happy they'll be having 2 from here on out.

CherubSong
10-06-2006, 09:10 AM
So JP was voted out. Do you all think this was a good choice? I wonder how many people usually remain in a tribe before the final merge? I forgot, lol.

mommyof1
10-06-2006, 08:17 PM
So JP was voted out. The look of astonishment he had was priceless.

What I hated was when the old guy (forgot his name) acts like a silly child and poked the bird's nest. You know the little bird died. What is up with people doing @hit like this? It is not like he is on the brink of adulthood, he is well into it.

dv8grl
10-06-2006, 09:21 PM
What I hated was when the old guy (forgot his name) acts like a silly child and poked the bird's nest. You know the little bird died. What is up with people doing @hit like this? It is not like he is on the brink of adulthood, he is well into it.

Hes a man & most men really never grow up! :p ( I catch DH tring to do stupid stuff all the time & hes 35. LOL! ;)

.... I did feel so sorry for the little bird. Poor thing.. I have to think that there was a possibility it may have lived :o

CherubSong
10-13-2006, 03:54 PM
WoW! It was SO close w/ the immunity challenge! I thought for sure Yul's team was going to lose! What did anyone think about Cao Boi, Flicka & Ozzy exploring the other island, & speaking w/ the other tribe members? I didn't know they were allowed to do that. BTW, I missed the sneak-peeks for next week's episode; can anyone enlighten me? Thanks in advance.

Surfergal
10-14-2006, 06:57 AM

well, as he stated he was hoping to find eggs they could cook and eat...

freeby4me
10-19-2006, 03:45 AM
Bump....This is on again tonight!!

dv8grl
10-20-2006, 11:37 AM
Is it me.. or does this season BLOW! Its so boring!

freeby4me
10-20-2006, 12:01 PM
Is it me.. or does this season BLOW! Its so boring!

I agree but i've been feeling this way for quite awhile now. Ever since Stephanie and Bobby John were on the first time :rolleyes: I didnt really care for either one of them and then they brought them back :mad: Oh well....cant always win right :(

justme23
10-29-2006, 04:17 PM
Of course the baby bird lived. It is only a myth that momma birds won't come back once a human has touched it and the momma bird jumped right back on the nest when they put it back. That baby is fine!

I'm really liking this season personally. They've been showing season 1 on VS. (formally OLN) and THAT is a boring season!

CherubSong
11-17-2006, 01:34 AM
11-16....
A double vote-out??!! They've really gotten crazy. It's a shame they got rid of Jenny so soon; she was great w/ the puzzles. They should've outed Jonathan; he's such a kiss-up, lol.

freeby4me
12-09-2006, 05:57 AM
so whats everyone thinking so far?? Jonathon is gone now but It looks like Ozzy might flop which is really too bad I think. I dont have someone picked out that I want to win yet though.

dv8grl
12-09-2006, 12:35 PM
so whats everyone thinking so far?? Jonathon is gone now but It looks like Ozzy might flop which is really too bad I think. I dont have someone picked out that I want to win yet though.

If Ozzy or Yul make it they should win, I believe the 2 of them have played the best game. I will be sad to see Ozzy go, but if he doesn't win all the rest of the challenges he'll be a goner!

CherubSong
12-11-2006, 02:47 PM
Ugh, why did they vote out Jonathan?! Yul should've kept him around to be in
the final two. No one likes Jonathan, so no one on the jury would've voted for
him! Sheesh, I sure wouldn't have kept Adam around; don't care if he
presented me w/ fillet mignon. I would've said, 'See ya!' @ the last
tribal council. He's a competitor; don't know what Yul was thinkin'...:rolleyes: .

madie
12-11-2006, 03:39 PM
Yep - would have definitely gotten rid of Adam first, he seems so smug!

I would like to see Ozzy win but if he flips now, Adam might be too much of a competitor for him to stay on top of.

lisarae
12-12-2006, 05:17 PM
My husband and I choose from day one, or two. I chose Yule from day 1, dh chose Jonathon. My second choice was Brad, but he was gone a long time ago. LOL

Heidi
12-12-2006, 05:43 PM
I think Ozzy's gonna win it. I hope he does anyway! He's just a natural competitor, it blows my mind watching him do some of the competitions. He's like a stinkin' animal.

dcut4
12-14-2006, 05:55 AM
I read that this year is going to be a little different. Instead of a final 2 it will be a final 3 and they will have 9 jury members. not sure where I seen this.

tngirl
12-14-2006, 11:48 AM
They are fixing to turn on Ozzy. He is too much of a threat in the challenges. They do need to get rid of Adam and Pavarty first though before they turn on each other.

madie
12-15-2006, 10:05 AM
If Ozzy can just keep winning that darn necklace he 'will' win the game - if it was based on merit alone, he would win hands down.

Heidi
12-18-2006, 01:54 PM
I'm so disapointed Ozzy didn't win. Personally I think he deserved it because of his physical game. I can see the point some make about Yul playing the mental game, but to me I think the physical is more deserving.

dena_darling
12-18-2006, 02:08 PM
I agree. I thought that Ozzie should have won. He really worked for it. He kept his team in the game.

freeby4me
12-18-2006, 02:08 PM
I think everyone was a little dissapointed that Ozzy didnt win but I am glad Yul won. I was hoping for either/or! I liked Becky but I was very glad she didnt get any votes. Im glad this season is over but the next one looks really good!!

buttrfli
12-19-2006, 07:35 AM
I just now finished watching the finale (took me 3 days LOL)

I am glad Yul won.. I liked Ozzy, but I just like the way Yul played better. He has a way to take something bad he's said, and turn it around to where you think he's your best friend LOL