PDA

View Full Version : Best things to look for when buying a notebook pc?

tsquared
09-07-2006, 05:03 PM
what have you all found that is important when buying a notebook pc?? I am thinking of buying one and i want to know the best options to look for.

YNKYH8R
09-07-2006, 07:41 PM
Well what do you want to do with it?

Myself...it must have 800 mhz, 256 Mb video RAM, 3D Graphic excellerator, 120 Gig Hard Drive.

sinned96
09-07-2006, 08:38 PM
Like YNKYH8R said it really depends what you want to do with it.

janelle
09-08-2006, 11:35 PM
I found this online for college students. It may do everything you want. I like my DELL Inspiron 600.

Laptops for college

Felicia Rolfe
KWCH 12 Eyewitness News
Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Anne Agostino has kids in college and her youngest son is starting this fall. She knows from experience he'll need a good laptop.

"My middle child used it all the time, everyday, for homework and classwork." Said Agostino.

Most college students these days have their own computer, but it can be tough to figure out which one to buy.

Consumer Reports just tested 21 laptops and says the good news for students is that laptops are less expensive than ever.

Tester Rich Fisco says laptops are also offering more features than before. For instance, a glossy display screen.

"Glossy screens are great, especially if you're looking at a movie. The colors pop. It's very vibrant. It looks really, really great. The downside is the reflections could be a little bit of a problem." Fisco said.

Wide screens are another feature that is now standard on most new laptops. They're better for watching movies, and for viewing documents side-by-side on the screen.

"A typical student's going to be writing their papers, doing their homework, surfing the Web. But you also have to consider that in their downtime they're going to be watching movies and playing games on them as well." Said Fisco.

For a computer that can handle it all, testers recommend the Dell Inspiron E-1505. It costs about 11-hundred dollars.