PDA

View Full Version : Question about those clothes tags

LoveBugg
08-21-2006, 12:50 AM
I bought something from Walmart in January. I just found it. But It still has that annoying little tag on it (you know the one for security). The reciept isnt with it or I would take it there and have them pull it off, does anyone have any suggestions? I would like to wear it seeing as though it still fits for now LOL..

DonnaWV
08-21-2006, 02:53 AM
I thought they always took them off when you buy it, I have no idea how to get it off. I just hate those things. Anyone who wants to steal, makes a way to do it.

kyswpgrl
08-21-2006, 03:07 AM
Honestly, I don't know that you legally can without the receipt, but you can try. Same thing happened to dh a few weeks ago. We purchased a shirt for him at JCPenney on sale. The next day he went to try it on and the ink tag was still attached. Luckily I had the receipt, but we had to take it back to the store to have it removed.

Willow
08-21-2006, 05:06 AM
It's happened to me twice in the past. One was on a winter coat that I had bought for my son at Walmart. It had an alligator clip on it. I don't know how I even got through the door without the alarms going off. They are very sensitive and are always going off. I can never go into Walmart without hearing the alarms go off at least a few times while I'm there. The other time I had bought a shirt at the mall and it had an ink tag on it that they didn't remove. Luckily both times I had the receipt so I didn't have a problem but I don't think they will do it without the receipt.

Eyore
08-21-2006, 05:09 PM
Ink tag removal: removing ink/security tags inadvertently left on clothing and other merchandise
http://blog.andrewwatters.com/tag/

nightrider127
08-22-2006, 04:34 AM
Taht happened to my husband here while back, forget now what it was left on. He got it off with his pocket knief.

fudlydud
08-23-2006, 06:48 AM
read this --

http://www.spychips.com

galeane29
08-23-2006, 04:38 PM
This has happend to me several times and I have also worked at walmart.
Just take the item back to the store and tell them what happened, they will take it off with no problem. Make sure you get one of those return stickers at the front door though.