PDA

View Full Version : Walmart Grrrrrrrrrr

TeeNcee
08-09-2006, 09:10 PM
Went to walmart with hubby. Had free coke & iams coupons. Well got to checkout & got the 3rd degree & was told i could only use 1 at a time, the whole time the cashier is flipping over the coke coupon & keeps looking at it & me like i made these or something lol. Well then she says again you can only use 1 at a time as it says 1 per purchase, so i tell well ya im only using 1 per purchase she says well here & tries to hand me back 3 of the coke coupons & 9 of the iams, i asked why are you giving these back to me & she says i told you you can only use 1 per purchase. i said i am i purchased 10 iams & 20 cokes (5 free 2liters per coupon) she says you can only use 1 i said um it says per purchase not per visit duh. She looks at me like im an alien then goes to ask supervisor, now they come back to ring them up cause im right of course lol. well then they ask where i got the coke coupons cause they never saw them, i said i got em thats all. lol. they pee'd me off so now im not being nice lol. needless to say after holding me & hubby up & the line of people for 15 minutes i couldnt be nice lmao. But hey my bill came to 79.00 & cost me .29 after the coupons :) Walmart is the only store i ever have a problem with when using coupons WHY :rolleyes: Hubby said they are lucky i was with him otherwise he woulda went & got nother cart & used the other 11 coke coupons & 30 iams i have lmao So guess what?! They are gonna hate me tomarrow cause we are gonna do exactly that :D Sorry to go on & on but walmart irritates me most of the time :p

lucim
08-09-2006, 09:39 PM
LMAO--Try to go back to the same gal's register...It just takes little things like this to really warm one's heart.

gmyers
08-09-2006, 09:54 PM
Boy thats a great savings. :)

Shann
08-09-2006, 10:17 PM
geesh :rolleyes: thankfully I have never had problems w/ coupons at Walmart.. but usually have a hell of a time w/ items that ring up wrong, I swear two weeks ago a lady argued w/ me over 24 cents (which I was NOT paying..) I ended up not getting the licorice b/c of her but went back got another cashier who was nice when I brought up the price tags price.. she even knew not to charge me for it ;) ugh.. sometimes I just want to scream at them.. I worked at Target and we would never argue w/ a customer over a price as long as it was reasonable, you just changed it and went along w/ your day...

ladyfoob
08-10-2006, 08:45 AM
Gladly to say "knock on wood" I never had a problem with Walmart. But, now that I say this watch I have a problem later today when I go excange my son's shoes because they are too small...lol:)

cpbaby
08-11-2006, 03:54 PM
My sister and I refer to WalMart as "the evil place". I swear they suck your money right out of you. I went in there last Friday night to cash my DH's check(DONT ask why we had to go to WalMart and do it) and get some toilet paper. That toilet paper ended up costing me $79.

ADSKINNER
08-11-2006, 04:58 PM
Oh,I know exactly what everyone is saying and I couldn't agree more.
Now I have a question.
I hope I can explain this right so you know what I'm saying.

When the cashier is through with your order and the total comes up on the readout,I always make sure I look to see what it says because it NEVER matches what is on my receipt.

It doesn't happen when I'm buying one or two things,just when it's a big order. :confused:

kyswpgrl
08-11-2006, 05:32 PM
Oh,I know exactly what everyone is saying and I couldn't agree more.
Now I have a question.
I hope I can explain this right so you know what I'm saying.

When the cashier is through with your order and the total comes up on the readout,I always make sure I look to see what it says because it NEVER matches what is on my receipt.

It doesn't happen when I'm buying one or two things,just when it's a big order. :confused:

I may not have been paying close enough attention, but I can't say that's ever happened to me. Maybe the total you're seeing is the subtotal before tax is added???

Anthill
08-11-2006, 09:12 PM
Not to jump on the thread but yesterday we went to Wal-mart for a baby shower gift. She was registered there. We live about a half hour away from the Wal-mart. We get there and we go to print off the register and they tell us it is out of paper. I ask well can you just look it up for us so I can see what I can buy at your STORE??? Nope I get. She tells me to go to another Wal-mart. The next wal-mart is like another 30 minutes away. I tell her I am here now, and I am not going to drive to another and use up more gas at the price that it is now. So I say to her can you call up the other Wal-mart and have them print it off and either have them fax it over or tell me what is left? If not I will go to BabiesRus because she is also registered there. She tells me no on that one also. I don't usually shop at Wal-mart but because she was registered there I had no choice because most of the items off the register from BRU were taken. I know they don't get paid alot of money but sometimes I don't think that is the issue I just feel that some employees don't care You could pay them 50.000 and hour and still get that nsty lazy attitude from them. Ok enough VENTing for me. have a good nite all

gmyers
08-11-2006, 09:49 PM
First I like Walmarts. But have you ever got to the checkout counter. Started unloading your groceries and have the checkout person just walk away. I had a cart full of groceries that I was unloading. The woman stood there and let me unload all of them and then walked away. She stood at the next checkout register and talked to the cashier there and kept looking at me. I waited figuring she'd come back soon but she didn't. I had to put my groceries back in the cart and go to another checkout counter. Boy was I mad. As soon as I went to the other checkout counter she came back to the one where I had unloaded my groceries before. I was so mad I started to go to customer service and complain but I didn't but I wish I had. What she did wasn't right at all. If she didn't wont to check me out she could have said so before I unloaded the whole cart.

ADSKINNER
08-12-2006, 12:33 AM
I may not have been paying close enough attention, but I can't say that's ever happened to me. Maybe the total you're seeing is the subtotal before tax is added???

I don't think so,because I went with my mom and made her watch the readout.Then when we left and accounted for coupons the number she saw was different.

nightrider127
08-12-2006, 01:55 PM
First I like Walmarts. But have you ever got to the checkout counter. Started unloading your groceries and have the checkout person just walk away. I had a cart full of groceries that I was unloading. The woman stood there and let me unload all of them and then walked away. She stood at the next checkout register and talked to the cashier there and kept looking at me. I waited figuring she'd come back soon but she didn't. I had to put my groceries back in the cart and go to another checkout counter. Boy was I mad. As soon as I went to the other checkout counter she came back to the one where I had unloaded my groceries before. I was so mad I started to go to customer service and complain but I didn't but I wish I had. What she did wasn't right at all. If she didn't wont to check me out she could have said so before I unloaded the whole cart.

They would have felt the wartth of the nightrider. No way would I have left that store with merchandise I had purchased after being treated in such a manner. Someone would have been putting product back on the shelf.

You can still complain. Call 1-800- Walmart and tell them what happened. Don't hesitate to name names either. I bet anything they will do something about the situation and you may get a gift certificate besides.

gmyers
08-12-2006, 03:43 PM
I started to walk out and leave the groceries but I didn't want to have to do all the shopping again so I just paid for them and left. But I should have told someone what she did. I quaramtee I will next time though. I don't really like making waves usually but what she did was wrong and if it ever happens again I'm going to report it.

nightrider127
08-12-2006, 06:35 PM
I started to walk out and leave the groceries but I didn't want to have to do all the shopping again so I just paid for them and left. But I should have told someone what she did. I quaramtee I will next time though. I don't really like making waves usually but what she did was wrong and if it ever happens again I'm going to report it.

You can still complain. Don't take that kind of treatment. I know that a lot of those people don't get paid very well nor are they treated very well. That is no excuse for that kind of attitude. Please call that 1 800 Walmart number. You should be compensated for their treatment of you.

papadsgirls
08-12-2006, 09:37 PM
If you don't want to call you can also e-mail. This goes threw Home Office and then the stores get into trouble for every e-mail they get thats bad. I e-mail every time I have a gripe. And lord knows, I know i'm a B****, but the wal-mart in henderson nc, I think they give a B***** test to the cashiers. And lord knows the managers. Heard one the other day talking about the way a customer was walking, and I stopped him in his tracks and told him off. Don't take anything from them. Turn them in, Say something to managers when it happens and then e-mail home office as well. And make sure to get names of who you talk too. Most of the managers are just as crooked as the cashiers. So make sure you get names.

Znith
08-13-2006, 05:52 AM
I swear the Walmart 10 minutes from me is from an alien planet. Most all of the employees there are the rudest of the rude. If i travel about 45 minutes to the next wally world their employees are kind, considerate, and say hello when you walk by. It's like an entirely different world.

chilla
08-14-2006, 10:34 AM
oops! double post!

chilla
08-14-2006, 10:34 AM
I hate walmart! I shop there, cuz sometimes its the only way to afford all the groceries, etc. But I detest them and they get a little of my money as possible. I delude them with coupons. I get rude cashiers who are too freeking lazy to do there jobs (formula checks, they don't always ring up properly, half the time the cashier will say "I can't take this". Won't call the manager, etc. just refuses to take it. WIC- half the time the labels on the shelves are wrong and when I get to the cashier, they aren't covered. Actually had a MANAGER! tell me to go ahead a shop somewhere else if that's what I wanted!). Walmart.com is the big nasty evil in my book. They ruined my first mothers day. I was going to send flowers to my mom to announce I was pregnant. Ordered a week ahead of time to send to her office on Friday. They did not arrive. Said they would be delivered on Sat - well guess what! Saturday they're closed! Long story...it took TWO FREEKING WEEKS to get flowers! By that time I bought them for my mom at the local grocery. I wasted at least 12 hours on the phone. And complain to Corporate? I sent several emails and a letter. Never heard a word. I have yet to leave Walmart a happy camper! (Sorry, didn't mean to jump on your bandwagon! :o )