PDA

View Full Version : I have some questions and need answers!

Kyla Kym
08-01-2006, 05:05 PM
I just got in from work and need some help please on a couple of different things...

Question 1. I'm going to sell my mom's tracfone. It's a older Nokia flip phone that I paid over $100.00 originally on Amazon.com. Anyway it's a analog phone and still sounds clear as a bell. It's really clearer than the new ones I got on our Alltel plan. And I got them the best Motorola's Alltel had to offer. But this tracfon still works better when talking....anyway I wanted to get her and dad on my plan....back to the tracfone now....it still has 438.0 units left on it. Comes with a car & house charger.....is $50.00 to much to ask for all of it?

Question 2. I can't ever get through on the landline to one of my friends because her hubby is always on the computer. They just have regular dial up, and a regular landline. Is there still a program that will pop up a box on the screen when someone is trying to call you so you can log off and answer it? I know there use to be a free one a long time ago that would do that, but I can't recall the name of the program. Does anyone know what I'm talking about? Or do you know of a free one they could use?

stresseater
08-01-2006, 05:23 PM
On the second one I use to have a program that was called callwave you might see if it's still around.

Kyla Kym
08-01-2006, 05:37 PM
That's the one I was thinking about. Thank you!

Does anyone else know of any others that are out there besides callwave? :)

cathych
08-01-2006, 05:37 PM
Callwave used to be free, but it is not anymore, but it only cost $4.95 a month, we used to have it when we had dial up.

Kyla Kym
08-01-2006, 05:42 PM
Callwave used to be free, but it is not anymore, but it only cost $4.95 a month, we used to have it when we had dial up.
hmmm...thanks for the information. They really can't even afford that right now. She recently lost her job and is having a hard time making ends meet. Free would be good. Does anyone know of any free ones? Or maybe what a program like this would be called so I could do a search for a free one myself. :)

Ruatha24
08-01-2006, 05:48 PM
I used and paid for callwave. Worked well for me in the past.

Kyla Kym
08-01-2006, 06:06 PM
OK, I just found a free one.
Would someone be willing to download this and try it out for her? I would, but I can't because I'm not hooked up to a landline. I'm on a satelite connection. So I couldn't see if the incoming call part works.

I would hate to tell her to download this and it not work right, because she is a older lady. Please could someone test it out for me. :o

http://www.download.com/v-Phone/3000-2349_4-10494078.html?tag=lst-0-8

DonnaWV
08-01-2006, 06:31 PM
If they have caller ID and call waiting, some how it can be put on the puter to pop up when someone is calling showing the name and number, I don't know how to do it, my DS did it with ours. Hope you can get something worked out. My family complained all the time,because they could not get us on the phone

Kyla Kym
08-01-2006, 06:49 PM
They don't have caller ID or call waiting. I think maybe that free program I listed might work. I just don't know though....wish I could install it on my computer to try it out before I ask her too. She doesn't know allot about computers and I would like to check it out before hand. Maybe someone will come along that is will to try it out for me first before I get her to download it. Sounds like a good program....but then again you never know until you try it. :)

loveswolfs
08-01-2006, 10:18 PM
why not get a pay as you go phone and let them use it only for when you need to call them. you dont have to get a fancy one with all the cool things on it.

Kyla Kym
08-01-2006, 10:59 PM
Unfortunately, where we live is a dead area and we can't get very good service. They won't even ring in our homes. If I go outside and get to a high area, mine will sorta work. But the cheaper cell phones won't work even on the hills outside. :(

ladyfoob
08-02-2006, 06:42 AM
hmmm...thanks for the information. They really can't even afford that right now. She recently lost her job and is having a hard time making ends meet. Free would be good. Does anyone know of any free ones? Or maybe what a program like this would be called so I could do a search for a free one myself. :)

CallWave is free to download. The 4.95 a month is added to your phone bill. Its has a lot of fetrues. Its has caller id person can leave a messege for you and if you like you can take the call or wait until you are done. I used it and it works really well. :) I don't use it know because I have cell phone so if anyone wants to get ahold of me while I am on line they just call the cell phone. :)

dlwt
08-02-2006, 07:18 AM
You know your friend needs to do something because if she is looking for work and the interviewer is calling and keep getting busy they will eventually give up. Maybe he should just get off the computer every hour for a hour or something LOL. Sorry I cant help.

DrGrin
08-02-2006, 09:37 AM
I just got in from work and need some help please on a couple of different things...

Question 1. I'm going to sell my mom's tracfone. It's a older Nokia flip phone that I paid over $100.00 originally on Amazon.com. Anyway it's a analog phone and still sounds clear as a bell. It's really clearer than the new ones I got on our Alltel plan. And I got them the best Motorola's Alltel had to offer. But this tracfon still works better when talking....anyway I wanted to get her and dad on my plan....back to the tracfone now....it still has 438.0 units left on it. Comes with a car & house charger.....is $50.00 to much to ask for all of it?

I think it's a fair enough price. Those minutes aren't that cheap. The only thing is that you might want to sell it to someone in your local area so that the phone number would be a local one to the new owner, and they'd get the full 400+ minutes that are left on the phone.

If you sell it to someone outside your local calling area, it would cost them two units of time for every minute they used the phone. Once that amount of time runs out completely, they could purchase another card to reactivate the phone and change the number to a local number for them. If you're thinking of trying to sell it on ebay you might want to make sure and put that in the auction info.

loveswolfs
08-02-2006, 09:51 AM
Unfortunately, where we live is a dead area and we can't get very good service. They won't even ring in our homes. If I go outside and get to a high area, mine will sorta work. But the cheaper cell phones won't work even on the hills outside. :(
Oh i know how that is..my cell wont work up north and to get one that does you have to hunt around for it.. :(

Dragonfairie
08-02-2006, 11:12 AM
If you sell it to someone outside your local calling area, it would cost them two units of time for every minute they used the phone. Once that amount of time runs out completely, they could purchase another card to reactivate the phone and change the number to a local number for them. If you're thinking of trying to sell it on ebay you might want to make sure and put that in the auction info.

You just call tracfone and tell them that you have moved and need a new phone number, give them the new address and they take care of it...the only thing is some phones aren't programmed to work in all areas.

Kyla Kym
08-02-2006, 10:35 PM
Thanks everyone for your help. :)