PDA

View Full Version : New to the forum with questions

racheg
07-24-2006, 09:34 PM
:confused:
I just signed up and am thrilled I chanced upon this forum. I want to know:

1) Who posts all the answers and how? Is it a communal effort? Should we try to help or just let it be?

2) How do I find answers to commercials questions if they aren't listed with that show without having to do a search every time? (too time consuming). Isn't there a way to post all commercials ever shown in one thread?
:confused:
Thanx, RG

mficke0713
07-25-2006, 05:32 AM
Welcome to rewardTV and the BBS forum!! :)

Any and all help is greatly appreciated--especially commercials!! Just post them under the show they were seen in. By using the search here using at least a six letter word it's easy to find a commercial if it has been posted in the past. If you can't find the commercial--you can always post and ask for help--someone will respond if they know the answer.

Once again--Welcome and good luck!! :D

racheg
07-26-2006, 01:43 PM
Isn't there a way to post all commercials on one thread so we don't have to do a search on almost every commercial? Unless of course, you're all experts. What does everyone think?

racheg
07-26-2006, 01:45 PM
Besides, not all commercials have an identifying word, so if you need to search on the word people, or red background, good luck to me and you of course. :(

mficke0713
07-26-2006, 02:09 PM
If the commercials were posted in one thread---it becomes a very long thread and then it becomes very time-consuming looking for them. Commercials are repeated so much you get to know them by heart and won't even have to do a search. It's better just to post them under the show they were seen in. :o

humminbird
07-26-2006, 02:13 PM
I agree with you Mficke0713
Thank you for all the work you do to help all of us.

Aliasracer
07-26-2006, 08:45 PM
If the commercials were posted in one thread---it becomes a very long thread and then it becomes very time-consuming looking for them.

Have you heard of Copy and Paste? Not too hard to search for commercials if you use it. And only a person with a photographic memory is going to remember all of the commercials they come up with. I agree with Racheg, it'd make it ALOT easier if people would post commercials that they get and we didn't have to search for them every time we play a game.

gibber
08-03-2006, 07:16 PM
Have you heard of Copy and Paste? Not too hard to search for commercials if you use it. And only a person with a photographic memory is going to remember all of the commercials they come up with. I agree with Racheg, it'd make it ALOT easier if people would post commercials that they get and we didn't have to search for them every time we play a game.

I do agree with Aliasracer's post. Very few people are going to remember all parts of every commercial. I have my own database of commercials that I use for the ones that I forget and keep it updated. There are new commercials that are on every day. BBS has a very limited amount of commercials and hardly anyone posts new ones here. When I first started playing RTV over 2 years ago, almost every commercial was posted on BBS. Only the new ones couldn't be found by searching for them. I average about 1.5 million points per month in my account, and I don't miss hardly any commercials. I do have to watch some on DVR to get them correct.

This forum would go down if mficke0713 didn't post shows for others to play. Everyone who comes here to mooch from her posts and the few commercials that others post should thank her or they wouldn't have points to get hardly anything from the Sprees or Auctions. I only get GCs from the Sprees. They have a lot of good GCs that I will use and I never have any problem getting what I want when I try for them.

Surfergal
08-10-2006, 04:07 PM
I do not do rtv that often anymore, because I work abou 9 hrs a day and have been spending remainder of my free time at FR, but since ifim has been up in the am, I am coming back to earn some points - but it is a communal effort - unfortunately there seem to be a few here who give a lot - and whom are quite appreciated. Yes, this board would be better if more of the lurkers would post too. great to know you want to help out.

I wish I could get something from the sprees - I can only do those that are after 4:30 or 5pm when I try real hard to get home early. last year I lost over two million points because they expired. I tried to get in on sprees and get auctions to use them but could not get anything.