PDA

View Full Version : Need a salad recipe

lameduch27
07-18-2006, 01:39 PM
I won't be much help in what I'm looking for, but, here goes,,,,I attended a retirement party where,,,I only knew 2 people :( , but there was a salad served that was soooo awesome. It was some sort of Asian salad,,,I know it had snow peas, ramen noodles, sunflower seeds,,,and I can't think of anything else. Just know it was so good! I've been searching all over the internet and can't find it. HELP!!

DBackFan
07-18-2006, 01:56 PM
This one I make but here is a whole list of them: There are several with the peas etc.

http://www.cooks.com/rec/search/0,1-0,ramen_noodle_salad,FF.html

RAMEN NOODLE CABBAGE SALAD

1 head cabbage, shredded
8 green onions, sliced
1/2 c. sunflower seeds
1/2 c. toasted almond slices
2 pkgs. Ramen noodles oriental, uncooked

Break up uncooked noodles and toss with remaining ingredients. Pour dressing over salad just before serving. Serves 10.

DRESSING:

1 c. oil
2 tbsp. vinegar
4 tbsp. sugar
2 tsp. salt
1 tsp. pepper
2 tsp. MSG
Ramen Noodle Seasoning Packet

Mix together.

lameduch27
07-18-2006, 04:30 PM
Thanx DBack, I used that one, and of course, since I'm me, had to add my personal touches,,,no MSG (gives me really bad headaches), and added my snow peas, some shredded carrots, some ginger paste, and substituted some of the oil with sesame oil. It's really yummy! :D

Shancopp
07-18-2006, 07:21 PM
I've had it once (not sure of recipe) and OMG it is wonderful! I would add a few raisins for a touch of sweet. It is wonderful stuff!

Lora_1994
07-19-2006, 09:13 PM
I have no clue as to what it is, but just wanted to say hey! give me a holler on yahoo sometime! how's Lann's back since surgery??