PDA

View Full Version : Dinner bell 7/15 (early start)

DAVESBABYDOLL
07-15-2006, 06:18 AM
HA~HA, no cooking for me today,will eat at the pcnic :D They are havingBBQ chicken,potato salad,cole slaw,rolls and not sure what else

Next

cpbaby
07-15-2006, 06:37 AM
Im going to a friends house for a cookout. I have little weenies in the crockpot and a devils food sheet cake with holes poked in it and caramel poured over it sittingont he stove. When it cools, Im spreading it with cool whipa nd sprinkling crushed butterfingers on it. Thats it for me today.

freeby4me
07-15-2006, 06:47 AM
Hmm.....I havent much thought about it yet, Want something real good (Those mini-meatloaves I made yesterday turned out awesome) So maybe something with not as much work LOL :p

cSoReNSoN
07-15-2006, 08:07 AM
haha It'll be a veggie pizza from Subway that I'll bring into the Tigers game this evening. I'll be making my brother some bologna sandwiches before I leave. My dad's going to the game as well......

DrGrin
07-15-2006, 10:26 AM
DH and I are going out this evening. We're having catfish, hushpuppies, fries, slaw, etc.

tngirl
07-15-2006, 11:50 AM
There is something that I have never understood. Who cares what everyone else is having for dinner? And besides, who knows if what you put down here is what you are really having or just your imagination at work?

I think that if you cannot find anything better to discuss than what is for dinner then you lead a very boring life. :D

freeby4me
07-15-2006, 11:54 AM
Yup, My life is boring :D Actually.....We like doing this because it can give other people good ideas for dinner, Not to mention recipes to share and such! It personally doesnt matter to me if someone puts down they're making sloppy joe's and ends up eating pizza :p

DrGrin
07-15-2006, 12:35 PM
There is something that I have never understood. Who cares what everyone else is having for dinner? And besides, who knows if what you put down here is what you are really having or just your imagination at work?

I think that if you cannot find anything better to discuss than what is for dinner then you lead a very boring life. :D

Maybe to give people ideas of something different to cook? ;)

I've seen a lot of imagination at work in lots of other threads too. LOL Like some of the survey threads. You know those people who say they are posting they get into all these $300 or $100 paying projects are living in an imaginary world. No one gets THAT many high paying projects. They are few and far between. :eek: But you didn't ask about that did you? :D

How about you start us some interesting discussion threads? :D

DonnaWV
07-15-2006, 12:59 PM
Covering my head, but I am having cavatini (sp) I never knew how to spell it, just how to make it. cpbaby, do tell about the cake, do you buy the carmels and melt them in the micowave? Sounds sooooo good

buglebe
07-15-2006, 01:39 PM
I love reading this column about what's for dinner. It gives me ideas, sometimes it is easy to get into a rut and just have the same thing over and over. I don't care if it is someone's imagination or wish I still like to read it.

MsLynn
07-15-2006, 01:53 PM
well I dont' care what anyone else thinks, i'm saying and i'm having

VENISION STEAKS, AND MASHED TATERS. ok ok, maybe fried taters, depends on my mood when i'm done mowing.

DAVESBABYDOLL
07-15-2006, 03:01 PM

ROFLMFAO...welp my dear, I see YOU are as boring as the rest of us.Just by coming in here to post your opinion lol So what are you having?

besides,some really GOOD recipies have come from these threads,so I won't be as cynical you are. :rolleyes:

And I agree with DrGrin,how about YOU starting some REALLY interesting threads,since you are obviously so full of life :D

nightrider127
07-15-2006, 03:01 PM

ROTFLMAO.

tsquared
07-15-2006, 04:49 PM
I've seen a lot of imagination at work in lots of other threads too. LOL Like some of the survey threads. You know those people who say they are posting they get into all these $300 or $100 paying projects are living in an imaginary world. No one gets THAT many high paying projects. They are few and far between. :eek: But you didn't ask about that did you? :D
I hope you are not insinuating i am doing this.........if so i am sure i can find another place to post the surveys i find.................but then again if so then so be it..............

Tadbit
07-15-2006, 05:55 PM

I won't even go there...... so instead, I'll just say my life is so boring I fixed Mulligan Stew and banana bread for dessert, but we ate and loved it anyway. :D

tngirl
07-18-2006, 05:48 PM
ROFLMFAO...welp my dear, I see YOU are as boring as the rest of us.Just by coming in here to post your opinion lol So what are you having?

besides,some really GOOD recipies have come from these threads,so I won't be as cynical you are. :rolleyes:

And I agree with DrGrin,how about YOU starting some REALLY interesting threads,since you are obviously so full of life :D

Yep, boring, that is my middle name...lol :D

DAVESBABYDOLL
07-19-2006, 05:24 AM
LOL, mine too :o

I work, have kids,friends, and friends on line. I come here to get away from the hussle and bussle of my life (and kids) and escape here for some me time lol

tadbit, what's Mulligan Stew? Recipe?? :D

Tadbit
07-19-2006, 12:41 PM
tadbit, what's Mulligan Stew? Recipe?? :D

Sheila it's a hamburger stew. I make a lot of stuff with hamburger as one of my post suggest. LOL We are raising our two grandkids and it's just cheaper meat to use and goes further, plus they like hamburger the most. I on the other hand am starting to get sick of eating it so much. LOL
Mulligan Stew the way I make it...
I cut up some potatoes and boil them, while these are cooking, I brown some hamburger, season it with salt, pepper, chopped oninon, or any others seasoning that sounds good to you.
When potatoes are not quite done, I combine them with the hamburger in a bigger pot, add frozen mixed veggies, (you can used canned veggies, but if you do, make sure your potatoes are cooked all the way before you add them) a can of corn (drained) a big can of tomato sauce or about 4 of those tiny cans. You may want to add some water to this if it's too thick. You can also add stewed tomatoes, if you like, but my grandkids don't like them, so I don't. I then add seasoning salt, onion powder, and a tiny bit of garlic powder, but I do this according to my taste, so I can't really tell you how much. I always cook that way, rarely by recipe. You let all this simmer until potatoes and veggies are done and then serve with crackers or corn bread. It makes a lot so we eat on it for a couple of days, or you can freeze leftovers and serve at a later meal.