PDA

View Full Version : neoprene shorts

diggyfry
07-02-2006, 12:48 PM
hey everyone, i just got some neoprene shorts for i guess you can say weight loss..you use them to sweat like crazy when you excersise. i have been using them, mostly at work, seeing i work in a park and thats pretty much my workout...my question is, has anyone ever tried these? and do they help? im interested in others experiances :)

Kyla Kym
07-02-2006, 01:52 PM
I've never heard of them.
They don't sound to comfortable though. Sounds like you will have to walk around all day wearing shorts that are sopping wet with sweat.

tracey74
07-02-2006, 02:45 PM
I heard years ago any of the weight loss clothing items just causes water weight loss(from sweating).and that it may seem like youre losing weight but your not.only way you can really lose weight is thru exercise(and aerobic activity) your heart rate has to be raised and be in a target range from 120 and up for at least 30 min(my dr just told me that 2 weeks ago).fast walking or jogging,etc anything that raises your heart rate is what burns the calories and helps you to lose rate and raises your metabolism.to me sounds like they are just gimmicky(the shorts).I bet they werent cheap either.

diggyfry
07-02-2006, 03:15 PM
well i guess you are supposed to wear tyhem when you work out, and they arent too uncomfrtable. they were only 10 bucks, i tohught id give it a try

BeanieLuvR
07-02-2006, 03:32 PM
Good luck! :) Let us know if they work. I had never heard of them until now.

tracey74
07-02-2006, 05:20 PM
well $10 isnt too bad but like with any weight loss thing you have to use common sense to know that without diet and exercise you wont lose weight unless there is a medical reason.but hopefully you look better in the shorts than I do or the park would be empty lol