PDA

View Full Version : Is This Real?

angelina_k
06-25-2006, 11:39 AM
Got this in my email and doubt it's validity although it would be awesome! I've contacted who it says to and am waiting for a response, so what do ya'll think?

22 Garden Close, Stamford,
Lincs, PE9 2YP, London
United Kingdom.
Customer Service and Logistic Department

We gladly wish to inform you of the draws of the VODAFONE ONLINE PROMOTION INTERNATIONAL in conjunction with the National Organizing Committee of the 2006 FIFA WORLD CUP held on the 02nd MAY 2006 in Munich Germany.You along with 57 others were selected winners under draws 6+J promo program specially organized because of the 2006 FIFA WORLD CUP which will feature as run up to the 2006 games when you will be due for the final Grand draw ton the 04th JULY 2006. The final grand draw will provide you a chance of winning a free flight ticket and two match tickets to watch thesemi final and final matches of the mundial live in Germany.
However, your e-mail address assigned to E-Tag number xxxxxx in the Random Computer Selection System(RCSS) of email addreses, flagged out the lucky numbers 21-7-14-04-19-34 and consequently won you the lottery in the 1st category.
CONGRATULATIONS!!!
Please be informed that all participants in this Vodafone promotion program were selected randomly through a computer ballot system drawn from over 500,000 companies and 50,000,000 individual e-mail addresses.This Vodafone promotion is Organized by the host country in collaboration with FIFA. Funds for the draws have been contributed by the major sponsors of the games which include adidas, Hyundai, FujiFilm, MasterCard, Gillette, Cocacola, Continental, Toshiba, Lycos, Mcdonalds and a host of others. Due to possible mix up of some numbers and email contacts, we ask that you keep this award strictly from public notice until your claim has been processed and your money remitted. This is part of our security protocol to avoid double claiming or unscrupulous acts by some participants of this program.
With respect to the above, you have therefore been approved for payment of a lump sum of Two Hundred and Fifty Thousand Great Britain Pounds (250.000.00 GBP) in certified cheque credited to File No:xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxThis is from a total cash prize of five million pounds(2,500,000.00GBP) shared among the ten international winners in the 1st category. Along with (A FIRST CATEGORY RAFFLE DRAW TICKET) i.e. "a chance of winning a free flight ticket and two match tickets to watch the opeining and final match of the mundial live in Germany".
To begin the claim processing of your prize you are to contact the fiduciary agent stated below:

Mr. Darren Olson,
22 Garden Close, Stamford,
Lincs, PE9 2YP, London
United Kingdom
Email: vodafoneclaims_agent@excite.com </ym/Compose?To=vodafoneclaims_agent@excite.com>
NOTE: He is your agent, and responsible for the processing and transfer of your winnings to you. YOUR SECURITY CODE NUMBER IS xxxxxxxxxx(keep personal) Remember, your winning must be claimed not later than 09th July 2006.

In order to avoid unnecessary delays and complications, please remember to Quote your reference and batch numbers in every one of your correspondence.Furthermore, should there be any change of your address, do inform your fiduciary agent as soon as possible.
Accept my hearty congratulations once again!

Sincerely,
Franz Beckenbauer
President local organising committee

firechic
06-25-2006, 12:00 PM
You really need to ask?

tracey74
06-25-2006, 12:32 PM
thats not anymore real than this one I just got in an email
Kia Customer Services
Kia Motors UK Limited
PO Box 464
Stockport
SK3 0WU

INTERNATIONAL PROMOTIONS DEPT.
TICKET NUMBER: xxxxxxx
SERIAL NUMBER: xxxxxxx
BATCH NUMBER : xxxxxxxxx

ATTN; WINNER,
RE: AWARD FINAL NOTIFICATION:

We are pleased to inform you of the release, of the long awaited
results of the KIA MOTOR CUSTOMERS PROMOTION PROGRAM held today, You were entered as dependent clients with: Reference SERIAL NUMBER: xxx-xxx and Batch number KIA-xxxxxxW.Your email address attached to the ticket number: xxxxxx that drew the lucky winning number, which consequently won the sweepstake in the second category,in four parts. You have been approved for a payment of 550,000.00pounds(five hundrew and fifty thousand pounds.) in cash credited to file reference number: KIA/xxxxxxxxxx/UK1 which is deposited with a Finance & Security Company in your favor as beneficiary and covered with HIGH INSURANCE POLICY.This is from a total cash prize of five million pounds shared among the ten international winners in first,second and third categories.Along with a New KIA Sorento Car.

Congratulations!!!
All participants were selected through a computer ballot system drawn from 13,000 (thirteen thousand) names of email users around the world, as part of our international promotion program. Due to mixed up of some names and addresses,we ask that you keep this award personal, till your claims has been processed and your funds remitted to you.This is part of our security measures to avoid double claiming or unwarranted taking advantage of the situation by other participants or impersonators.

To begin your claim, do file for the release of your winning by
contacting your/our accredited agent:

KIA MOTOR CUSTOMERS PROMOTIONS
MR. GUN BILLY.(Foreign Transfer Manager)
Email: agengunbilly@kiapromtion.net

They are your agent, and responsible for the processing and transfer of your winnings to you. YOUR SECURITY FILE NUMBER IS KIA/xxxxxx/CP (keep personal) Remember, your winning must be claimed not later than ONE MONTH from today. Failure to claim your winning/ fund will be forfeited, should there be any change in your address, do inform your claims agent as soon as possible.

Once again Congratulations.
KIA MOTORS
The power to surprize

I know its fake cause A- I never enter contests to win cars(couldnt afford the taxes,etc) and B its from another country so How could You win from emails selected when most likely you address was sold to them. most contests you enter usually say valid in the us/ continental us only.Im sure if you contacted them theyd want your bank acct #,drivers license or Id and whatnot.sorry but I just delete these

buttrfli
06-25-2006, 01:29 PM
You really need to ask?

If she didn't really need to ask, I doubt she would have. Not everyone has been on the net long enough to know about the scams that are out there, so when they ask a question about something they are not sure about, I am sure that a smart comment is exactly what they are looking for :rolleyes:

angelina_k - no its not real, it just a scam to try to get your personal info, so please be sure that you don't give any to them. I get e-mails like that all the time and just delete them.

tsquared
06-25-2006, 01:50 PM
Best thing to do is delete it..............

TxGreek
06-25-2006, 02:30 PM
Hey! I just won the grand prize from Coca Cola. lol (Exact same email as those above with different contact info).

These spammers are getting absolutely ridiculous with this crap. If they'd put as much time into a REAL job as they do forming these emails, they might actually make money legally! (but where's the fun in that?) :rolleyes:

DonnaWV
06-25-2006, 03:32 PM
Now TxGreek, I won the grand prize form Coca Cola last month. We can share it OK.

I am sorry but it is not real. Just do as others have said and delete it.