PDA

View Full Version : Project Runway 3

Donnagg123
06-24-2006, 08:28 AM
Bravo has finally confirmed that the third season of its Project Runway reality series will premiere on Wednesday, July 12 at 10PM ET/PT. HEE HEE! I found this article that show the new cast!

http://popwatch.ew.com/popwatch/2006/06/snap_judgment_t.html
Snap Judgment: The new 'Project Runway' cast

http://popwatch.ew.com/photos/uncategorized/1621__project_l.jpg
To put a new twist on an old Stevie Nicks classic, sometimes I'm shallow, sometimes I'm deep. And today, I don't have enough depth to submerge a penny. Which is the perfect mood to make a snap judgment on the new cast of -- wait for it -- Project Runway. Yes indeedy, we'll be savoring Michael Kors' patented brand of *****ery, and Heidi Klum's squealy ''Hel-lo!'' in less than a month (the Season 3 casting special is set for July 12, to be exact).

Based on the photos of the new cast posted at JustJared.com, my early money's on 40-year-old Stacy Estrella, the rather severe-looking chick on the far right sporting a Spartan gray dress and black knee-length boots. I'm kinda loving how the fringy cuffs on her sleeves line up perfectly with the matching, high-waisted belt on her dress. It's scary, but hot-scary, in a Nancy Sinatra-meets-the-Amish kinda way. Plus, I like her reason for auditioning for the show: "Curiosity, a desire to challenge myself and grow, and to see what I'm made of. And to meet Tim Gunn!" Can't blame a gal for succumbing to the charms of Runway's silver fox. Now it's your turn to check out the Season 3 cast -- and judge those books by their covers. Begin!

Here is the new cast list:
Bradley Baumkirchner, 32, Los Angeles, CA
Robert Best, 36, West Hollywood, CA
Laura Bennett, 42, New York, NY
Malan Breton, 32, Long Island City, NY
Bonnie Dominguez, 31, San Diego, CA
Stacey Estrella, 40, San Francisco, CA
Katherine Gerdes, 25, Minneapolis, MN
Kayne Gillaspie, 27, Norman, OK
Ulrike "Uli" Herzner, 35, Miami Beach, FL
Alison Kelly, 25, Brooklyn, NY
Angela Keslar, 33, Amesville, OH
Michael Knight, 28, Atlanta, GA
Vincent Libretti, 49, Santa Monica, CA
Keith Michael, 34, New York, NY
Jeffrey Sebelia, 36, Los Angeles, CA
(here is the link I got this from and more pcitures! http://www.justjared.com/gossip/2006/06/project-runway-3-designers/)

Donnagg123
07-08-2006, 09:26 PM
For all interested this starts on Wed coming up!

Chicklette
07-08-2006, 10:28 PM
NBC started to show the first show of the season tonight, and half way through Time Warner blacked out the last half hour. According to the TV schedule it was only scheduled for 30 minutes, and I was wondering how they were going to shrink it into 30 minutes. Truncate it... lol and black it out.

They do have a couple bizzare designers this time. Like Malan Brenton (who tried out for the first two seasons and got picked for the second season and passed it up, and his accent?) The other is Vincent Libretti.

It will be very interesting to watch this season.

cathych
07-11-2006, 11:35 AM
My newspaper gave it a revue and said Heidi Klum was perpetually preganant.

Donnagg123
07-13-2006, 08:24 AM
It was awesome last night. Although, I thought that Vincent should have gone. I liked the blue coat with the stuff on it the best.

I wonder if they are permanently going to have to sleep in their apartment all messed up like that?? LOL

cathych
07-15-2006, 07:27 AM
Has anyone else noticed Heidi Klums extensions? Her hair blows when she is out in the wind, but the extensions stay put. They are really noticeable. I think she probably has pretty short hair.

Anthill
07-16-2006, 03:17 PM
I thought the dress w/ the coffee filters was fabulous. I wouldn't have worn it but for originality it was the best!!!! I really liked the dress that was white I believe and had the beaded straps. It was down to that dress and the blue dress that picked. I liked the blue dress that picked also. I am glad that they didn't let the guy who made the dress w/ the funky hat on it. Can't wait till next week!

dv8grl
07-18-2006, 04:57 PM
I thought the dress w/ the coffee filters was fabulous. I wouldn't have worn it but for originality it was the best!!!!

I agree! I like him alot, I would love to see him win the whole thing & show all these uppity people! :)

The guy who made the winning dress has such an uber-ego, I hate him already.

I also think that that older guy ( the one with the hat ) will be soon to go.

I'm definately rooting for the gay guy KAYNE who makes pagent gowns, he seems like alot of fun, remind me of Jay & Austin from season 1.

Yea! Looks like a great season,, can't wait to watch tomarrow!

Anthill
07-19-2006, 06:27 AM
I usually pick someone right from the beginning and root for them. And the black guy was the one I chose right away and then the pagent guy. I thought his bio tape was so funny when he went screaming "No Wire hangers". So I am rooting for him second. I can't stand the guy w/ all the tattoos his clothing is terrible!! I don't care if the guy w/ the hat loses I just didn't want him to be the first because he put so much money and effort into this business and I would feel bad. Can't wiat for tonites episode

ant

cathych
07-20-2006, 03:10 PM
omg, did anybody else feel so sorry for Malan when he lost?????? He seemed so uppity all the time, & when he lost, he was crying, like a little lost child.

Taterbo
07-20-2006, 08:17 PM
I wasn't that crazy for the dress they picked. did not look that comfortable, I liked the white dress with the rhinestones on it.

Anthill
07-21-2006, 07:42 AM
omg, did anybody else feel so sorry for Malan when he lost?????? He seemed so uppity all the time, & when he lost, he was crying, like a little lost child.

I felt so bad for him especailly when he said that at 13 he showed his Mom the sketches and she said they wouldn't amount to anything and he was putting all this pressure on this show for him to show up his family which is sad!!!

Anthill
07-21-2006, 07:48 AM
I wasn't that crazy for the dress they picked. did not look that comfortable, I liked the white dress with the rhinestones on it.

I am glad that Kayne (sp) won cause I do like those two. I did think that the white dress was beautiful w/ the sparkles but didn't she say she didnt' like white? It also looked like alot of dresses that you've seen before. I did like Vincents dress and I thought that Angela should have gone before Milan (sp). Poor fellow he finally felt like he belonged, but he did remind me of that character that Mike Meyers does the spy one can't remember the name right now. LOL

Taterbo
07-23-2006, 09:18 PM
Anyone see Tara in the winning dress last night in the pagent?? She looked okay in it..Did make her look taller.

cathych
07-24-2006, 11:42 AM
My son said he hated that dress, it made her look like a tart!!!!!!

dv8grl
07-26-2006, 07:26 PM
Ahh... I'm watching tonight episode and I;d dying to hear who gets kicked out of next weekd episode!!!

I need a spoiler.. :p