PDA

View Full Version : ack, just found out..............

cathych
06-15-2006, 04:16 PM
Lightspeed now has a payout where you can get paid via paypal right? Well, I cashed out to get $10 into my paypal account, & they took $2!

senecaair1
06-15-2006, 04:25 PM
no way!! did they tell there was a charge BEFORE you decided to do it??

swan0002
06-15-2006, 06:12 PM
OUCH!! I always go for the Amazons at Lightspeed. Glad I did!

Karen5111
06-15-2006, 06:25 PM
Paypal takes a percentage of all my deposits from all surveys or point click programs. When I questioned it they say its because I have a BUSINESS account. How I did not request a business acct. How I got a business account is beyond me. I cant find how to get it back into a personal account. Anyone know? Maybe they also put you on a BUSINESS account.

wwf20112
06-15-2006, 06:48 PM
wow when i cashed out for 30 they didnt take out anything but thats when they just started using paypal maybe its changed now.

rosiesbrat
06-15-2006, 07:52 PM
Paypal takes a percentage of all my deposits from all surveys or point click programs. When I questioned it they say its because I have a BUSINESS account. How I did not request a business acct. How I got a business account is beyond me. I cant find how to get it back into a personal account. Anyone know? Maybe they also put you on a BUSINESS account.

Why don't you phone them and ask?

cheapskate21
06-15-2006, 09:22 PM
if you get receive more money then your monthly limit per month paypal will automatically change your accout to a business account

PrincessArky
06-16-2006, 04:36 AM
if you get receive more money then your monthly limit per month paypal will automatically change your accout to a business account

yep had to do that when I was getting funds from Australia and as soon as I did I canceled the business part because they took a fee on everything

foreverinc
06-17-2006, 07:09 AM
Just so I have this right.......it was paypal who took the $2.00? or was it lightspeed?
sorry for being a pain, but I just want to make sure before I have the same problem. I recently did a few questions for pinecone (I believe) where they asked about if I would like to have my $$ from doing their surveys deposited into a paypal account. If they (paypal) are taking a percentage, I would rather have the check sent to me obviously. LOL. Thanks in advance for the info. ;-)

cathych
06-17-2006, 11:03 AM
Maybe it was paypal. I checked my acct., & it does not look like a business account, but I don't know.

dv8grl
06-17-2006, 11:24 AM

I believe when you 1st get a paypal acct. it is a PERSONAL acct., then at some time YOU ACCEPTED A CREDIT / DEBT card payment @ that time your personal paypal acct gets changed to a BUSINESS acct.

YOU can switch back to a personal acct., by going to www.paypal.com and asking to get switched back from Business to Personal. I believe you can just email them theu paypal's site.. or thru the CONTACT US page.

Once you switch back, YOU CAN NEVER ACCEPT A CREDIT / DEBT card payment again, or you become a Business acct. FOREVER!

A personal acct. will allow you to accept existing fund / checking acct. payments & not occur a "paypal" fee.

Most people now-a-days have 2 paypal accts. one BUSINESS (credit / debt card payments ie: ebay) and one PERSONAL (existing funds / checking acct payments ie: survey sites & FSOT boards,etc..)

HTH ~ :)

dv8grl
06-17-2006, 11:27 AM
Just so I have this right.......it was paypal who took the $2.00? or was it lightspeed?
sorry for being a pain, but I just want to make sure before I have the same problem. I recently did a few questions for pinecone (I believe) where they asked about if I would like to have my $$ from doing their surveys deposited into a paypal account. If they (paypal) are taking a percentage, I would rather have the check sent to me obviously. LOL. Thanks in advance for the info. ;-)

Paypal charges $.30 + 2.9% of the total... So a $10 payment to a paypal acct. will be charged $.59 , not $2 -- LOOKS LIKE ITs LIGHTSPEED THAT CHARGED THE $2 NOT PAYPAL!

Lafwthme2
06-17-2006, 11:28 AM
Question to those with both a personal and biz acct with paypal- can you have the same bank acct listed for both or does it have to be two separate bank accts? Thanks!!

dv8grl
06-17-2006, 11:30 AM

That is not true. I have 2 different paypal accts., one BUSINESS one PERSONAL. If you now have a business acct. @ one time you accepted a CREDIT / DEBT card.

Their is no "monthly limit per month" .

dv8grl
06-17-2006, 11:31 AM
Question to those with both a personal and biz acct with paypal- can you have the same bank acct listed for both or does it have to be two separate bank accts? Thanks!!

I have 2 different bank accts.

- I actually have 4 different checking accts! LOL - I cannot say no to a bank that will bribe me to become a customer ie: FREE CHECKING ACCT. + a $50 VISA Gift Card to open an acct! LOL ~

Bubblescc
06-17-2006, 02:25 PM
I have 2 different bank accts.

- I actually have 4 different checking accts! LOL - I cannot say no to a bank that will bribe me to become a customer ie: FREE CHECKING ACCT. + a $50 VISA Gift Card to open an acct! LOL ~

OH My Gosh, I thought I was the only one that does this..too funny! I have 3 right now..... ;) .

karenc001
06-17-2006, 03:14 PM

I had a bus. account and didnt want it, I emailed them and they were nice about it, they said they would switch me to a personal this time, but if I up grade again I will be stuck with it.

tracey74
06-17-2006, 04:02 PM
actually paypal has 3 accts. personal,premiere and business.I have a premiere one and they charged me a fee for someone sending me money that used a credit card.and I DONT have a business acct.you can always go to the paypal help page and look for a subject on fees and see if it pertains to your acct.thats what I did when I couldnt figure out why I was charged a fee.premiere is just an upgrade of the free(and its free).maybe they are charging some survey sites I know I read somewhere on a PTR site that paypal can charge some accts or even close them for getting paid this way and Im pretty sure it had to do with taxes.

foreverinc
06-17-2006, 08:05 PM
sry duplicate.

foreverinc
06-17-2006, 08:06 PM
I just got time to check out paypal site & this is what I came up with. I hope this helps everyone out. :)

Top Questions

What is the fee schedule for PayPal accounts?

It's always free to send payments using your PayPal account; however, PayPal members with a Business or Premier account are charged a low transaction fee for receiving payments. For more information, consult the fee schedule.

Fees
--------------------------------------------------------------------------PayPal charges Premier and Business accounts to receive payments. Personal accounts are free, but may not receive debit or credit card payments.

Personal Account Premier/Business Account
Open an Account-Free /Free
Send Money- Free/ Free
Withdraw Funds- Free for bank accounts in the US / Free for bank accounts in the US
Add Funds-Free /Free
Receive Funds- Free /+ 1.9% to 2.9% + $0.30 USD
Multiple Currency Transactions- Exchange rate includes a 2.5% fee* /Exchange rate includes a 2.5% fee*

+These fees apply to U.S. users only.
* If your transaction involves a currency conversion, it will be completed at a retail foreign exchange rate determined by PayPal, which is adjusted regularly based on market conditions. This exchange rate includes a 2.5% spread above the wholesale exchange rate at which PayPal obtains foreign currency, and the spread is retained by PayPal. The specific exchange rate that applies to your multiple currency transaction will be displayed at the time of the transaction.

Top Questions

Which PayPal account type is right for me?

PayPal offers three different account types, Personal, Premier, or Business. Each account type has access to a different set of features and capabilities. Keep reading for a discussion of these features, which will help you decide which account is right for you.

Personal Accounts are for use by individuals only and cannot receive credit card payments. Personal Accounts include all of our Core Features (see below).

Premier Accounts are for members who have a high transaction volume, need to accept credit card payments, or would like access to our special features. Premier Accounts include all of our Core Features, as well as our Premium Features (see below). Premier Accounts may operate under an individual name.

Business Accounts are for business use only. Business Accounts include our entire Core Features, as well as our Premium Features (see below). Business Accounts can operate under a company or group name.

Core Features:
Send Money
Request Money
Auctions Tools
Website Payments
Money Market
Virtual Debit Card
Account Insurance
Downloadable Log
Email-based customer service

Premium Features:
All of the Core Features
Do business as yourself, under a corporate name, or group name
Accept unlimited credit card payments
Payment Receiving Preferences
Subscriptions
ATM/Debit Card
7 day-a-week toll free customer service
Mass Payments
Multi-User Access *For Business Accounts
Advanced Downloadable logs

Business and Premier Accounts are assessed a transaction fee, which is a small percentage of each payment received. See our fee schedule.

dv8grl
06-17-2006, 08:09 PM
Business and Premier Accounts are assessed a transaction fee, which is a small percentage of each payment received. See our fee schedule.

I always thought Business & Premier were the same thing., I guess in a awy they are, just a Business has alittle more bells & whistles...