PDA

View Full Version : baby car seat help!

Airbuswife
05-21-2006, 09:35 AM
Hi! i'm hoping someone can help me or point me in the right direction for some information. :) my friend just gave me a bigger car seat for my baby, she'll be one next wednesday so its time to graduate to a bigger car seat, yay!! but, the car seat i was given is an Evenflo, and is 8 years old but is in great condition. Does anyone now how i can check to see if its still approved for Federal Motor Vehicle Standards? I'm thinking of calling the company, but i was hoping there was a website i could go to for the information.

thanks!

JewelsRose
05-21-2006, 09:45 AM
http://www.inventiveparent.com/state-laws.htm
may be some help here.

JKATHERINE
05-21-2006, 11:58 AM
Hey Jackie,
I just want to mention that I think you're not supposed to use anything more than 5 years old. Also, be sure that it has never been in any kind of an accident...even a minor one, because there could be something wrong/broken with it that you dont' see or notice and it could be ineffective in a crash. HTH Good luck on finding info. :)

Jamie

DIRKSWIFE4
05-22-2006, 05:08 PM
Look all over it. I learned this since I became a mamaw, even carseats have an experation date on them!!!! I about shiot when DD showed me that!!