PDA

View Full Version : Extremely sad

Quaker_Parrots
05-13-2006, 06:15 PM
My African Grey died about 7:30 tonight.

RIP Boo Boo, I will always love you.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v440/quakerparrots/EasterChucksrose054.jpg

ADSKINNER
05-13-2006, 06:31 PM
I'm so sorry to hear that.
I know how it is to lose a friend. :(

tngirl
05-13-2006, 06:34 PM
I am sorry to hear that Quaker :( How old was Boo Boo?

Specialk
05-13-2006, 06:36 PM
Awww hun' I am so sorry to hear about Boo-Boo!!! He sure is a beautiful bird!!!!

delSol
05-13-2006, 06:39 PM
I'm sorry, losing a pet/friend is awful.

Quaker_Parrots
05-13-2006, 06:45 PM
I don't know exactly how old she was, but I was told in her 20's, but I kinda feel like she was older than that. I had her almost 3 years. She was very special to my family. Everyone cried tonight, even my DH. She was just like one of my kids.

She wasn't always the prettiest to look at (she was a plucker) but I didn't care, I loved her for her personality, not her looks. I am gonna be lost without her.

Thanks for the well wishes, it really helps.

nightrider127
05-13-2006, 07:00 PM
I am so sorry Quaker. It's sad and hard to loose a pet.

gobs101
05-13-2006, 07:24 PM
((((Quaker_Parrots))))) So sorry for your loss.

Bubblescc
05-13-2006, 07:45 PM
Sorry Quaker! she was beautiful!

moe265
05-13-2006, 08:10 PM
Sorry for your loss :(

mom2cvam
05-13-2006, 09:24 PM
Awww I'm so sorry Quaker. I lost my Blue and Gold Macaw a few months back so I know how hard it is when you lose your feathered baby. It broke my heart and still bothers me. He was my sweet boy and I loved him to death. We got him as a rescue because the previous owner didn't know how to take care of him and was afraid of him. Once he was in my home he was a totally different bird, so sweet and lovable. He was born with a genetic defect of some kind from bad breeding and had health issues from a bad start. None of this was obvious until the vet did whatever it is they do when he died. (I was so heartbroken that I didn't really catch everything he was saying.) I didn't know any of this when I got him but I would never had traded him for anything in the world. I still miss hearing him calling me and yelling "I love my mommy". Some people don't understand how I could be so attached to a bird, they obvously have never had their hearts won over by one. I've had many birds win over my heart. My house is full of them. My cockatoo still misses her buddy. :( I'm know I will get another macaw but it will never replace my baby boy. I am so sorry for your loss. My heart is just breaking for you. :(

Aloha from paradise
05-13-2006, 09:27 PM
I'm so very sorry for your loss. We would be lost without our Cockatoo Lucy. Was Boo sick or was it just sudden? I'm glad you had her for the few years you did. You are so right. They are like one of the kids. At least Boo had a loving home thanks to you and the family. I've read some of your posts about your birds so I know how much you loved Boo. I know they say time heals all wounds but when we lose an animal I don't know if I really believe it. I still talk to a picture of a dog we had that died over 5 years ago. I've never loved an animal as much as I did that dog. I wish there was something I could say to make you feel better but I know there isn't. God bless you and your family...

Quaker_Parrots
05-14-2006, 04:40 AM
It was pretty sudden. I kinda wonder if she was hiding it. With birds it is a kind of defense mechanism, you never know they are sick till it is too late. They do that in the wild to defend against predators, so it is instinct.

Mom2cvam, I am very sorry to hear of your loss, and you are right, a lot of people don't understand us getting attatched to a bird. If they had known our babies, they would understand. Boo always talked to me, and was doing stuff for attention. She loved to cuddle, and always gave kisses when you took her out. She never would say peanut(her favorite treat) but she had DH wrapped around her little toe in that respect, because all she had to do was say "whatcha want" and he knew what she wanted. LOL, she would even blow raspberries whenever she would kiss DH on the cheek, it was so funny. I am gonna miss her so much. She was basically a rescue too. People who had her left her in a house for over a week by herself while they moved, and the husband was allergic, so they advertised, and basically, I just gave them some money for the cage. I am sure I will have other birds(besides my quakers) too, but none that will take my Boo's place.

Thanks again everyone for the well wishes.

iluvmybaby
05-14-2006, 06:02 AM
:( That is so sad! I will pray for you and your family in ur time of loss

tsquared
05-14-2006, 06:03 AM
Awwwwwww i am so sorry for your loss

jdfan
05-14-2006, 08:05 AM
yep! I would miss Chicken (rose breasted cockatoo), 3 yo, if anything would happen to him. He is a mess. My sis's african grey keeps him happy now. When I spend more than a day away from him, I find myself mocking him. My mom's oncologist, who was visiting her during her recent hospital stay, was entertained by the stories of our two birds and the relationship with the rest of the zoo at our house. I never thought I would get attached to birds either. I tell my adult children that the reason that I have these animals is because that is how much space is missing in my heart without them around me. Rescue is a heart breaking way to fall in love with a large bird. You don't know what they have been through, but at least you know that you loved them. That takes alot of heart, and I hope you find another bird. My prayers are with you.

Ethereal
05-15-2006, 03:44 PM
She was beautiful. I'm so sorry for your loss

Willow
05-15-2006, 03:53 PM
I'm sorry. :(

dv8grl
05-15-2006, 03:55 PM
Aww.. I'm so sorry to hear about your " baby ".

silkprint
05-15-2006, 04:07 PM
Awww I am sorry . What a cute name too . That's what we call our cat Boo boo Kitty . Losing a pet is like losing a wonderful friend. You will be in my thoughts .

Quaker_Parrots
05-15-2006, 07:24 PM
Thank you all for your warm thoughts.

You know the funny thing about Boo, she spent biggest part of her life being tagged as a boy (her name was formerly "Herbie") When I got her, it took me about a month before I gave her a good once over, and found the tattoo on her left wing(at one point she had been surgically sexed), which indicated Boo was really a girl, and not a boy like I was told. LOL, poor baby, from that day on, I let her know I thought she was a pretty "girl"

When I was in her room today, I could have sworn I heard her stretching, and looked over, and of course she wasn't there. She really was such a special sweetie.

JewelsRose
05-22-2006, 07:52 PM
Thank you all for your warm thoughts.

You know the funny thing about Boo, she spent biggest part of her life being tagged as a boy (her name was formerly "Herbie") When I got her, it took me about a month before I gave her a good once over, and found the tattoo on her left wing(at one point she had been surgically sexed), which indicated Boo was really a girl, and not a boy like I was told. LOL, poor baby, from that day on, I let her know I thought she was a pretty "girl"

When I was in her room today, I could have sworn I heard her stretching, and looked over, and of course she wasn't there. She really was such a special sweetie.
I am so very sorry, and I know that feeling all to well. :(