PDA

View Full Version : Any ideas on decorating a car for a wedding?

TxGreek
05-03-2006, 09:06 AM
My big sister is getting married this Friday and me and my little sister want to trash her car. :D

Do you have any ideas on what to use?

We'd like to write on the windows and sides, but what's safe to use (IOW: won't take off the paint or damage the car)?

We don't want to do anything too over the top (condoms, etc) because small children will be there. BUT .... we do want it to be funny so we're open to ideas.

Thanks!

lassss
05-03-2006, 09:15 AM
The make markers just for car windows so it won't damage anything.

freeplease
05-03-2006, 11:06 AM
What ever happened to good old shaving cream? lol Every wedding I ever saw had the car covered in shaving cream. And I seem to remember glitter, too.

JKATHERINE
05-03-2006, 11:07 AM
They also make reusable/restickable vinyl decals that you can stick on cars as well (available at party supply stores). I know after we got married, dh's truck was covered in just about everything imaginable, including those vinyl decals, special markers, toilet paper and cans lol

TxGreek
05-03-2006, 01:16 PM
Thanks! I'm going to head to the party store right now.

I definitely like the toilet paper idea (she'll kill me! lol) and using a car marker.

I read that shaving cream is Ok to use as long as it's cleaned off soon after it's put on. I don't think cleaning the car will be on her list of things to do that night, though. :p

Thanks, again! :D

Jolie Rouge
05-03-2006, 03:39 PM
Shaving creme can damage the finish on the car - substitute canned whipped topping for the same effect. Waterbased tempra paint is colorful and safe on the finish, available at most stores that carry school supplies and allows you to get VERY creative. Shoes and cans tied under the bumper and hiden under the car are a classic. They filled everything with BIRDSEED ( ashtrays, any cubby they could find. ) They put sardines on the manifold ( whew ! ) and popcorn on ( not IN ) the carbarator/air intake. Rocks in the hubcaps. Helium balloons in the trunk.

annie169
05-03-2006, 07:37 PM
well, um, er.....I don't know how "graphic" you wanna be, but we bought colored condoms, blew them up with a tire pump and tied them to the attenna. We also put an open one on each of the windshield wipers. btw....some shaving creams will eat the clear finish off of the paint.

janelle
05-04-2006, 12:32 AM
They used vaseline on my nephews car on the windows but when he rolled them down to see while he drove it got inside of his doors. He finally had to take the doors apart and clean it all out. What a headache.

Go to a practical gag store and see if you can get a fake bullet hole to paste on the windshield.