PDA

View Full Version : Can someone help-Anyone who lives in NYC-What is this resturant across from the WTC

Pepsi4me
04-25-2006, 07:51 AM
When we went to New York City last Monday we ate at a resturant/deli that was directly across from the World trade center site. In fact when the WTC buildings fell this resturants front window was blown out. They used this resturant as a first aid station(they have the wooden sign in the resturant that was outside that says first aid station). They have a framed flag inside w/all the names of people who died that day & a few pictures). They advertise outside that they have enough seating in the back for 100 people.
We really loved this resturant/deli & when we went in & when we left we didnt look at the name of the place. You go in & the 1st part is a deli & the next part is a grill w/lots of tables in the back.
Anyone who lives there or knows NYC know the place Im talking about?

sdb_ngc
04-25-2006, 09:07 AM
not sure thought it was Brooks Bros

Pepsi4me
04-25-2006, 09:10 AM
I think Brooks brothers is a clothing store.

tracey74
04-25-2006, 04:37 PM
maybe its schlotskys deli(not sure how its spelled or is it stage door deli?

Fred12
04-25-2006, 06:22 PM
Stage Door

Pepsi4me
04-26-2006, 10:01 AM
Thank you!

I thought it was the stage door but I just saw a thing on the news about rebuilding starting on the world trade center site & they showed that deli & talked to people there & it was the place we ate at.

The Essex World Cafe

http://store3.geomerx.com/essexworldcafe/index.cfm?fuseaction=