PDA

View Full Version : Someone Has Taken Over My Yahoo IM

lexasmommy
04-14-2006, 05:45 PM
:mad:

I can't get into my yahoo IM or email. They have changed my password. I'm not sure of there is info that they can use or what?!?!?!?

Someone please help!

Bliss
04-14-2006, 06:51 PM
Have you contacted Yahoo? I doubt you'll get a reply, but it's worth a shot.

lexasmommy
04-14-2006, 08:01 PM
Thanks for responding. I comtacted them and keep getting that canned response.

tracey74
04-14-2006, 10:50 PM
you can go to password help(as if you lost your password) and provide your city,state,zip code and your user name they can either email it to your alternate email if you gave one when making the ID or get a new password but you must know the answer to your security question.its harder for people to steal your acct if your password has letters and numbers and its nothing easy to figure out like birthdate or phone number.if that dont work then your s.o.l because writing to yahoo they will ask you for your name,addy,zip,alternate email and your security question and answer.if you cant remember those then forget it.to do it thru messenger act like youre going to login and hit the lost password or the help button.and submit the info if ya know it.

Dragonfairie
04-15-2006, 07:06 AM
Maybe you can try calling them.
Yahoo! Inc.
701 First Avenue
Sunnyvale, CA 94089
Tel: (408) 349-3300
Fax: (408) 349-3301

usascs
04-19-2006, 07:24 PM
This happened to me a couple of months ago. Yahoo is no help I emailed them 100's of times a day after a week went by and no responce. I called them at least a few dozen times and NADDA. Funny thing is I had a payed account. I then started to get customer support surveys for each time I contacted them. They failed miserably on each of those surveys

tracey74
04-19-2006, 08:59 PM
you CAN get your ID back if you know your security question and answer. and your date of birth,zip,username,etc. otherwise if someone figured out your security question and answer and changed that then you cant get it back.most of the time its lamers as they call them that lock peoples IDs or steal them.and most of the time its because a password is just numbers or just letters or they know ya and know what your pw would be.otherwise its harder for them to break in I have only had ONE ID stolen in 6 yrs but have had MANY accts locked to where i couldnt log in for weeks.there is a chat client called yahelite that has an account unlocker on it.it has a page that helps you send a report that that ID was locked.its helped me a few times. I know its aggrevating but most IDs can be retrieved.

MnMLover
05-03-2006, 03:25 AM
God I hope if you have paypal it's not routed to that account!
Good Luck!

dlwt
05-03-2006, 10:41 AM
so sorry. I am not sure why anyone would even do this? What do they get outta the deal. Man its just like someone gettting into your email, why? Half my email is crap the other half is work crap and the other is personal letters that would mean nothing to anyone else. Glad people have so much time on theri hands to do the boring lets get into so and so's email. Jeeze so sorry this happended to you, hope you can get it fixed

lexasmommy
05-03-2006, 07:12 PM
Thanks everyone for your help. It took me 3 days but I finally figured out the answer to the password hint question. I just can't understand why anyone would do something like that.

Yahoo was no help at all, by the way.