PDA

View Full Version : OMG!!! My paypal account broke into.

gobs101
04-12-2006, 12:44 PM
:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Some %@%# idiot got into my paypal account last week and went on a shopping spree!!! They maxed out my account along with my CC I had on there to the tune of over $8,000!!!! I "NOW" own a new video camera,digital camera, state of the art VCR/DVD player, paid some bills off, bought over $250 in VS undies, (they dont even carry my size, large butts, lol),Bath and body,clothes and just so much more!!
Called paypal after my CC called asking me about all these charges which isnt like me. They filed my complaint and I will be getting ALL my monies back, went to call my bank and see what my account looks like as I have 15,000 overdraft protection and she said "oh, you are about $2500 in overdrafts and we were going to call and notifiy you as it poped up suspicious on our side. Explained all was told to bring in papers and all charges will be accounted. Then I closed the account along with the card and opened new account.

So much crap to go through for a bunch of crooks.

Bank called me back and told me that the person who hacked into my account wasnt very bright as she signed HER name on a couple of slips so they called the police in her state and will be filing fraud,stealing and bunch of other charges.

kyswpgrl
04-12-2006, 12:53 PM
What a horrible thing to have to go through. At least everyone sided with you AND they were able to determine who it was. Did they let you in on the woman's name?

Bubblescc
04-12-2006, 05:41 PM
Oh MY how terrible!! I am so sorry.....I had a problem with someone using my card and paypal got it straightned out pretty quick. Of course mine wasnt near as bad as yours!!!

tsquared
04-12-2006, 06:10 PM
Sucks to have to do all the paperwork, but in the end the lesser of 2 evils.......glad they are on top of it for you........

Freebeemom
04-12-2006, 07:05 PM
OMG...signed her own name! STUPID!!
I am so sick of people like this! Hope you get it straight!

TexasGal
04-12-2006, 07:34 PM
I had the same thing happen to me, but for a lesser amount of money. I deleted my credit card info from my paypal account. When I do need to make a payment with my card, I add it back to my account, and AS SOON as the payment is made I delete it again! ;)

dixiechicken
04-17-2006, 07:42 AM
Some people are so stupid! I would be irrate. I am wondering if you can get more money back from her due to "duress"? Hmmm, just wondering.

hblueeyes
04-17-2006, 08:26 AM
I use a webcertificate as my credit card for paypal. No way they can get me. The most they will ever get is $25.

Me :p

disneymom
04-17-2006, 09:03 AM
how do you get web certificates?

hblueeyes
04-17-2006, 09:10 AM
Usually from mypoints.com. I cash in my 3500 points for a webcertificate. When that expires, in about 2-3 years, I get a new account and register that with paypal. It is just like a mastercard. I use this too for all those $1 sign ups. Then when they try to bill me early it wont go thru.

Me :p

Bubblescc
04-17-2006, 09:11 AM
how do you get web certificates?

You can cash out at my points for one.

heres thier address so you can look at it...

www.webcertificate.com

PrincessArky
04-17-2006, 11:17 AM
I am sorry you are going through this and I sure hope it all works out well and soon

Bigluver
04-20-2006, 12:58 AM
This happened ot us too..hey put a keylogger on our puter and got all of our passwprds and had a good ol time. *******s! What's wrong with people today?

gobs101
04-21-2006, 06:02 AM
Glad to say i got ALL my money back and everything credited back to CC today. Paypal was really quick on this!! Thank goodness. I have taken the advice given here and removed all things associated with my bank and cc.

migirlfriday
04-21-2006, 07:43 AM
Glad to hear you got all your money back.

I had an incident a couple of weeks ago where I had an email that looked like it came right from Paypal saying I needed to logon because my account was being deactivated. So, I click on the link and it says I need to add a credit card in order to not be deactivated. It looked just like the Paypal sight. Well, luckily I do not have a credit card and I exited the screen. I thought about it for a few moments and then got mad. I had just used my Paypal account a few weeks before that and the reason I use Paypal is because I do not have a credit card. So, I logged onto the Paypal website and sent an inquiry as to why I needed to enter credit card info. They emailed me back saying that they did not send me an email and to immediately go onto Paypal and change my password. They also asked me to forward the email to them. That was a close call and I consider myself pretty well informed about scams, but I was almost sucked in. They already got my login info when I clicked their link and "logged in", and they could have had my credit card info if I had entered it. Paypal advised me to change my password so that the scammers could not log onto my account.