PDA

View Full Version : Not really a vent or whine, more of a "this sucks" moment...

Cowgirlie_in_Tennessee
04-08-2006, 09:05 PM
I work in a Call Center...and we all know how the turn over rate is in this industry, so typically us, CSR's don't get close with our team mates because they may be gone the next day...week...month...hour in a few cases at my company... but with in the last 2 weeks a lot has happened on my team involving me and a co-worker... long story short version: I was being sexually harrassed by a co-worker, yes, I DID report it and the VP of HR ultimately made it out like I was the perp. not the victim, so nothing happened to him. He's still there, and we both got threatened with being fired for "nonsense". Great team work, eh? :mad: Anyways, part of the deal with HR and the Operations Manager I work with was that I had to move desks far far far away from the guy bothering me, and I ended moving to a section of the Floor that I would normally not socialize in... BUT I've since met Andre AKA "Spoony-Love" (this really HOT black dude) and Andres AKA "Venezuelan Heat" AKA "Romeo".
Well... if you know anything about what goes on in the world, you know that Venezuela is under a Dictatorship... Andres and his family had to Exile from there and he's been here since last August. He's self taught himself English and actually he does very well for a kid who sounds like "Balki" from "Perfect Strangers"... remember that show?!?! :D
Within the last week, I've really gotten to know "Romeo", he's become someone I look forward to seeing everyday. He is 18/19 and has a BRIGHT future. I'm just crazy about this kid...and as I type this he's in Venezuela...for 2 weeks. He says they can't make him stay, he has citizenship here and he *COULD* go to the Embassy if he gets in a bind...but he's barely been gone (he left today (Friday) at 2:50 PM, and it takes 7 hours to get there), and I miss him already.

It's going to be a lonely 2 weeks... :o :( :o

cpbaby
04-09-2006, 06:48 AM
Awwww, Im sorry. {{{hugs******

Cowgirlie_in_Tennessee
04-09-2006, 02:14 PM
Aww thanks... I'm just so sad right now. He's such a great friend and I really do worry that something will happen over there. His Mom (who is here) was an MD there and they had to exile because she was anti-government. :(

Awwww, Im sorry. {{{hugs******

cpbaby
04-09-2006, 03:09 PM
Oooooooooooo, that would scare me. Why did he go back? I think Id be afarid to.

Cowgirlie_in_Tennessee
04-09-2006, 03:55 PM
His girlfriend. :rolleyes: :p :D They've been together 2 years, did I mention he's only 18. LMAO!

Oooooooooooo, that would scare me. Why did he go back? I think Id be afarid to.

iluvmybaby
04-09-2006, 07:27 PM
You need to go above your post, the coperate office, your company prob has an open door policy, if ur boss does not fix the haressment problem then he is liable, if you get fired for this contact a lawyer, any lawyer worth his salt would have a field day with this situation. If you need help finding the #'s or address to the coperate office please PM me who you work for and I will track them down 4 u

Cowgirlie_in_Tennessee
04-10-2006, 07:30 PM
First of all, an update...
Andres made it to Venezuela, Saturday night... I'm guessing there may of been some lay-overs? Not real clear on that... talked with his Mom today, and she is flipping out. I'm not keeping up with the situation there, but obviously his Mom is, and she told me today that things have taken a turn for the worse there. I guess the Dictorship/Government is really having a field day right now and she told him she wants him to stay close to the Embassy. *sigh* :(

Iluvmybaby:
Thanks for the concern... but I can assure you that if I went any higher than the VP of HR and trust me, he was REALLY pissed off at the situation, mainly at the guy harrassing me, they *WOULD* fire me. I'm not knocking my immediate Sup because she did everything right, I am however ticked at HR. I also talked with my Operations Manager and HE is definitely someone you don't F*** with, so when he took me up to HR to report the guy, he was definitely tuned in and taking notes about what he's said/done. HR is the problem here. HR is freaking out because in a call center this small, we're talking less than 1000 people, THIS stuff doesn't happen. They've fired people for less, and I know that they just really don't know how to handle this without looking bad. It is the VP of HR that made me and the guy BOTH look like we caused this. So, I went off on him...the whole "how dare you..." speech and boy, was he floored. So now, they can say that they're concerned about the project but I KNOW for a fact that they have the CEO, or CCO or CBS or whatever he is... LOL :D :p :eek: hanging out around my general area lately and also the Manager of CS is hanging out. And the Manager of CS and I have had our run in before, about 2 months ago actually when they kicked me off of SBC Bronze for "lack of a caring attitude"... which I promptly told him why that was... they didn't like that speech either. LOL! I have no fear with this company... I shouldn't take it for granted but I am good at what I do...really good actually...and they can't afford to lose me. So I think they over look the attitude "problem" and just let me do my thing. :p

redrig
04-11-2006, 07:29 AM
His mom is right, things have gotten really out of hand in Venez over the last few days. They're threatening to kick the US Ambassador out, they did all sorts of stuff to the car he was traveling in (while the police looked the other way), so maybe the embassy there is NOT the best place to be. They are EXTREMELY anti-US right now, and the dictator knows we won't do anything because of the oil. I hope Andres makes it back here safely.

Cowgirlie_in_Tennessee
04-11-2006, 06:27 PM
I had no idea it was that bad... :eek:
If anything changes I'll let ya know... and I'll let you know WHEN he gets back. Gotta stay positive... :o

His mom is right, things have gotten really out of hand in Venez over the last few days. They're threatening to kick the US Ambassador out, they did all sorts of stuff to the car he was traveling in (while the police looked the other way), so maybe the embassy there is NOT the best place to be. They are EXTREMELY anti-US right now, and the dictator knows we won't do anything because of the oil. I hope Andres makes it back here safely.

tngirl
04-12-2006, 05:24 AM
Ok, I haven't said anything up to this point. First, Venezuela is NOT a dictatorship, it is actually a democratic government. At the present, they have a whacko in office, but he has been legally elected to that position. Then, if you are in exile from a country, WHY would you go back? Where in Venezuela is he?

The police and military have walked the streets with rifles for years. This is mainly because of the "mob" mentality of the general public. They "protest" (more like riot) for the smallest of things. Several years ago they "protested" because they were increasing bus fare. Before this president there was an attempted military coup, with planes bombing the countryside and everything. Venezuela has always been at odds over something or the other. This has been mainly because of the corrupt government that the people continue to elect. The country has been oil rich but the people are poor. You have two classes, the haves and the have nots. And this is nothing in comparison to our country.

My ex-husband was just down there last month to visit his family, so I am not just speaking out my arse :D

jdfan
04-12-2006, 06:38 AM
Don't you work with any other women? Why is a 30 yo so involved in the life of an 18 yo? You talk about a couple of the men as "eye candy" and yet you are complaining about sexual harassment? You really need to take a look at your own actions. It was "your" actions that brought about simply moving you. If the guy was truly harassing you, you are still blowing your case with the HR. Your actions now are: you could be perceived as harassing the 18 yo. What the HECK?!!! If I were the boy's mother I would hang up on you.

Cowgirlie_in_Tennessee
04-12-2006, 06:40 PM
:eek: I usually don't reply to ignorance but I'm feeling froggy so I'll jump... :eek:

1. YOU know NOTHING about me. Other than you claim you're in Tennessee and you've made a total of an amazing 43 posts. PLEASE. I have been here for YEARS! YEARS! Got that?
2. I work in a call center, most call centers have various projects...my project has a TOTAL of 25 agents. So, actually NO I don't work with a lot of women. The major of our team IS men...of ALL ages.
3. Why am I so involved? Because he is a valuable asset to this company, he is ONLY Bi-Lig. (since I doubt you know what that means, I'll explain... :eek: He is THE ONLY Spanish speaking agent we have on our team. We call Texas, Florida and a few other heavy Spanish speaking states. We NEED him. He is a friend. I have worked for my company for 2 YEARS, I have known Andres and Lila (that's his MOM, who also works with us VERY P/T) for 1 month. I really can't say that I'm heavily involved in his life. LMAO!
4. I have NEVER used the term "eye candy". I also think several musicians and actors and actresses...because I'm Bi-Sexual and I bet that offends you too...are "hot". Does that mean that I'm going to call CNN or FOX and tell them that? Or would that be sexual harrassment? :eek: :D :p
5. NO, when some one sits by you day after day and refers to a woman's P**** as "Bizzzzzzzzzzcuts and Gravy", asks if you will do a strip tease for him, calls Virginia, Vagina... etc. etc. etc. I have most certainly NOT brought that on myself. I didn't ask him to refer to a woman's P**** PERIOD. You are insane if you think that ANYONE, man or woman, deserves to hear such lude comments... 10 hours a day, 5 days a week. He also *TOUCHED* me...he came up to me and touched me in a place that NO ONE should ever touch me, I don't care who you are.
6. I'm harrassing a 18 year old by yelling "SPANISH CALL"?! LMAO! OMG that's rich! That's really really amusing to me.

Next time I'm at the book store I'll do you a favor and buy you the book "How to be a Troll for Dummies", hell maybe I can buy it on E-bay for you?! LMAO!

Don't you work with any other women? Why is a 30 yo so involved in the life of an 18 yo? You talk about a couple of the men as "eye candy" and yet you are complaining about sexual harassment? You really need to take a look at your own actions. It was "your" actions that brought about simply moving you. If the guy was truly harassing you, you are still blowing your case with the HR. Your actions now are: you could be perceived as harassing the 18 yo. What the HECK?!!! If I were the boy's mother I would hang up on you.

Cowgirlie_in_Tennessee
04-12-2006, 06:43 PM
Okay, I'll give you that. Maybe it wasn't supposed to be a Dictatorship, but in my eyes if you act like a Dictator, you probably are. Granted I'm not from there and I don't know all the governmental policies there but I DO know that he went back to have a major surgery and his girlfriend and her family is there. And those are good enough reasons for me...not that he has to justify anything to anyone.
I also know that he is a good friend...and as my friend I worry about him. :D

Ok, I haven't said anything up to this point. First, Venezuela is NOT a dictatorship, it is actually a democratic government. At the present, they have a whacko in office, but he has been legally elected to that position. Then, if you are in exile from a country, WHY would you go back? Where in Venezuela is he?

The police and military have walked the streets with rifles for years. This is mainly because of the "mob" mentality of the general public. They "protest" (more like riot) for the smallest of things. Several years ago they "protested" because they were increasing bus fare. Before this president there was an attempted military coup, with planes bombing the countryside and everything. Venezuela has always been at odds over something or the other. This has been mainly because of the corrupt government that the people continue to elect. The country has been oil rich but the people are poor. You have two classes, the haves and the have nots. And this is nothing in comparison to our country.

My ex-husband was just down there last month to visit his family, so I am not just speaking out my arse :D

tngirl
04-12-2006, 07:01 PM
Considering the state of their health facilities I would think if he needed major surgery he would have had it done here in the US...I know my mother in law (ex mil), came here to the US for medical treatment. After returning home she could not get the medicines she needed and died. I am not doubting you word, but possibly his?? I can't imagine any major surgery that you could have and then be able to travel within 2 weeks.

Well, I wish him luck, with his girlfriend and his surgery....having it done there he is gonna need it.

Cowgirlie_in_Tennessee
04-12-2006, 07:32 PM
All I know is that his family is/was one of the "have's", because his Mom was an M.D. in Venz. not sure what his Dad does/did.

Considering the state of their health facilities I would think if he needed major surgery he would have had it done here in the US...I know my mother in law (ex mil), came here to the US for medical treatment. After returning home she could not get the medicines she needed and died. I am not doubting you word, but possibly his?? I can't imagine any major surgery that you could have and then be able to travel within 2 weeks.

Well, I wish him luck, with his girlfriend and his surgery....having it done there he is gonna need it.

jdfan
04-12-2006, 07:56 PM
Here are my responses to your questions and comments:
#1. Is that a nanna-nanna-boo-boo thing? You have been in this forum longer than I have, so what?
#2. Not really a question there, but again, so what?
#3. Yeah, I know what bilingual is, I speak a little spanish, took it in college and lived in SA (South America) for 2.5 yrs.
#4. Noone asked for your sexual orientation, who cares?
#5. If it was that bad, lawyer up!
#6. Glad I made you laugh.

Yes, dad-blame it. I was born and mostly raised in the good ole state of Tennessee.

Cowgirlie_in_Tennessee
04-12-2006, 09:46 PM
:rolleyes:

Here are my responses to your questions and comments:
#1. Is that a nanna-nanna-boo-boo thing? You have been in this forum longer than I have, so what?
#2. Not really a question there, but again, so what?
#3. Yeah, I know what bilingual is, I speak a little spanish, took it in college and lived in SA (South America) for 2.5 yrs.
#4. Noone asked for your sexual orientation, who cares?
#5. If it was that bad, lawyer up!
#6. Glad I made you laugh.

Yes, dad-blame it. I was born and mostly raised in the good ole state of Tennessee.