PDA

View Full Version : Heelys!!!

delSol
03-26-2006, 09:22 AM
Gosh, I hate these things!!! Why do you have to go out and be careful not to trip over some kid that is racing around on these things? I understand the kids love them, but the kids are always under foot, not looking and should not be allowed in stores/resteraunts, the parents say nothing and i have doubt that if they fall and get hurt they will be suing. If I choose to get aound by hovercraft would you like to have to dodge me in publix? there is a time and a place and since you can't count on the kids/parents to be mindful of other people, I think they should not be allowed in certain places.

TxGreek
03-26-2006, 01:24 PM
Where I live, they're not allowed in stores, school, restaurants, etc. I guess it's just a matter of having enough employees to tell the kids they're not allowed.
I personally don't mind them, but I guess I've never been run over by them. lol

usascs
03-26-2006, 03:54 PM
what are they?

LitWtch
03-26-2006, 04:39 PM
I agree completely! Just had a couple kids heely-ing around the BX. I complained to the floor worker that this was not a skate rink and that someone needed to control their kids. He went to them and told them to leave, as well as the parents.

YankeeMary
03-26-2006, 04:58 PM
what are they?
I believe they are the shoes with wheels in them.

freebielover
03-26-2006, 08:01 PM
At Dunkin Donuts this morning there was a little boy wheeling around on his, and his mother was walking in front of him not paying attention, he tried to jump the curb and fell. Then he got up and wheeled right into the store. They're so stupid. So many kids got hurt at my sisters school they do a shoe inspection every morning lol.

tracey74
03-26-2006, 09:20 PM
they banned those at the schools and places here in my area of WV when they first came out a few years ago

Brenimom
03-27-2006, 08:23 AM
I agree that some children and their parents are not the brightest matches in the pack when it comes to the proper place for them to use the Heelys.

My son has a pair and he knows that he is NOT to even have the wheels installed in them when he is away from our home. No stores, school or any other public place. That's just common senses but unfortunelty some people just don't have or use theirs.

buttrfli
03-27-2006, 08:26 AM
My kids have them and they are only allowed to wear them at home... even tho they know better not to skate in pub places, I am not going to chance it. Those htings are dangerous!