PDA

View Full Version : irritated at the neighbor

Buslady469
03-20-2006, 03:33 PM
I know that this is going to sound really petty, but it really bugs me.....I am not a huge fan of my neighbor who lives across the street from me, I am nice and I do speak when I see her, but I can't stand it when ANYONE mentions that they are going to paint the inside of the house, or buy plants for the flower beds, in front of her, she will run out and get paint and paint, and run out and buy plants. Her yard already looks like a jungle...I planted this flowering shrub yesterday, DH like a dumba$$, told her what it was and where we bought it, I be damned if she didn't go out and buy 7 of them today....I wanted to scream.

Not only that, I am a smoker, but I will not smoke in my house, so I go outside, and we smoke in the garage....she will come over and complain the whole time about how she is going to smell like smoke when she goes home, and could we please step out of the garage? Hello, whose house are you at?....My thought, don't come over if you don't like it!!!!

Thanks for letting me vent this stupid vent, I think that the PMS has rtaken over, and DH will be so happy that I vented to y'all, and not to him! LOL

andreame70
03-20-2006, 04:18 PM
What a b*tch, especially the part about asking you to come out of your own garage so that she doesn't smell like smoke. Next time, tell her she might want to keep her happy ass at home if she is afraid that smoking in your own garage is going to make her smell like smoke. Remind her again that it wouldn't be possible, if she were in her own yard. Come to think of it, I think I would light up a smoke anytime that I saw her coming near my house just to piss her off. Maybe one day she will get the clue that it really means that you would prefer for her to stay away.

As far as the plants, does any one here know of anything you can plant that will take over and kill out other things that you already have in the yard? Wouldn't that be a hoot to tell her you bought a bunch of them and where you got them from. Let her run out and grab a bunch to plant. Voila, in no time you will have a great looking yard compared to hers, LMAO.

Good luck.

Andrea

suher99
03-20-2006, 05:00 PM
Need me to send you some good ole Southern Cutzu? That will take care of her jungle for you! lol What a wench for saying something about you smoking in YOUR home. At least u don't smoke inside. I too would lite one up everytime I saw her coming.

Freebeemom
03-20-2006, 05:14 PM
OMG that is funny (The kudzu). I have a neighbor like that. THey are horriable decorators...especially during the holiday (OVERBOARD!). When we put one thing up that was new, they got 2., It is crazy! Now, I try to make my stuff (Homemade signs etc) so I don't have to deal with it.

Sounds like you need to smoke MORE when she is around!

tammy77
03-20-2006, 07:17 PM
Im so sorry that she is like that.I found some info for you that may help.

Sunflower roots contain a natural chemical that kills the roots of other plants upon contact.
Eucalyptus leaves contain chemicals that leach into the soil to make it less inhabitable for potential competitors(but not sure if you can find that around here lol).

If you need any kudzu I can send you some lol.

iluvmybaby
03-20-2006, 08:22 PM
I wonder if it is illegal to mail plants? I would mail you some kudzu to help you fix her flowers :p

okie
03-20-2006, 08:24 PM
Cannas will slowly take over and a few years ago I bought some flowers that tried to take over my garden. I bought them in seed form. I think they were morning glories, not sure though. I remember they grew like weeds though.They had blue or purple flowers(tiny).

Bliss
03-20-2006, 08:29 PM
You guys are so evil. (lol) :D

hblueeyes
03-20-2006, 09:40 PM
I'd mention that you and hubby are each getting 2007 Escalades. I'd also mention that you cannot wait for your new fountain and pond to arrive and be installed along with your new zoya sodding. Let's see if she tries to keep up. If she asks why your don't have your new cars (espically if she gets one) just say you decided a college savings account was better in the long run. But you'll get a great chuckle every time you see he fountain and pond.

Me :p

Buslady469
03-20-2006, 09:52 PM
what is Kudzu???? I am not a plant person, if it is not a hibiscus or a rose I haven't a clue!!!!! Help me out here, what is it, and where can I find it?

ang in NC
03-20-2006, 10:08 PM
I will tell you what kudzu is. Just go visit suher. Then go south a little bit. Into Mississippi. I have never seen so much. Cows and Goats will eat it up! Once it gets started there is no stopping it!

tammy77
03-21-2006, 03:33 AM
what is Kudzu???? I am not a plant person, if it is not a hibiscus or a rose I haven't a clue!!!!! Help me out here, what is it, and where can I find it?

Go to this site.Hopefully it will explain what it is.
http://www.cptr.ua.edu/kudzu/

dlwt
03-21-2006, 09:18 AM
First off if someone complains about my smoking at my house they would hear about it. I would say I pay the taxes or rent or whatever on my house and I dont want to hear **** from you about it. As far as the plants next time think of a TRULY AWFULLY plant and tell her that is what it is and let her fill her yard with the crud. Soemthing that would take over LOL

dlwt
03-21-2006, 09:20 AM
Cannas will slowly take over and a few years ago I bought some flowers that tried to take over my garden. I bought them in seed form. I think they were morning glories, not sure though. I remember they grew like weeds though.They had blue or purple flowers(tiny).
morning glory thats it they take over allmost instandtly and I swear you never get rid of them they wind over and under everything LOL

hblueeyes
03-21-2006, 10:07 AM
bamboo is also a prolific grower. There are plants at the mall with small pretty lilac or white flowers but they smell like urine.

Me :p

Prunella
03-21-2006, 10:27 AM
Naw...tell her you're going to rip up the grass/flowers/plants and put in gravel and cactus. Hehehehehehehehehehe :D

Buslady469
03-21-2006, 12:58 PM
I was telling DH last night about my post...and y'alls replies, he thought that they were funny!!!! So, now he is thinking up things that we an tell her, we are going to do to our yard, to see if she runs out to do it.

UPDATE:
Also, Dh and I just repainted the the bathroom, and tore up the tile in the shower and ripped up the floor and laid tile...we have decided that with our allergies, and all of the animals that we would do the rest of the house as well. Starting one room at a time, because...we are not made of money..GUESS WHAT?????? You got it, I saw the tile guy over there today, so I called her to see what she was doing. She has now decided to rip up all of the carpet and have tile and hardwood laid!

I give up! It's almost like she can't think for herself, and come up with her own ideas....but see at least my DH can do that kind of stuff....she has to pay someone to do it!!!! So we are saving money in the long run! We are in no hurry to get the floors done, but I hate to rush things to, and since I am not working, we have to spend money wisely!

INDYE911
03-22-2006, 11:52 PM
Grrr. That would p*ss me off soooo much if I'm in MY OWN garage on
my OWN property and she's complaining? Screw that! I would be blowing
smoke all over her! Don't come over if you don't want to smell like smoke!

Again-GRRRRRR! I'm already astonished that you can own your own
business (a bar, restaurant, etc.) and the government can tell you that
you can't allow smoking inside. I say YOUR Business, YOUR Bar, YOUR
restaurant, YOUR HOUSE, YOUR PROPERTY and if you want to let people
smoke then it should be allowed.

Absolutely in your own house! As it should be if you own your own
business. I can not believe that you can own a business in America
and the government can tell you if you can have smoking inside.

I know I'm being repetitive but if it's YOUR property WTF?

Anyhoo, When she comes over and you're in your garage and if you want
to be polite (which I wouldn't be) I would say "Well I'm getting ready to
have a cigarette so if you don't want to smell like smoke you might want
to step outside of the garage or GO HOME :)!

Prunella
03-23-2006, 11:13 AM
Here's another idea - the next time you're at the store, get some paint sample cards in a bunch of horrible colors. Put them in the garage next to your smoking chair and the next time she comes over show her what you "picked out." Also talk about the plastic pink flamingos you're getting for the yard. :eek:

andreame70
03-24-2006, 05:34 AM
Better yet, in an effort to get rid of her permanently, you could tell her that you have listed your house with a realtor and you already have two promising offers.

Andrea

Buslady469
03-24-2006, 06:17 AM
She called me yesterday wanting to know if I was upset with her about the smoking comment that she made the other day...I am thinking to myself, how in the heck did she know that? I told her that I thought that it was spretty crappy to tell someone what tot do in their own garage/house. And the funny thing about telling her about a realator Andreame70, is I really might be moving!!!!! Just so I can move somewhere else where I have to worry about S**TY neighbors....

hblueeyes
03-24-2006, 07:29 AM
If that is the only reason you have to move, I'd stay put. She may be rude and irritating but think of the neighbors you could end up with. I have heard horror atories and have a few of my own about neighbors so I would rethink the moving part. You could end up by people with dogs that bark at all hours for hours at a time or drug dealers or worse.

me :p